Northampton (a)

5 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It'll be a tough one.  After some bad managerial choices they have the right manager for their situation in Keith Curle.  They'll make it difficult for us.

Sadly I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are treated to a dour 0-0.

Your sounding like me now Bosh :laught16:

6 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It'll be a tough one.  After some bad managerial choices they have the right manager for their situation in Keith Curle.  They'll make it difficult for us.

Sadly I wouldn't be at all surprised if we are treated to a dour 0-0.

Wouldn't be the worst result in the world - they won 5-0 away last night.

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

They might have to wait till the week after for that. 

Whenever we’re not fancied,  we usually come up with something. Especially away. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if we won on sat. 

Followed by another Oldham nil at home. 

2-0 away win is 12’s. Worth a cheeky fiver. ?

Edited by League one forever

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, rvlatic said:

Northampton Town FC (First Team) v Oldham Athletic FC (First Team)
Football League 2    
Referee: Breakspear, Charles 
Assistant Referee: Kelly, Paul 
Assistant Referee: Tranter, Adrian 
Fourth Official: Fitch-Jackson, Carl 

This joker has sent 8 players off in 16 games, and booked 49.

If Surridge is fit then I can see Baxter being on the bench this Saturday. Also think that O’Grady may be benched too. 

Same back five plus Missilou, Gardner, Lang, Nepomuceno, Surridge/Baxter, Miller. 

It it would be good to see Dummigan play a part in the game too. Also, just read that Maouche and Taylor are back in contention.

Looking forward to a good performance -  just hope that it won’t be a load of old cobblers ...?

Edited by TheBigDog

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And the authorities wonder why spot fixing can be an issue 

Indeed, but if the authorities cared about gambling, then we wouldn’t be playing in the Sky Bet League 2, the adverts when football is on TV wouldn’t be mainly gambling related and the NHS would give more than cursory glance towards gambling addiction.

7 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Indeed, but if the authorities cared about gambling, then we wouldn’t be playing in the Sky Bet League 2, the adverts when football is on TV wouldn’t be mainly gambling related and the NHS would give more than cursory glance towards gambling addiction.

Quite. I've liked a bet for thirty odd years and it's not a problem at all but obviously it is for some and the incessant advertising needs stopping. 

24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Quite. I've liked a bet for thirty odd years and it's not a problem at all but obviously it is for some and the incessant advertising needs stopping. 

No problem with tv advertising as far as i am concerned, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to gamble.

18 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No problem with tv advertising as far as i am concerned, nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to gamble.

Tell that to the 10 year old obsessed with football who is being targeted in the same way that big drinks firms market alcopops but incessantly at all times of day 

14 minutes ago, archiecat said:

No problem........unless you have an existing problem.

These adverts prey on people's greed/susceptibility into spending funds they may not have by bogus enhanced odds offers amongst other scams. One of the more ludicrous offers during the World Cup was Raheem Sterling to score a hat-trick ! Anyone who fell for that one needs more than one kind of help.

I enjoy a bet every day but thankfully am not the type's targetted by half time ads. 

49 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Tell that to the 10 year old obsessed with football who is being targeted in the same way that big drinks firms market alcopops but incessantly at all times of day 

That is nonsense Dave,unless of course the gambling laws have been changed allowing said 10 year olds  the opportunity to part with their pocket money. 

50 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

No problem........unless you have an existing problem.

These adverts prey on people's greed/susceptibility into spending funds they may not have by bogus enhanced odds offers amongst other scams. One of the more ludicrous offers during the World Cup was Raheem Sterling to score a hat-trick ! Anyone who fell for that one needs more than one kind of help.

I enjoy a bet every day but thankfully am not the type's targetted by half time ads. 

There is a big problem these days Bob, peoples inability to cope with any kind of problem!

happens everywhere and in all walks of life, Nobody develops coping strategies any more. Of course shit is gonna happen but we should be able to get on with life.

Ps, Raheem is due a hat-trick :D