Sorry but Bunn out!

2 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

A third of a season ?

If only we’d sacked Royle when he took us from 7th in his first season to 19th in his second. We could have avoided the inconvenience of a League Cup final, 4 FA Cup semi final games and winning the second division in the last minute of the season and been where we are now years ago.

Royle didn't have 20 years coaching experience behind him.

24 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

A third of a season ?

If only we’d sacked Royle when he took us from 7th in his first season to 19th in his second. We could have avoided the inconvenience of a League Cup final, 4 FA Cup semi final games and winning the second division in the last minute of the season and been where we are now years ago.

Good point.  Let’s never sack a manager again until he gets it right.  If he never does then so be it.  

(The contra is also true,  we should have sacked a few managers sooner!)

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Good point.  Let’s never sack a manager again until he gets it right.  If he never does then so be it.  

You almost got the point there for a change. A third of a season is not enough. I’d like to be pointed in the direction of a club that’s successful pursuing a policy of sacking managers every 16 games. Conversely there are loads of examples of clubs being successful with low managerial turnover. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

You almost got the point there for a change. A third of a season is not enough. I’d like to be pointed in the direction of a club that’s successful pursuing a policy of sacking managers every 16 games. Conversely there are loads of examples of clubs being successful with low managerial turnover. 

13 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

If you have 5 managers in 20 years but they're all garbage you're not going to get anywhere.

Last season as I said a few times we persevered with Wellens for far too long and got relegated. 

Think the general consensus was if he was binned with 5 or 6 games left, we probably would have got the points needed to have stayed up with the squad we had.

Bunns record, particularly of late is utter crap and any other chairman in our position would have sacked him by now.

Yes the club in general is a fucking mess at the moment, but we have to at least try to move forward.

Yes we don't have the same level of player as last year, but the players we do have are better than 17th in League 2. 

And yes the players say they respect him etc, but it's just not visible on the pitch at the moment.

I've seen us at Forest Green (who were the best of the bunch), Yeovil, Swindon, Northampton, and Stevenage, and the general performances, of both players and the manager have been dire. Stevenage was OK in parts but horse shit in others.

Lose tomorrow and its 5 losses out of 6 going into what's become our biggest game financially of the season....and one which may get us through the season at least.

The question is how long do we wait before trying something or someone new? 

Last season as I said a few times we persevered with Wellens for far too long and got relegated. 

Think the general consensus was if he was binned with 5 or 6 games left, we probably would have got the points needed to have stayed up with the squad we had.

Bunns record, particularly of late is utter crap and any other chairman in our position would have sacked him by now.

Yes the club in general is a fucking mess at the moment, but we have to at least try to move forward.

Yes we don't have the same level of player as last year, but the players we do have are better than 17th in League 2. 

And yes the players say they respect him etc, but it's just not visible on the pitch at the moment.

I've seen us at Forest Green (who were the best of the bunch), Yeovil, Swindon, Northampton, and Stevenage, and the general performances, of both players and the manager have been dire. Stevenage was OK in parts but horse shit in others.

Lose tomorrow and its 5 losses out of 6 going into what's become our biggest game financially of the season....and one which may get us through the season at least.

The question is how long do we wait before trying something or someone new? 

20 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

If you have 5 managers in 20 years but they're all garbage you're not going to get anywhere.

Indeed but at least you’ll have given them a chance. Many people wanted Royle gone after the 83/4 season, within a few years those same people were begging him to stay when City came calling. Kowenicki is right about one thing, the fickleness of fans. It was ever thus but I stand by my assertion that changing your manager every 5 minutes doesn’t work. People on here are bemoaning the fact that we’re 30 places or whatever below Accrington without asking why that might be. 

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

A third of a season ?

Nothing like living in the past ?

3 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Indeed but at least you’ll have given them a chance. Many people wanted Royle gone after the 83/4 season, within a few years those same people were begging him to stay when City came calling. Kowenicki is right about one thing, the fickleness of fans. It was ever thus but I stand by my assertion that changing your manager every 5 minutes doesn’t work. People on here are bemoaning the fact that we’re 30 places or whatever below Accrington without asking why that might be. 

I think you can tell when a manager has something about them...

3 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Andy Holt is a better owner than we've had for quite a few years. 

John Coleman is a better manager than we've had since Johnson. 

16 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Tell me what you've seen in bunn to make you want to stick with him.

I’m not saying he’s perfect, the fact is I don’t know whether he’ll be any good or not I’m just asserting that a third of a season isn’t enough to base a decision on. The recent loss of Surridge through “injury” isn’t I suspect Bunn’s fault but coincides with a downturn in form. Short term decision making is rarely beneficial. After Grimsby we were confidently talking promotion in the same way we were talking play offs after Wellens’ first magical month in charge last year. 

Is Bunn the second coming of JR? Doubtful but not impossible. We shouldn’t be damning him as useless after a bad 8 game run just as we shouldn’t have been lauding him after Grimsby.

For any manager to succeed, the owner needs to:

- pay the players and staff on time

- provide the manager with a decent budget

- not create a sacking culture

- not interfere in team selection

- not force #frenchlads on said manager

- make the club attractive by having a "plan" ((C) lookersstandandy)

Until this happens, who the manager is fairly irrelevant in my opinion...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeP said:

For any manager to succeed, the owner needs to:

- pay the players and staff on time

- provide the manager with a decent budget

- not create a sacking culture

- not interfere in team selection

- not force #frenchlads on said manager

- make the club attractive by having a "plan" ((C) lookersstandandy)

Until this happens, who the manager is fairly irrelevant in my opinion...

Whilst all this would be ideal......you still need to have a manager who tactically can get a tune out of his players, and progress the team. Without this all of the above are pretty irrelevant.

Can you honestly say from what you seen so far this season Bunn ticks these boxes? I cannot.

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Whilst all this would be ideal......you still need to have a manager who tactically can get a tune out of his players, and progress the team. Without this all of the above are pretty irrelevant.

Can you honestly say from what you seen so far this season Bunn ticks these boxes? I cannot.

Responsibility comes from the top down.  If the person at the top can't do their job properly, why should we expect the next person down to?

It’s a tough one, I wouldn’t like to be the one making the decision. Time is against us tho, if he was going to sack him he should have done it on Saturday. If we lose tomorrow and sack him, a new manager needs to be found, there is no assistant or anyone who can step up. Monday is extremely vital we win, so the options  are we stick with bunn or sack him Tuesday night. Let’s face it he waited months to sack wellens after he signed Baxter, he could sack him at 7pm Monday ??‍♂️