Sorry but Bunn out!

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I'll answer - we looked like we were going to get something going on the back of decent wins at Grimsby and Morecambe. Yes I know they're both shite but we've become used to losing to such shite over the years. There was a clear

plan away from home to keep it very tight then finish teams off late on and it was working to a great extent. It can again.

He seems to be being dealt a shit hand by Abdallah but doesn't seem to be playing the victim - I like that. I think that's partly down to his age/maturity and his love for the club, partly down to a desire not to fail/let Abdallah grind him down.

He's getting a tune out of Miller who looked an awful signing. 

Surridge back in, who he signed, might well see us back on track quickly. He might find others of similar quality come January. 

Yes, it's all gone to shit of late but, we've already seen more from Bunn than we ever did from, eg Kelly, Robinson, Dunn.... 

He's still only two or three wins away from having us back in with a chance of something again.

That said, I think he needs them quickly to stop AL pulling the trigger...

Last July I informed the club of a player who could be available on loan. This one wasn't taken up. However, he's since hit 16 goals for  his Premiership u23 club. Doubt if we will get him now,  frustrating, but you cant win them all.

Recently informed the club of a terrific young midfielder who could be available on loan in January, We shall see.

Edited by BP1960

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

Responsibility comes from the top down.  If the person at the top can't do their job properly, why should we expect the next person down to?

So the players are below Bunn, by this logic it's his fault they aren't performing.

I've worked for companies where the MD is a massive arsehole but my direct manager has been brilliant. So I perform better. I've worked for companies where the MD has been brilliant but my direct manager has been a bag of shite so I don't perform as well as I could

47 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Last July I informed the club of a player who could be available on loan. This one wasn't taken up. However, he's since hit 16 goals for  his Premiership u23 club. Doubt if we will get him now,  frustrating, but you cant win them all.

Recently informed the club of a terrific young midfielder who could be available on loan in January, We shall see.

Maybe we looked , maybe we didn’t. As he is still with the Premiership club it seems either nobody fancied him or his club didn’t want to loan him out ( or the conditions they wanted attached to his loan were too onerous)

Keep putting names forward though.

52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Out of interest, who do you pass the names to BP ? Manager ? Chairman ? Do you go into the club  ? I picture you writing it out with an inkwell and quill ?

47 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So the players are below Bunn, by this logic it's his fault they aren't performing.

I've worked for companies where the MD is a massive arsehole but my direct manager has been brilliant. So I perform better. I've worked for companies where the MD has been brilliant but my direct manager has been a bag of shite so I don't perform as well as I could

It appears I've not articulated myself properly - my apologies.

My point is that it's the owner's job to provide the manager with the tools he needs to do his job.  The owner's not doing that (in fact he's even making the job more difficult than he needs to..), so how can we expect the manager to his job to the best of his ability when he's working under such restrictions?  Yes, there are probably numerous occasions when Bunn's tactics haven't been the best, but the problem's bigger than that - the restrictions the managerial position has imposed on it makes it almost impossible to do.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Out of interest, who do you pass the names to BP ? Manager ? Chairman ? Do you go into the club  ? I picture you writing it out with an inkwell and quill ?

Darren.kelly@terroristsympathies.ira

22 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Impulsive? In my view people have given him a chance...16 games does indeed represent giving him a chance... its a third of a season.  Not impulsive. 

Having said that, I reserve the right to change my mind again.  If we win three or four on the bounce I’ll be all... “Bunn in!”  ?.  Football fans are fickle. So what? 

I’m sure you have been impulsive in your life (I would certainly hope so).  I’m not going to try and trawl through the forum to prove you have done so here, that would be pointless and childish. 

It’s only football. I’m not changing my mind over anything important.  

Oh and plenty of appropriate candidates would apply and take the job... very naive to think otherwise.  The question is not who would apply, but who would be appointed. 

Putting aside your odd interpretation of what a football supporters' forum on which football supporters contribute ideas and opinions and engage in a bit of back-and-forth is for, I can only conclude that you accept having employed three managers over the course of a single season.

As I have stated, you are very much part of the problem.

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Why are you so argumentative?

That isn’t what he said. He said “why should we expect”.  Pretty clear to me. Unless you are being argumentative.  

If he meant something else and wants to word it better then that would be helpful. 

Oh... and it’s a forum. It exists pretty much solely for people to espouse their opinion and to engender debate and argument. 

Anyhow a clever bloke once said “Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

This is just bliss.

You are all over the bloody shop.

18 minutes ago, UpTheLatics said:

Putting aside your odd interpretation of what a football supporters' forum on which football supporters contribute ideas and opinions and engage in a bit of back-and-forth is for, I can only conclude that you accept having employed three managers over the course of a single season.

As I have stated, you are very much part of the problem.

Yeah. It’s what I hope for every season... obviously.  

Get off your high horse. 

I was very late to the Robinson/wellens out parties.  You’re right... I am part of the problem, as at least one of them should have gone much earlier!

4 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Maybe we looked , maybe we didn’t. As he is still with the Premiership club it seems either nobody fancied him or his club didn’t want to loan him out ( or the conditions they wanted attached to his loan were too onerous)

Keep putting names forward though.

Considered lacking experience Pete I understand as he'd never been out on loan to any club.

• Like 1