Surridge?

Unless Bournemouth are planning to sell him, recalling him seems an odd move to me.  He's guaranteed football here.  His next loan move is rumoured to be Portsmouth, who are top of league one, or Bradford who've started scoring for fun - he may end up spending a lot of time on the bench.

Nothing we can do about it, of course.

10 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

Unless Bournemouth are planning to sell him, recalling him seems an odd move to me.  He's guaranteed football here.  His next loan move is rumoured to be Portsmouth, who are top of league one, or Bradford who've started scoring for fun - he may end up spending a lot of time on the bench.

Nothing we can do about it, of course.

Let's look at it another way you are Eddie Howe you have a promising 20yr old striker scoring pretty regularly in league 2 but you are premier league manager.

Perhaps the logic here is to test him at league 1 level. If he can't get into those sides then he won't make it at Bournemouth so they will look to sell in the summer.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Hardly a whopping leap between the two leagues, poor from Bournemouth if they are the ones who have pushed this although the new contract might have played a part.

Really? I've been astounded at how much sh1tter League Two is compared to League One. I'd spent much of the last decade fooling myself they were similar. I couldn't have been more wrong. League Two is the absolute pits.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Really? I've been astounded at how much sh1tter League Two is compared to League One. I'd spent much of the last decade fooling myself they were similar. I couldn't have been more wrong. League Two is the absolute pits.

Think there is a bit of recency bias involved.

Is four months in the league above really going to make that much difference to the lads development/value? If he had bombed then would they be recalling him?

14 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Karl Robinson.  Good luck Sam.  I'd say we are better than Oxford, I don't think he will be adding many goals to his tally there.

Edited by kowenicki

I guess we’ll never know but I do find it a bit odd if he was “homesick” and pushed for a move elsewhere ....bloody lucky he didn’t go to Uni then!!!!

Personally I believe all loans should be full season only with no recall possible (perhaps an exception for Goalkeepers)

I honestly find it hard to get attached to players who might only be with us for a few months, even when they do as well as Sam has done, good luck to him but, honestly, I don’t really care.

• Like 1