Sorry but Bunn out!

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

So I take it that you didn’t go yesterday? Whereas I agree that quality is in short supply, there was desire and fight at Stevenage. And where you get your ‘team of yes men’ from only you can say. 

In patches we played very well yesterday, but we continue to miss too many opportunities and defensively we are short of experience. Whatever happens with Bunn, we will be stuck with the majority of the current squad. Would a new manager get them playing better? Possibly. 

As for this going on for years, the vocal lads yesterday gave an amusing but telling rendition of ‘Premier League and we f**@#d it up!’ that continued down through the leagues ending with ‘League 2 and we’re f**@ing’ it up!’ ?

No i didnt go yesterday and so i can only comment on what i have witnessed myself this season, in 35 years of supporting the latics this has to be the most downbeat ive ever felt as a fan and I’m hoping things get changed sooner rather than later..

It has come to the point sadly where it has now become a chore to get in my car and travel the 60 miles to watch a home game and the shite that is being served up week in and week out...Sorry to sound so grumpy but unless we get rid of clueless frank and we find an owner who is actually a fan or at least understands what running a club entails then we are only going one way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Londonboy said:

What most are saying on here is hard to argue against. However we can change the manager... but not the owner.... not easily anyway. 

All im saying is roll the dice and we may get lucky. 

I think Bunn should go because, by sacking Rhodes, AL made his position untenable.  He's done himself no favours with the style of play, I could understand it for the first 10 games to get us settled but it really doesn't look like he can kick us on any further than that, regardless of the off field problems.

But I disagree that we should sack him as a roll of the dice.  There's enough uncertainty around the club as it is that another roll of the dice is way more likely to have disastrous consequences than positive ones.  As bad as things are, things could get a lot worse if we make the wrong decisions in the near future.

7 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I think Bunn should go because, by sacking Rhodes, AL made his position untenable.  He's done himself no favours with the style of play, I could understand it for the first 10 games to get us settled but it really doesn't look like he can kick us on any further than that, regardless of the off field problems.

But I disagree that we should sack him as a roll of the dice.  There's enough uncertainty around the club as it is that another roll of the dice is way more likely to have disastrous consequences than positive ones.  As bad as things are, things could get a lot worse if we make the wrong decisions in the near future.

You can't use yesterday's game as a valid reason to sack him based on the style of play.  He played two up front, we played very much on the front foot, we had clear cut chances to score at least three more...and then it all fell apart.  I've only seen three games during which we have scored eight so although I know I was lucky to miss Mansfield, and many others I can't see that this boring tag is entirely fair.

Edited by Dave_Og

37 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

We’ve been making the wrong decisions for over 20 years!!

1 hour ago, fleetwood Blue said:

It has come to the point sadly where it has now become a chore to get in my car and travel the 60 miles to watch a home game and the shite that is being served up week in and week out...

I’ll see your 60 and raise you an additional 130 ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, L1onheartNew said:

I would be willing to endure that.

I have no dislike for Clarke but it is groundhog day yet again,the club needs an experienced manager.

This place is at the moment  possibly the worst on earth to cut your managerial teeth, we have been down the rookie road endless times already and that was without a maniacal owner. 

Are people really willing to risk another cheap option with no experience just for the sake of getting Bunn out?

One bad run of games over the Christmas period due to this gamble and it’s Bromley and Borehamwood away next season.

53 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Alan Nixon

OLDHAM. Peter Clarke will get the first call if Frankie Bunn goes at any point.

He was offered it the day we sacked Wellens and turned it down. That was from the horses mouth. The only reason I would imagine he has changed his mind is cos he's realised he's finished as a footballer...

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He was offered it the day we sacked Wellens and turned it down. That was from the horses mouth. The only reason I would imagine he has changed his mind is cos he's realised he's finished as a footballer...

Sheridan turned it down at least three times before he finally took it

We’re just going from one train wreck to the next. Under normal circumstances Peter Clarke could turn out to be a good choice but these are not normal circumstances.... FFS how many more  times are we going to go down this route!!!

37 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Legs had gone last season imho Lee surprised he has played this year. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Alan Nixon

OLDHAM. Peter Clarke will get the first call if Frankie Bunn goes at any point.

Clarke has the makings of being a good manager in the future, but he would be completely the wrong choice to replace Bunn at this stage.

I thought sacking Wellens and appointing Bunn was the right call, but sacking Bunn replacing him with a different first time coach/manager 3 months into the season would make it a pointless decision.

A change now would have to be an obviously positive one.  Clarke wouldn't be that.