Cambridge (H)

1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

It even happened in the England game I was just thinking how does that happen when they must be practising corners every day. Its been going on for years at Latics.

It's easy to get a corner over the first man but that's not the only objective; if it was then lamping a corner over that goes out of play for a throw in would be considered successful.

They are aiming for a rather more precise spot that that.  It's a bit lie the obsession with shots on target; pointless if the goalkeeper could throw his hat on it to make a save - it's far close to a goal if it misses by six inches withn the keeper nowhere but the stats always suggest differently.

48 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's easy to get a corner over the first man but that's not the only objective; if it was then lamping a corner over that goes out of play for a throw in would be considered successful.

They are aiming for a rather more precise spot that that.  It's a bit lie the obsession with shots on target; pointless if the goalkeeper could throw his hat on it to make a save - it's far close to a goal if it misses by six inches withn the keeper nowhere but the stats always suggest differently.

Yes its one of those conundrums in sport like why do professional golfers miss 2ft putts when they practise so much. All down to pressure  of the competition I guess.

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

Not sure about Maouche yet, but second half on Saturday Lyden looked like a proper player

To be fair there were a few who looked like proper players in the second half on Saturday.

And if you get a minute, have another look at the speed and accuracy of the team interplay (passing and movement) for Lang’s goal - that was proper football. 😀

Edited by TheBigDog

9 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Terrible keeping for third goal. Fair play, if you don't shoot, you don't score, but their keeper should be exiled to the reserves for the next month. 

Nah. It was struck with power and was moving away from the keeper. If anything he did well to get a hand on it.

Why did we come out to the Chaddy end of the ground? The sun wasn't in their goalies eyes.

Where was the commentator in the extended highlights? He reckoned there was driving rain in the 2nd. half. I didn't see any rain, did anyone else?

39 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Why did we come out to the Chaddy end of the ground? The sun wasn't in their goalies eyes.

Where was the commentator in the extended highlights? He reckoned there was driving rain in the 2nd. half. I didn't see any rain, did anyone else?

It was in midfield and defenders eyes though. 

It didnt rain. 

49 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Maybe it wasn’t wet rain ?

6 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Terrible keeping for third goal. Fair play, if you don't shoot, you don't score, but their keeper should be exiled to the reserves for the next month. 

He punched one from about waist height second half when he should have dived a bit and caught it. Looked like he absolutely shit himself because he thought someone was coming in. I'd never play him again if I was their manager.

6 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nah, a professional goalkeeper should be saving that all day long...

My thoughts exactly at the time. The one save Palmer had to make didn't deserve the credit it got either. It was a tame scuffed shot that he palmed back into danger.

15 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Looks like a great goal on camera Lang’s? I didn’t go, was it a mistake 

It was a good strike but I was behind it in the North stand it was very saveable.

Still Lang gets another goal. Id say securing him for the rest of the season should be one of the major priorities in January.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, rosa said:

There's plenty of shit keepers in this division. If you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle. 

Indeed, this has been my view for some time. Not that the players are better in League one, more that the ones in this League are more prone to mistakes, especially defenders and keepers. 

13 hours ago, rosa said:

There's plenty of shit keepers in this division. If you don't buy a ticket you don't win the raffle. 

And on this occasion, the keeper was David Forde, once first choice at Millwall for God knows how long and a regular for Wales IIRC. He's certainly not a novice, but he sure had a mare on Saturday.

Edited by Bristolatic

59 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

And on this occasion, the keeper was David Forde, once first choice at Millwall for God knows how long and a regular for Wales IIRC. He's certainly not a novice, but he sure had a mare on Saturday.

Ireland. He made his Millwall debut in the 4-3 at BP too - loves the place :D