Surridge?

If SS career was to develop (rapidly or unrealistically) to the point where one of the big boys from Manchester or Liverpool cage calling , for example, I wonder if his homesickness would be cured ? Sounds to me like he’s a bit of a softy and maybe chosen the wrong career path ? He has the talent undoubtedly (to be a pro) but has he the mental strength to have a successful career ? I’d be doubtful. 

22 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If SS career was to develop (rapidly or unrealistically) to the point where one of the big boys from Manchester or Liverpool cage calling , for example, I wonder if his homesickness would be cured ? Sounds to me like he’s a bit of a softy and maybe chosen the wrong career path ? He has the talent undoubtedly (to be a pro) but has he the mental strength to have a successful career ? I’d be doubtful. 

Nothing like making a judgement without all the facts. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I heard Bournemouth turned down approaches from Bolton, Rotherham and Sunderland 

Sunderland finished up buying Will Grigg from Wigwam for £4m. Not much difference between them is there, unless they wanted both.

It's not totally inconceivable that  Bournemouth just wanted their player back because of the managerial situation at the club, Howe obviously rates the lad and he has a duty to protect him with a view to the future, I'm sure Howe was on the phone to Bunn for an heads up and there were also rumours he wasn't a great fan of AL coming into the dressing room and I've heard that off more than one person, it's certainly not something he'd be used to at Bournemouth. Whatever has gone on Howe probably think it's best he sees out the remainder of the season with them and given their current league position he might be given some game time if they are safe in mid table going into the last couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I honestly don’t know why anyone cares, Surridge had no interest in us other than to further his career, likewise, I have zero interest in him. 

4 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Why are we bothering with this.  He's gone and not coming back. 

But you both found the need to reply on the Surridge? thread :grin:

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But you both found the need to reply on the Surridge? thread :grin:

Touche 

In fairness I’ve said before how frustrated I am with the loan system, I think they should be season long with no recall....with Surridge or similar we could have been heading for the playoffs and in the FA Cup 5th round, whereas we are heading for our usual position.........unless of course our latest new faces turn out to be any good

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Their player, they can do what they want with him, another four months with us wouldn't make any difference to his career either way.

Agree with your first bit but disagree with your 2nd bit! 

Continued 1st team football each week for a further 4 months rather than sub appearances/youth team football would not only improve him as a player but also make him a much more sellable asset If Bournemouth wanted to shift him in the summer. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's not totally inconceivable that  Bournemouth just wanted their player back because of the managerial situation at the club, Howe obviously rates the lad and he has a duty to protect him with a view to the future, I'm sure Howe was on the phone to Bunn for an heads up and there were also rumours he wasn't a great fan of AL coming into the dressing room and I've heard that off more than one person, it's certainly not something he'd be used to at Bournemouth. Whatever has gone on Howe probably think it's best he sees out the remainder of the season with them and given their current league position he might be given some game time if they are safe in mid table going into the last couple of weeks.

Doubt the management situation would have made much difference if that did play a part then surely he would have gone out on loan to a club that didn't have these problems. He had enough suitors.

As has been said I think the most likely scenario was homesickness.

Edited by GlossopLatic

3 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Agree with your first bit but disagree with your 2nd bit! 

Continued 1st team football each week for a further 4 months rather than sub appearances/youth team football would not only improve him as a player but also make him a much more sellable asset If Bournemouth wanted to shift him in the summer. 

Sounds like Howe likes him and reckon there's a good chance Wilson will move on in summer so you never know, they might see him figuring.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Sounds like Howe likes him and reckon there's a good chance Wilson will move on in summer so you never know, they might see him figuring.

Think he's a long way off Premiership level at present - more likely try to get him at least half  of next season in the Championship. 

His injury was nothing to do with home sickness, why would he have come back if that was the case. He was prob carrying an injury and needed time to recover, he looked absolute class to me. Can see him playing at the highest level including England, pace and amazing balance along with good finishing and determination to drop down to league two and play in a shit storm. A lot of pampered prem players wouldn’t do that! 

30 minutes ago, latics22 said:

His injury was nothing to do with home sickness, why would he have come back if that was the case. He was prob carrying an injury and needed time to recover, he looked absolute class to me. Can see him playing at the highest level including England, pace and amazing balance along with good finishing and determination to drop down to league two and play in a shit storm. A lot of pampered prem players wouldn’t do that! 

I think he has class and could go to the top. Needs to bulk up a bit which he will as he gets older, lets hope he doesn't lose his pace in the process

28 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He's a long way off the likes Rashford, Sterling and Kane.

He'll have a good career but, in my opinion, championship at best. 

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

He was presumably told he was coming to us on loan and hardly gave the impression he wanted to stay 

And as for England, you never know but scoring against league 2 defenders is a long way from that 

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The lad is talented no doubt but after August he had no desire to wear the shirt or represent us. Hence why he ran home after Bradford. Great player but if he doesn't like us then he can stick it...

Didn't look like that at Fulham.

55 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Didn't look like that at Fulham.

True and we wouldn't of gone through without him in much the same way I feel we'd of got something at Doncaster with him, no doubt he picked and choosed when he wanted to perform but he's a million times better than the other shite we've been left with and brought in recently, only hope is that one of the new lads hits the ground running.

Edited by yarddog73

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

True and we wouldn't of gone through without him in much the same way I feel we'd of got something at Doncaster with him, no doubt he picked and choosed when he wanted to perform but he's a million times better than the other shite we've been left with and brought in recently, only hope is that one of the new lads hits the ground running.

I was referring more to his reaction after the game. He looked genuinely upset.