Chron Articles

Back in January this year, there was a renewed air of positivity at Boundary Park.

The club had confirmed that Dubai-based Morroccan businessman Abdallah Lemsagam had completed his takeover of Oldham Athletic after a complicated and drawn-out process.

Although Mr Lemsagam is at the helm of the business, Oldham Athletic is ‘owned’ by its supporters - the committed fans who travel every other week to Boundary Park, and beyond, and have Athletic in their blood.

It's strange then, that despite major changes in the business, the removal of key staff and rumours of cash flow problems, Mr Lemsagam has failed to communicate with the local media, or to fans direct.

Yes, we've seen the carefully scripted press-releases, and we've seen the all-too-rare photo opportunities, but there are serious questions to be asked about the current state of the club, and the plans for the future.

We feel it's time Mr Lemsagam faced the media and came clean about Oldham Athletic.

Linky

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Literally old news rehashed. Nowt we don’t already know or have heard months ago. 

The Chron, publishing three articles on the bounce regarding Lemsagam and his dealings at the club, does not grab your interest?
I ask again, has the Chron tried to stir the hornets nest like this before?

I think they might know something, too.

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I think the Chron is prodding hoping for a response or they have news of something within the club but are giving them the chance to speak first.

Who knows but its a strange set of articles that says nothing really !!

I think it says the Chron are calling him out.
Whether or not he raises to the bait...

Probably never heard of the ‘ Chron’ and if he’s not told about the column would never know anything about it....even if he did he would probably never read it anyway.

I dont even think he’s remotely interested in the opinions of others!

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Come on. You don’t find it interesting that the local press are happy to rock the boat? You try too hard. 

It is interesting. Let’s see if there is a response.  

I was merely saying there is nothing new. Which there isn’t.  

8 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Probably never heard of the ‘ Chron’ and if he’s not told about the column would never know anything about it....even if he did he would probably never read it anyway.

I dont even think he’s remotely interested in the opinions of others!

I think he will be aware of the Chron and someone will bring it to his attention.
I'm slightly surprised that this has barely been mentioned on Twitter, but it is a Friday night. :D

13 minutes ago, Wardie said:

The Chron, publishing three articles on the bounce regarding Lemsagam and his dealings at the club, does not grab your interest?
I ask again, has the Chron tried to stir the hornets nest like this before?

I think they might know something, too.

Seem to remember before the summer of hell they were starting to become critical of Moore around the time he dumped Alan Hardy

2 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think he will be aware of the Chron and someone will bring it to his attention.
I'm slightly surprised that this has barely been mentioned on Twitter, but it is a Friday night. :D

Friday nights, those were the days, my Friday night consists of watching the Sheffield derby in my man cave with a cup of tea whilst the misses paints her toe nails upstairs, how rock n roll is that !!

Cmon AL give us summat to get excited about.

12 minutes ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Seem to remember before the summer of hell they were starting to become critical of Moore around the time he dumped Alan Hardy

I thought this as well but could not be 100% sure.
Could they be feeding off this forum...no game tomorrow...let's have a go at the owner instead?

57 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Literally old news rehashed. Nowt we don’t already know or have heard months ago. 

Those of us who eat, sleep and shit OAFC online have heard it months ago but anybody who doesn't and still buys a newspaper (not many people anymore I'd imagine) might have been unaware... 

5 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There is though. The local press is murmuring about the owner. That’s quite new.  

This is spot on..... the articles say nothing new to us but there is a motive, agenda or a bit of bait dangling behind then imo.

It's definitely a strange set of articles.

24 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Those of us who eat, sleep and shit OAFC online have heard it months ago but anybody who doesn't and still buys a newspaper (not many people anymore I'd imagine) might have been unaware... 

I’m not in the catchment area... I thought it was online only? 

12 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

This is spot on..... the articles say nothing new to us but there is a motive, agenda or a bit of bait dangling behind then imo.

It's definitely a strange set of articles.

It's the fact that there are three articles...bang-bang-bang...and of the three, the profile on Lemsagam seems the most taunting, to me..."We know who you are. Take the bait".
And then again, I could be way off the mark.

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

It's the fact that there are three articles...bang-bang-bang...and of the three, the profile on Lemsagam seems the most taunting, to me..."We know who you are. Take the bait".
And then again, I could be way off the mark.

Well I agree so that's two of us