We need some Fane

A sign of how bad it is when we're looking forward to one of the least gifted footballers to have worn the shirt in many a year returning to the squad. Albeit his athleticism may be of some use in this godforsaken league we appear to be marooned in for some time to come yet. Shoot me.

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

A sign of how bad it is when we're looking forward to one of the least gifted footballers to have worn the shirt in many a year returning to the squad. Albeit his athleticism may be of some use in this godforsaken league we appear to be marooned on for some time to come yet. Shoot me.

Your not wrong Andy....however as you say he may be useful in this league. I've seen plenty a lot worse than him in some of the sides we have struggled against as well as our own!

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Anyone got any info on Fane's progress from injury?

Be great if he could get back before the Christmas period.

He will be an asset for us in this league when fit and an upgrade on most of what we have.

He was back in (light) training a few weeks ago I think. 

As for the rest LOL. 

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

I've missed those rabbit in the head light moments when he sprints forward and forgets the rest of the team...haha

I think he will do well in this league, hope he can play soon

Do u know , if it was ever gotten to the bottom of why the players weren’t paid on time month before last? Was it a blip a error, lack of funds?

Wondered when this would raise its ugly head again.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

A sign of how bad it is when we're looking forward to one of the least gifted footballers to have worn the shirt in many a year returning to the squad. Albeit his athleticism may be of some use in this godforsaken league we appear to be marooned in for some time to come yet. Shoot me.

Folks agreeing with this post but then saying he would still be an asset. 

Remember he cannot pass, cannot head a ball, cannot make a pass, does not tackle that well but he is tall and runs around a lot.

Laughable.

55 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Wondered when this would raise its ugly head again.

Folks agreeing with this post but then saying he would still be an asset. 

Remember he cannot pass, cannot head a ball, cannot make a pass, does not tackle that well but he is tall and runs around a lot.

Laughable.

I think he tackles very well. It just doesn't look right. Considering he'll do 2 people's running he's a good asset, especially at this level. But he can't shoot or head. That's proven beyond reasonable doubt. Passing was improving but he's never spraying a 30 yard cross field ball

6 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I think he tackles very well. It just doesn't look right. Considering he'll do 2 people's running he's a good asset, especially at this level. But he can't shoot or head. That's proven beyond reasonable doubt. Passing was improving but he's never spraying a 30 yard cross field ball

That's a typical Latics fan reply-we like a trier/runner despite him being rubbish.

22 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

That's a typical Latics fan reply-we like a trier/runner despite him being rubbish.

He's good at what his job is. Do 2 people's running, tracking and tackling to allow others to get forward. Its been pointed out no other bugger wins the ball back. I do love a trier though. He's my favourite player, it's like rooting for the underdog 

3 hours ago, latics22 said:

Do u know , if it was ever gotten to the bottom of why the players weren’t paid on time month before last? Was it a blip a error, lack of funds?

I'm struggling to see where this fits into a Fane thread. Is it me?

Edited by Bristolatic

9 hours ago, underdog said:

Bit of everything, but its past we move on

Open and transparent or brush it under the carpet then?

It's okay moving on if it's unlikely to happen again but the problem is we've been told to move on before and look to the future only to see the same stupid mistakes railroad any positivity and feel good factor created.