Surridge?

14 hours ago, latics22 said:

His injury was nothing to do with home sickness, why would he have come back if that was the case. He was prob carrying an injury and needed time to recover, he looked absolute class to me. Can see him playing at the highest level including England, pace and amazing balance along with good finishing and determination to drop down to league two and play in a shit storm. A lot of pampered prem players wouldn’t do that! 

And you know this for sure? I was told by someone at the club it was.

Edited by Lags

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, latics22 said:

So why did he come back? If he was really that bad, I’m sure oldham athletic aren’t heartless enough to force him back. I’m not itk just my opinion. 

Maybe because he had signed and that's his job?

Surridge came in to the O2 business suite (fans bar, old sponsors box) after his last home game.

A lot of the players go to the same barbers (in Lees I think) and Surridge had come in for a chat with one of the barbers from there.

Surridge was asked straight up if it was homesickness and he laughed and said no, he was enjoying his football and had a place with his girlfriend up this neck of the woods.

20 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Surridge came in to the O2 business suite (fans bar, old sponsors box) after his last home game.

A lot of the players go to the same barbers (in Lees I think) and Surridge had come in for a chat with one of the barbers from there.

Surridge was asked straight up if it was homesickness and he laughed and said no, he was enjoying his football and had a place with his girlfriend up this neck of the woods.

It wasn't Mad Mick was it?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Maybe he's got another girlfriend in Bournemouth who he misses?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Where did the homesick rumour originate?

55 minutes ago, hinchy said:

Sure he shared a flat with Lang

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

It wasn't Mad Mick was it?

I don't know, I had never met the bloke before. He was a youngish fella mid-twenties that brought him into the bar. Another fan told me that he was the barber they all use, so whether that's the case or not???

3 hours ago, hinchy said:

I don't know, I had never met the bloke before. He was a youngish fella mid-twenties that brought him into the bar. Another fan told me that he was the barber they all use, so whether that's the case or not???

I'm going back to at least the nineties. Mad Mick had a shop around the corner from the red lion. You told him what you wanted then he cut your hair however he felt like. Come to think of it, he was probably the nearest barber for Rick Holden when he lived above Garforths Glass. Could explain a lot.

7 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm going back to at least the nineties. Mad Mick had a shop around the corner from the red lion. You told him what you wanted then he cut your hair however he felt like. Come to think of it, he was probably the nearest barber for Rick Holden when he lived above Garforths Glass. Could explain a lot.

Mad Mick....bluddy hell...now there is a frightening memory. 

You could order a pint of Boddies in the Front House, nip into Mick's for the one haircut he could do safely without removing an ear and get back to the Front before said pint had settled.

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

Mad Mick....bluddy hell...now there is a frightening memory. 

You could order a pint of Boddies in the Front House, nip into Mick's for the one haircut he could do safely without removing an ear and get back to the Front before said pint had settled.

Boddies?  After they closed OB?  Nah.  Served them right that it ended up being brewed in Wales.