Everton Youth (h)

5 minutes ago, singe said:

Nah, 

Is it on par with D3(N) trophy. Probably 

Diasappointed it was into 4 figures. 

Wow it’s lowest attendance since the 1930s. More than 80 years. I have always hated the competition but allowing premier league u21s in it is really taking the biscuit but when all is said and done we need the money. Into the next round onwards and upwards. 

Poor first half despite hitting the woodwork twice .Miller and Hamer though were outstanding in the second half and Benteke did well.

The team talk at half time worked since it was all out attack and all the players put in a shift .I'm still thawing out .Poor crowd but at least those who went left happy.

Edited by Flemboy

21 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Here we go. 7 October 1916, a 1-1 v Stoke, watched by 394. This time in the Lancashire Section Principal Tournament.

My Great Grandad who was also a Latics fan was in Belgium for that one.

So we are talking here about our lowest post war attendance here.

If we insist on having B teams in this tournament then the EFL should go back and demand a slice of the cake rather than crumbs which really is all 10k. For this to work they should ask for 100k for a win in the group stages and 200k for a win in the knock out. Watch how seriously leagues 1 and 2 teams take it then.

It's taken a while but tonight Frankie has come out and said it...

“It was embarrassing. The first-half performance is something I certainly don’t want to be associated with. My players won’t be like that again,”

My favourite quote that we get from every manager. They will Frankie, and then again after that.

I can't remember who said it 3 games in a row, I think it was either Robinson or Kelly.

15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

How much is it for a win? 

It's not 5k it's 10k for a win with a 20k participation fee. So that's 40k to date.

Prize money

Each EFL Club to receive a participation fee of £20,000, in addition to the following competition fund

Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw

Round Two: £20k for a win

Round Three: £40k for a win

Quarter Final: £50k for a win

Runner-up: £50k

Winner: £100k

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Good to see Frankie showing lots of passion during the game.

I think passion from managers is overrated.  I'm not a great lover of Alan Green but i remember him on 606 with a caller criticising Sven for not being passionate enough. Alan said his wife was very passionate but he wouldnt want her to be England manager.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

....or if the loan fee still isn’t paid?

Sturridge is missing because he say's he's injured. You may well have some of your points correct but this isn't. Some players play on with niggles, other's don't, it's that simple.

• Like 1

Well you never know what you are missing until it goes missing.  Midfield first half Maouche and Missile.  Missile was pulled right for some reason and Maouche put on the worst display I have seen from any of our players this year.  One good corner is all he managed.  Looked like a lightweight frightened to tackle and afraid of the moving ball.  Their second goal started with him failing, after being told by Clarke, to mark up.  Absolutely hopeless.

Taken off by Bunn at half time along with Lang and replaced by Gardner (and Benteke).  What a difference.  A game of two halves.  First Maouche two down.  Second Gardner three up.

I suspect Miller would not be able to handle playing every game but if he is he is way in front of COG.  Lang had chances and failed but at least he was there.  Benteke had another great performance - he is quick and his goal not an easy strike.  If both are fit they should start our next game but it will be GOG on his own again.

Baxter is a far better player than Maouche and should start before he does again.  I suspect the whispers about team selection favour Maouche so would not be surprised to see him allowed to fail again.

13 hours ago, latics22 said:

There goes tomorrow wages !

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s another cup we’re out of☹️

12 hours ago, archiecat said:

Warm in the house,decision to give it a miss totally justified. 

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

Anyone who has gone tonight must be crazy 

?

Mmmmm

1 hour ago, singe said:

Surely the Lancashire Cup and Div 3 (N) Trophy should be classed as Reserve competitions? 

Technically, since the introduction of B teams, so is the Checkatrade. Which is why suspensions from it don't carry over to first team games etc.