Sorry but Bunn out!

21 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Been out of management for a few years and has managed at the top..Do you not think he has enough experience or good enough for us?

Theirs experience and then their is being yesterdays man. I imagine hes quite happy with his feet up retired and wouldnt want to join our twat factory

Whatever happens Im 100% confident Abdullah will make the wrong decision like hes been doing for the last 12 months

57 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Been out of management for a few years and has managed at the top..Do you not think he has enough experience or good enough for us?

He last managed six years ago and was desperate enough to go to Cyprus for a job.  Long since rumoured to like a drink or twelve.  That's just a name out of a hat.

Edited by Dave_Og

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He last managed six years ago and was desperate enough to go to Cyprus for a job.  Long since rumoured to like a drink or twelve.  That's just a name out of a hat.

Wanted to get back into it this season, applied for the ipswich job with Terry Butcher as assistant...

I just want experience, how many novices to the management role do we have to endure before we realise its not gonna work..

1 minute ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Wanted to get back into it this season, applied for the ipswich job with Terry Butcher as assistant...

I just want experience, how many novices to the management role do we have to endure before we realise its not gonna work..

If we are going for an Ipswich legend I'd rather have Bobby Robson

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Errrr ...... don’t know how to approach this ....... but I’ve got some dreadful news for you ......

Robsons not interested

Is he bothered about the must look animated on the touchline clause?

20 hours ago, kowenicki said:

“Steady”. 

1 win in 8 league games. 

4 defeats in those 8.

6 points from 24. 

Wake up. 

Although I believe in allowing for revision of a standpoint, the rate at which you do is worthy of highlight and question so let me just put this to you:

"Whilst I’m not exactly leaping around at the appointment.... give the guy a fucking chance!  Jesus."

Indeed, that is one of your many contributions to this forum in the days after the appointment of Bunn. Ultimately it is for you to decide your own definition of giving somebody a chance, a fair crack of the whip, and clearly you're happy to ask for drastic change after a eight-game run - or 16 league games in total - which you're entitled to do. However, I submit that with your impulsive reactions and record of altering your opinion you are very much part of the problem. You're not alone, of course; this forum is full of similar types and they, too, help contribute to our unstable position.

There are too few examples to be offered that can justify the sacking of a manager after 16 league games and only to find themselves in a healthier position come the end of that season once a replacement has been sourced, nor has Bunn, who you might recall I raised immediate doubts about, been given ample chance to improve a club clearly destined for more years of struggle. A summary of the problems:

1. We appointed Bunn in the close-season when more preferable names were available

2. The running of the club has deteriorated to such an extent that I struggle to name a possible candidate who would take the job

3. Money is tight - if not non-existent. The weekly envelope has not been guaranteed for several years

Ordinarily I would expect a newly-relegated club to aim for an immediate return to the division they dropped out of, but who can articulate a case for this? When you evaluate the state in which we are, I believe you are left solely with hope. Bunn lacks a lot, but I am not nervous or fearing a season over which we are consistently in the bottom six or seven. As others have stated, he does have the players' respect and that should see us right come May. Not exciting, not something to cheer about, but it is the best case to be made.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Although I believe in allowing for revision of a standpoint, the rate at which you do is worthy of highlight and question so let me just put this to you:

"Whilst I’m not exactly leaping around at the appointment.... give the guy a fucking chance!  Jesus."

Indeed, that is one of your many contributions to this forum in the days after the appointment of Bunn. Ultimately it is for you to decide your own definition of giving somebody a chance, a fair crack of the whip, and clearly you're happy to ask for drastic change after a eight-game run - or 16 league games in total - which you're entitled to do. However, I submit that with your impulsive reactions and record of altering your opinion you are very much part of the problem. You're not alone, of course; this forum is full of similar types and they, too, help contribute to our unstable position.

There are too few examples to be offered that can justify the sacking of a manager after 16 league games and only to find themselves in a healthier position come the end of that season once a replacement has been sourced, nor has Bunn, who you might recall I raised immediate doubts about, been given ample chance to improve a club clearly destined for more years of struggle. A summary of the problems:

1. We appointed Bunn in the close-season when more preferable names were available

2. The running of the club has deteriorated to such an extent that I struggle to name a possible candidate who would take the job

3. Money is tight - if not non-existent. The weekly envelope has not been guaranteed for several years

Ordinarily I would expect a newly-relegated club to aim for an immediate return to the division they dropped out of, but who can articulate a case for this? When you evaluate the state in which we are, I believe you are left solely with hope. Bunn lacks a lot, but I am not nervous or fearing a season over which we are consistently in the bottom six or seven. As others have stated, he does have the players' respect and that should see us right come May. Not exciting, not something to cheer about, but it is the best case to be made.

Post of the weekend 

6 hours ago, UpTheLatics said:

Impulsive? In my view people have given him a chance...16 games does indeed represent giving him a chance... its a third of a season.  Not impulsive. 

Having said that, I reserve the right to change my mind again.  If we win three or four on the bounce I’ll be all... “Bunn in!”  ?.  Football fans are fickle. So what? 

I’m sure you have been impulsive in your life (I would certainly hope so).  I’m not going to try and trawl through the forum to prove you have done so here, that would be pointless and childish. 

It’s only football. I’m not changing my mind over anything important.  

Oh and plenty of appropriate candidates would apply and take the job... very naive to think otherwise.  The question is not who would apply, but who would be appointed. 

Edited by kowenicki

12 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Impulsive? In my view people have given him a chance...16 games does indeed represent giving him a chance... its a third of a season.  Not impulsive. 

Having said that, I reserve the right to change my mind again.  If we win three or four on the bounce I’ll be all... “Bunn in!”  ?.  Football fans are fickle. So what? 

I’m sure you have been impulsive in your life (I would certainly hope so).  I’m not going to try and trawl through the forum to prove you have done so here, that would be pointless and childish. 

Oh and plenty of appropriate candidates would apply and take the job... very naive to think otherwise.  The question is not who would apply, but who would be appointed. 

This is exactly why I’m so defensive of Bunn. I’m not sure I trust Abdallah to make the right decision on this one.

Just now, Ryan said:

This is exactly why I’m so defensive of Bunn. I’m not sure I trust Abdallah to make the right decision on this one.

Like I said, that is a different issue. But there absolutely WILL be lots of appropriate applicants. 

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

A third of a season ?

If only we’d sacked Royle when he took us from 7th in his first season to 19th in his second. We could have avoided the inconvenience of a League Cup final, 4 FA Cup semi final games and winning the second division in the last minute of the season and been where we are now years ago.