Stevenage (a)

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

It is as clear as mud. He has been here for nigh on 2 seasons and under 3 managers. None so far has managed to get a tune out of him, one good game this year against Bradford boys does not a player make.

Time to do a Menig and recognise he is just not good enough.

He was the best player on the pitch on Saturday...

11 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Struggling to think of a good manager who stands statuesque on the side-lines..

Personal choice, but I prefer it when a manager is animated and kicking every ball.  Shows passion and shows they are engaged in the game.  Offering encouragement and instruction as the game changes can only be a good thing, surely?   Especially when supposedly the manager "doesn't really know what to expect from the division"..

I dont think their are too many who stand statuesque your right.

However its one of those owtbisms that people go on about the other being what a manager says in a press conference.

The only thing we should worry about isthe results everythingelse is just noise.

Knowone cares how animated the manager is on the touchline if we win or even what they say in the press conference as long as its not I quit the fans blow goats.

Our results this last month have been dissapointing. If you look at it I doubt Bunns touchline behaviour has changed much.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I dont think their are too many who stand statuesque your right.

However its one of those owtbisms that people go on about the other being what a manager says in a press conference.

The only thing we should worry about isthe results everythingelse is just noise.

Knowone cares how animated the manager is on the touchline if we win or even what they say in the press conference as long as its not I quit the fans blow goats.

Our results this last month have been dissapointing. If you look at it I doubt Bunns touchline behaviour has changed much.

Yeah, I agree about press conferences.  The importance of them only came into play when Sky came in and ruined everything.

The statuesque manager owtbism is an over-hang from the Penney season.

Probably not an exact science but, off the top of my head, there does seem a bit of a correlation between the energy demonstrated by the manager on the sideline and the success of the team on the pitch.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:33 AM, Dave_Og said:

I got a six fold accumulator up that day including that result. Paid about a grand to a tenner. 

I had £50 on Latics win and both to score and £100 on Latics win Baxter to score anytime. Was excited about the new season and cash burning holes in my pocket!

I was watching Bunn because before the match I was accosted by someone in the pub before the cup game who sits behind him.  He said that he stands their staring into space whilst Andy used to watch what was going on.  He cited the stupid foul by Clarke against Port Vale as an example because of a delayed reaction from Bunn as if he was just following what Andy was doing.

So what would he do with no Andy and in particular what did he do whilst the under 21 side gave us a lesson in football the first half.  Well the truth is not much.  I don't think he is just staring into space I just think he is one of those people whose head tilts backwards (he is pulling down but that is another matter) but I do think when your team is performing so badly a little bit of animation is called for otherwise one might think he can't be bothered.

8 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I was watching Bunn because before the match I was accosted by someone in the pub before the cup game who sits behind him.  He said that he stands their staring into space whilst Andy used to watch what was going on.  He cited the stupid foul by Clarke against Port Vale as an example because of a delayed reaction from Bunn as if he was just following what Andy was doing.

So what would he do with no Andy and in particular what did he do whilst the under 21 side gave us a lesson in football the first half.  Well the truth is not much.  I don't think he is just staring into space I just think he is one of those people whose head tilts backwards (he is pulling down but that is another matter) but I do think when your team is performing so badly a little bit of animation is called for otherwise one might think he can't be bothered.

And yet he spotted what was wrong and sorted it out at half time. 

25 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Think you and your pal (plus many others ) may be overthinking here. 

Sit down behave yourselves and watch the bleeding match ??

On 10/31/2018 at 9:25 PM, Wardie said:

Medium

Must be a fake! :D

He's training to be an opera singer. Personally, I'm not too bothered about how he is on the touchline as long as he starts getting results.

Mind you, I'd hate to see him going all Penny-esque. I recall that donut at Yeovil stood staring at the open terrace when we were at the other end attacking their box.

Not often you see attacking and Penney in the same sentence.

Edited by Bristolatic
Afterthought

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Benteke and Miller up front tomorrow. Gardner and Missilou centre mid - Lang and Nepo out wide. Hunt in at left back...

Iversen, Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke, Hunt, Nepomuceno, Missilou, Gardner, Lang, Miller, Benteke.

I wonder if we’ll see Miller move out wide and Lang push through the middle?