Sorry but Bunn out!

Bunn has the respect of the players. What if Abdallah replaces him with some loon who doesn’t command the same levels of respect and we go on an even worse run of results? Frank is steady and we won’t go down with him at the helm.

We’ve everything to lose. I’m no fan of Bunn’s tactics but we should wait till safety is confirmed before getting rid imo - this season is already a write-off in terms of a promotion challenge.

Edited by Ryan

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bunn has the respect of the players. What if Abdallah replaces him with some loon who doesn’t command the same levels of respect and we go on an even worse run of results? Frank is steady and we won’t go down with him at the helm.

We’ve everything to lose. I’m no fan of Bunn’s tactics but we should wait till safety is confirmed before getting rid imo - this season is already a write-off in terms of a promotion challenge.

That ‘respect’ has got us to 17th position in league two... maybe the players are walking all over him... put that with his absolute nonsense tactics and it’s a recipe for disaster.

Lets just assume their is any mileage in the Gary Bowyer rumour personally Id be happy for us to make that change. But he has to be given time amd space to make his own decisions bring his own assistant in and veto any players signings otherwise whats the point of bringing someone like that in. Whats the point of even apointing a manager Lemsagam may aswell do it himself. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

Me thinks it is the owner that is the problem. He isn’t going to give any manager the space to put this right. We might survive the drop but we are in for another torrid time whoever is in charge. The only answer is a change of ownership 

But what sort of person rich enough to buy us is going to buy a football club only going one way, without any other benefits like land, or even owning its own ground/stands. 

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

“Steady”. 

1 win in 8 league games. 

4 defeats in those 8.

6 points from 24. 

Wake up. 

Edited by kowenicki

3 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Me thinks it is the owner that is the problem. He isn’t going to give any manager the space to put this right. We might survive the drop but we are in for another torrid time whoever is in charge. The only answer is a change of ownership 

Change the owner, just like that.... easy. 

This is lazy. Bunn is poor. 

What most are saying on here is hard to argue against. However we can change the manager... but not the owner.... not easily anyway. 

All im saying is roll the dice and we may get lucky. 

Bunn can't get the best out what we have, and whilst not brilliant our squad is miles better than 17th in league 2.

Whilst I think AL is a knob, the performances Bunn has got from what he has available is not acceptable. 

He'd get sacked at any club based on what he serves up on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Last season, after Wellens' bright start, AL gave him the tools and the time to keep us up and Wellens failed.

AL's biggest mistake, this season, was listening to Barry and employing Bunn.

Bunn knew what he was getting himself into and how much budget he had available.

He has to go and now so as to give the new guy a chance.

21 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Last season, after Wellens' bright start, AL gave him the tools and the time to keep us up and Wellens failed.

AL's biggest mistake, this season, was listening to Barry and employing Bunn.

Bunn knew what he was getting himself into and how much budget he had available.

He has to go and now so as to give the new guy a chance.

Some would say AL's biggest mistake was asking Barry to be involved full stop. 

I would give Bunn a little longer say 3 games and if no improvement then decide. I'll be going to Nottingham on Tuesday but not hopeful if it's anything like that  Tuesday away game v Mansfield where we stole a point 

I'm a bit torn now. I said the other week I wouldn't be bothered if he went. 

Now I'm thinking does it matter who is in charge. The players like him. Will they automatically become better under someone else? No. We may have different tactics but still the same players until January at least.

AL has a tough job as well. Is he doing it well? Doesn't appear so. Not much chance of changing owner either.

I'm at a loss as to what will make us better under the current circumstances. 

5 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

No. We may have different tactics but still the same players until January at least.

Go back to last season, Wellens got the same squad to play exciting football for a few games. The squad that Sheridan failed with and couldn't motivate.

We are not in a unique situation. Clubs have gone through this before and come out successfully. 

2 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

Go back to last season, Wellens got the same squad to play exciting football for a few games. The squad that Sheridan failed with and couldn't motivate.

We are not in a unique situation. Clubs have gone through this before and come out successfully. 

This current squad of players is never going to be successful, that seems harsh but its where we’re at..We lack any quality, we have no desire or fight, we have a team of yes men who will now not question anything that management says or does which has now made us devoid of having any leaders (Clarke the one exception but his best years are well behind him) or characters.

If we keep Bunn we will be celebrating just staying up in league 2, we have become an embarassment and a soft touch for any visiting team when we play a slow oldman up top on his own..

Im bored of the circus now and its not just this season when we have all kept the faith, this has been going on for years..

One or two of this squad are here because of Bunn, Miller for example may see his arse. Not sure he is the most stable at the best of times but the others wont be too arsed. Some may be glad if he goes, Mr Baxter for example. May be time for a change if the owner has someone lined up. Either way if we lose in the cup he is gone.

Not into stats but Bunn must be up there in terms of half time subs. Never known a manager use them as often. Tells me he either cannot initially motivate a side or he has not idea on the correct line up (or both!).

7 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

This current squad of players is never going to be successful, that seems harsh but its where we’re at..We lack any quality, we have no desire or fight, we have a team of yes men who will now not question anything that management says or does which has now made us devoid of having any leaders (Clarke the one exception but his best years are well behind him) or characters.

If we keep Bunn we will be celebrating just staying up in league 2, we have become an embarassment and a soft touch for any visiting team when we play a slow oldman up top on his own..

Im bored of the circus now and its not just this season when we have all kept the faith, this has been going on for years..

So I take it that you didn’t go yesterday? Whereas I agree that quality is in short supply, there was desire and fight at Stevenage. And where you get your ‘team of yes men’ from only you can say. 

In patches we played very well yesterday, but we continue to miss too many opportunities and defensively we are short of experience. Whatever happens with Bunn, we will be stuck with the majority of the current squad. Would a new manager get them playing better? Possibly. 

As for this going on for years, the vocal lads yesterday gave an amusing but telling rendition of ‘Premier League and we f**@#d it up!’ that continued down through the leagues ending with ‘League 2 and we’re f**@ing’ it up!’ ?

Well we have staggered through to our usual 17th position without sacking the manager before November,just the Assistant this time. Word gets around in football about how intolerable it is behind the scenes at Boundary Park and no self respecting manager would apply for the job.Needless to say someone will be desperate to get back in. 

AL has sacked most of the players with any fight,spirit to challenge the status quo and high end wage. We are left with a mix of players some off the scrap heap, some trying to get a foothold in English football others starting their first team careers and then the loanees. Don't think that we will get to January and be able to reshape the squad. There is no money even to pay the wages consistently on time, only the desperate will come to join a desperate manager.

We may survive in this division this season but the long term outlook with AL in charge looks bleak.

2 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Well we have staggered through to our usual 17th position without sacking the manager before November,just the Assistant this time. Word gets around in football about how intolerable it is behind the scenes at Boundary Park and no self respecting manager would apply for the job.Needless to say someone will be desperate to get back in. 

AL has sacked most of the players with any fight,spirit to challenge the status quo and high end wage. We are left with a mix of players some off the scrap heap, some trying to get a foothold in English football others starting their first team careers and then the loanees. Don't think that we will get to January and be able to reshape the squad. There is no money even to pay the wages consistently on time, only the desperate will come to join a desperate manager.

We may survive in this division this season but the long term outlook with AL in charge looks bleak.

That is rubbish.

There are always managers available and not all are "desperate", as you put it. 

There are 92 jobs available. How many unemployed managers are "resting"? They won't look at what's going on behind the scenes but simply getting paid in the short term and hopefully, if they make a difference, go medium term.