Cambridge (H)

15 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wouldn't we have heard by now if it was gonna be called off...?

I was thinking this the other day. Maybe waiting to see if we win Monday night and if we do we can better take the financial hit? That being said im guessing there is a deadline/minimum amount of time we have to postpone a game so it may already have passed.

6 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

I was thinking this the other day. Maybe waiting to see if we win Monday night and if we do we can better take the financial hit? That being said im guessing there is a deadline/minimum amount of time we have to postpone a game so it may already have passed.

Think the call-up schedule can dictate things. If a player is called up late then the club will still be able to postpone the game if the club meets the threshold. 

14 hours ago, deyres42 said:

If McFarlane is a pro and we don't have three call ups then the match will go ahead 

Would we be able to postpone the game even if he wasn't a pro and we don't have three call ups?

I'd assumed our only options would be to play him, or to get a goalkeeper on an emergency loan.

As a side-note; doesn't look like N. Ireland U21s are playing, so I think our only (eligible) call ups would be Iversen and Nepomuceno. My understanding is that the rule only applies to full international or U21 caps, so Robinson wouldn't count.

24 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Would we be able to postpone the game even if he wasn't a pro and we don't have three call ups?

I'd assumed our only options would be to play him, or to get a goalkeeper on an emergency loan.

As a side-note; doesn't look like N. Ireland U21s are playing, so I think our only (eligible) call ups would be Iversen and Nepomuceno. My understanding is that the rule only applies to full international or U21 caps, so Robinson wouldn't count.

Denmark U21 and Curacao don't play until the following Tuesday, so we might have both of them playing for us anyway...

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Had that lesson from Lincoln last season.

Completely different. Lincoln were (and are..) a club heading in a completely different direction from Latics.  The fact we lost wasn't, in reality, a shock.

Defeat tomorrow would be a shock.  That said, new low points seem to have no bounds at the moment..

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

There's probably nobody left at the club to pass the news on..

There isnt.

Went for Tranmere tickets yesterday morning,ticket office shut,rang bell several times,no response went inside nobody around.We are only customers, fancy not having the ticket office open for those fans that work. This is relatively minor compared with the crap that is going on "behind closed doors" or in this case open doors.The club is a shambles.

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

There isnt.

Went for Tranmere tickets yesterday morning,ticket office shut,rang bell several times,no response went inside nobody around.We are only customers, fancy not having the ticket office open for those fans that work. This is relatively minor compared with the crap that is going on "behind closed doors" or in this case open doors.The club is a shambles.

Hours been the same for a while now I think, hardly surprising that if team aren’t playing we don’t open, can’t see the numbers coming to buy tickets outweighing paying staff   - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2016/december/new-ticket-office-opening-hours/

Edited by adamoafc

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Hours been the same for a while now I think, hardly surprising that if team aren’t playing we don’t open, can’t see the numbers coming to buy tickets outweighing paying staff   - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2016/december/new-ticket-office-opening-hours/

So if you want to find the ticket opening hours on the website you have to find a news story from December 2016 good on you for taking the time to dig that one out.Most customer facing business'have opening hours prominently displayed/linked on the home page. It isn't always about the cost against how many turn up, there is such a thing as customer service. You can take the cost argument to its extreme and perhaps they should open say one day a week,Saturday would be ideal.

26 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

So if you want to find the ticket opening hours on the website you have to find a news story from December 2016 good on you for taking the time to dig that one out.Most customer facing business'have opening hours prominently displayed/linked on the home page. It isn't always about the cost against how many turn up, there is such a thing as customer service. You can take the cost argument to its extreme and perhaps they should open say one day a week,Saturday would be ideal.

It’s on the website Morris very clearly - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/visitors-guide/ 

We are in league 2, how many others are you expecting turning up when the team aren’t at home to collect tickets when it is easy booking tickets online. Stupidity. 

I use my ST to buy for myself and my mates for away games never had an issue. Times are changing, you only have to look at most high streets to see that. Amazon and the likes online taking over. 

30 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

They are open Saturdays, when we have a match. The hours are also here on the website. The club does a hell of a lot wrong at the moment but not being open yesterday isn’t one of them. 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/visitors-guide/

21 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

It’s on the website Morris very clearly - https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/visitors-guide/ 

We are in league 2, how many others are you expecting turning up when the team aren’t at home to collect tickets when it is easy booking tickets online. Stupidity. 

I use my ST to buy for myself and my mates for away games never had an issue. Times are changing, you only have to look at most high streets to see that. Amazon and the likes online taking over. 

Not sure that you can get away game tickets online?

24 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Incidentally Andy I am not stupid! Out of order.

I did exactly the same as laticsmarra. It never crossed my mind that they wouldn't be open, though in retrospect I can see why they might not.

I subsequently hunted through the website and couldn't find the opening hours and never found them so they definitely aren't prominent.

I notice on the link that has been posted that the name of the ground is wrong which would probably have led to me questioning the accuracy even if I had found it.

None of this is a big deal but it was a minor frustration and does reflect the way the club is being run.