Surridge?

11 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We won’t get the best out of Surridge or Lang while he keeps playing them together with COG up top. They end up drifting wide and out of the game. Both are strikers and need to play more centrally. In a front two pairing (one with COG/Miller and the other a sub). I had thought Bunn had recognised this. But both this & playing his strongest team (available) in that nonsense trophy when we’ve got Bury up next, are some of the reasons Bunn is showing he just isn’t learning from his mistakes. 

Their is a case to say that Surridge's best form this season has come when he's had COG up alongside him. I think we should atleast give the Lang Surridge partnership a go at some point but Lang can be effective wide where he can take people on too.

As for Surridge I don't we need to worry just yet and I think its important that he doesn't worry too much either its often the death of a striker to worry too much when they get a chance. just tell him to keep getting in positions to miss even if he goes a few more games where he misses a few more sitters just keep getting in there and 1 will drop for him and he will find his flow.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their is a case to say that Surridge's best form this season has come when he's had COG up alongside him. I think we should atleast give the Lang Surridge partnership a go at some point but Lang can be effective wide where he can take people on too.

As for Surridge I don't we need to worry just yet and I think its important that he doesn't worry too much either its often the death of a striker to worry too much when they get a chance. just tell him to keep getting in positions to miss even if he goes a few more games where he misses a few more sitters just keep getting in there and 1 will drop for him and he will find his flow.

Is Surridge still running at people? Not been for a while, going sat. If he is still running at people from just outside the box, goals will come! 

Needs one to hit him and bobble in or an instinctive finish with no time to think to get him back on track.

At Crewe, he got in the right positions but crept offside a couple of times when he didn't need to as he was quicker than the defenders. Just strikes me as trying a little too hard at the moment as opposed to playing naturally. Probably the goal 'drought' that is bothering him but he's definitely not the first and certainly won't be the last latics striker to hit 0 in 6.....

14 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

We won’t get the best out of Surridge or Lang while he keeps playing them together with COG up top. They end up drifting wide and out of the game. Both are strikers and need to play more centrally. In a front two pairing (one with COG/Miller and the other a sub). I had thought Bunn had recognised this. But both this & playing his strongest team (available) in that nonsense trophy when we’ve got Bury up next, are some of the reasons Bunn is showing he just isn’t learning from his mistakes. 

Jeez!....you’re such an expert...who needs a manager when we’ve got you eh!

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

It’ll be reet, Peter Clarke will rise like a salmon to meet a 93rd minute corner to score the winner in front of the Chaddy Road end with arms & legs everywhere. Alright perhaps not, but I think we’ll win. 

Odds on Peter Clarke to score last and Oldham win 3-2 are 1000/1.

Known worse odds for successful bets.

*Please Gamble Responsibly*

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d rather he left and we got our own player in. 

Cant keep relying on loan players.  Particularly injury prone ones. 

Agree in principle but sadly principles don't win football matches.  In the modern era I doubt whether any lower division club has had much success without loanees

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Agree in principle but sadly principles don't win football matches.  In the modern era I doubt whether any lower division club has had much success without loanees

I agree with that, but I think in certain positions relying almost entirely on a loan player is dangerous and counter productive.  I’d rather a more experienced loan player alongside a younger home grown player. Not the other way around. Much harder to achieve of course. You are effectively looking for an out of favour higher league player or one on the way down. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

I agree with that, but I think in certain positions relying almost entirely on a loan player is dangerous and counter productive.  I’d rather a more experienced loan player alongside a younger home grown player. Not the other way around. Much harder to achieve of course. You are effectively looking for an out of favour higher league player or one on the way down. 

We've tried' em all! :)

Windass and Ormerod were examples of the latter