Chron Articles

10 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's the fact that there are three articles...bang-bang-bang...and of the three, the profile on Lemsagam seems the most taunting, to me..."We know who you are. Take the bait".
And then again, I could be way off the mark.

You're happy with last 12 months are you?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

You're happy with last 12 mo ths are you?

Eh? What's that got to do with my post??

No, I'm not "happy" and I'm not "unhappy"...I am pragmatic because football is not everything...and to be honest, no matter what Lemsagam does, I can't actually do anything about it, except carry on supporting the team.

I agree with the Chron...call him out.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:49 PM, Wardie said:

Eh? What's that got to do with my post??

No, I'm not "happy" and I'm not "unhappy"...I am pragmatic because football is not everything...and to be honest, no matter what Lemsagam does, I can't actually do anything about it, except carry on supporting the team.

I agree with the Chron...call him out.

Well maybe I read this wrong but you seemed to imply the chron were taunting him unfairly I don't think so.

I disagree with you about fans not being able to change things I think they can sometimes. Granted not all the time Ashleyn

at Newcastle and the Oystens at Blackpool being recent very good examples.

I've been critical of fans for on here for not being patient or lenient enough on players mamagers and owners. I think we have let this owner off the hook more I think we should be kicking off more.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You're happy with last 12 months are you?

Don't think anyone is happy at all, people just have different ways of dealing with things.

Football and latics has meant more to me at times than i should have let it, to the detriment of others.

Just because some of us try to remain positive and hope that something good is about to happen doesn't mean we aren't hurting or angry about our situation.

There are more people to blame than just AL for our position.

I hate that we are where we are but there is nowt I can do.

Let's hope a bit of media pressure may out some info we have been denied.

• Like 1

First of all, regardless of how significant or insignificant it is, fair play to the Chron for putting it up to AL. 

Second, I’m guessing they know no more than most of us. But anyone who has even a passing interest in the club surely has pertinent questions they’d like answered. 

Thirdly, looks to me like the Chron have put the questions to AL, but have been blanked. Hence these articles. 

In the grand scheme of things I think AL has much bigger problems than the Chron inquiring about whether or not he has a pot to piss in, or is more suited to circus ownership. Hence he is blanking them and they are putting out comment saying he’s blanking them. 

Ultimately it’s all just the same as it was before the Chron went beyond basic match reports. They have nothing to lose by having a pop at AL. It’s not like they are getting any stonking exclusives these days that they risk losing by having a go at AL. The Chron knows as much as we do - or less in some cases. 

Again, at least they’re trying. 

But if/when it all comes to a head, don’t expect the Chron to have a hand in it. (No disrespect to Chron intended). 

Lee Sinnott and Mike Keegan on the other hand, I for one am grateful for the information they put forward. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Don't think anyone is happy at all, people just have different ways of dealing with things.

Football and latics has meant more to me at times than i should have let it, to the detriment of others.

Just because some of us try to remain positive and hope that something good is about to happen doesn't mean we aren't hurting or angry about our situation.

There are more people to blame than just AL for our position.

I hate that we are where we are but there is nowt I can do.

Let's hope a bit of media pressure may out some info we have been denied.

See I dont think that as a positive attitude at all I think its defeatist.

Sit there and pray that our spectacularly incompetent owner comes to his senses and runs the club properly.

If you want to see how fans can make a difference go and look at the fans of AFC Wimbledon Im not saying thats the route we have to go down yet but it shows what can happen if fans all get together under a common cause and don't give up.

Edited by GlossopLatic

42 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

See I dont think that is a positive attitude at all I think its defeatist.

Sit there and pray that our spectacularly incompetent owner comes to his senses and runs the club properly.

Wot do you suggest I do then ?

Firstly......I respect your opinion but I can assure you I'm not defeatist, I'm very much the opposite but I've learnt many times that you pick your fights wisely.

Secondly..... as I have said on here in the past, long gone are my day of stressing over football, I love the club and have since around 1976 but there is pretty much nish, nada or feck all I can do about our current state.

I am based almost 3 hours away in the middle of nowhere, I work a demanding shift system and on top of all that I can't get involved in much due to my profession.

There are people past and present in and around the club and game that could maybe do or say something, but there is no point rocking the boat unless you are in a position to act and make positive changes or highlight wrong doings.

We are just fans, I assure you they say we are fantastic, brilliant or whatever but that's it, as far as I see it. 

If you think you can do something to improve our fortunes or highlight the true facts of what has and is happening then my hat of to you. I can't sorry.

Edited by maximus1267

This is a good summary and replicates my view. 

Pretty poor articles but at least it rattles a cage or two I guess?  The only trouble is.. what’s their ‘readership’?  Couple of thousand?   Keegan has liked it so that might help spread it. 

Edited by kowenicki

28 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

noun

noun: press; plural noun: presses; plural noun: the press

Newspapers or journalists viewed collectively.

I know what it means. Its a stretch here though. Niche website more like, their traffic is tiny, even their Facebook page is a ghost town. I just wish the ‘press’ would actually say what they seem to know. Otherwise what is the point of them?

It’s all innuendo and inference from Keegan and the chronicle.  They clearly know something or think they do. So tell us ffs.  I just want to hear it, warts and all.   

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I know what it means. Its a stretch here though. Niche website more like, their traffic is tiny, even their Facebook page is a ghost town. I just wish the ‘press’ would actually say what they seem to know. Otherwise what is the point of them?

It’s all innuendo and inference from Keegan and the chronicle.  They clearly know something or think they do. So tell us ffs.  I just want to hear it, warts and all.   

Sounds like they know summat so..

Are they hoping after the articles the club will open up or can they say nothing in fear of being sued 

13 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Sounds like they know summat so..

Are they hoping after the articles the club will open up or can they say nothing in fear of being sued 

what ever happend to publish and be damned and the power of the fourth estate ?

A successful club is unequivocally the sum of all its parts gelling. I see no evidence of that, so far, under Lemsagam.

Most new owners are novices in running a football club. But generally would have a forward moving business plan, including some on field investment including upgrades of management and players. I see no evidence of that either, so far.

Again, in general terms, one would expect a visible increase in the budget. I see no evidence of that, so far. Indeed, pretty much any player of value or costly to keep were sold/released.

Lemsagam ‘appears’ to be working alone although I do suspect his brother is involved.

We are asked to be patient, and we are. But my business head just can’t fathom out why he bought our club. It is just not stacking up for me at the moment. My natural optimism is slowly being chipped away.

Some fans are already calling for a new owner. What is the name of the person who will be in charge of pulling that golden rabbit out of the hat?

The guy is keeping us afloat and he appears to be a fan – I just hope Lemsagam’s not wearing camouflage.

Edited by mikeroyboy

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Not reading too much into this.

Looks simply as if the Chron have reached out to the club for interviews etc., are getting nothing back/have been told where to go and have got the hump about it.

While it's nothing really sensational, it is a new source that is indicating all is far from well aboard the good ship Latics. 

There's very little fact, speculation or even reassurances from the club that these stories have no foundations..

29 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s looking more and more like a master plan from the 3 amigos, find a risk taking chancer with little money. Encourage to splash cash on players he can’t afford. Religation was prob unseen bonus, we go down the pan. They benefit more than anyone. 

You’ve changed.

15 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well maybe I read this wrong but you seemed to imply the chron were taunting him unfairly I don't think so.

I disagree with you about fans not being able to change things I think they can sometimes. Granted not all the time Ashleynat Newcastle and the Oystens at Blackpool beingbgood examples.

I've been critical of fans for on here for not being patient or lenient enough on players mamagers and owners. I think we have let this owner off the hook more I think we should be kicking off more.

Although we don't know at this point exactly why the Chron has decided to do this right now, I am assuming either they have been monitoring this board or the more likely reason that they have been alerted to something by someone who may be close to the club. Either way, I trust the Chron to have the best intentions for the club and therefore I support them in whatever they are attempting to do, which could be to galvanize the fans into action. Who knows?

I kind of agree with your last statement and I wish I was closer to the club more often than I am, as I am remote from it due to where I work and sometimes feel quite ineffective and slightly out of it, at times. The club has been a part of my family since I was a child, with my daughters as well and before that on my grandfather's side. As much as I would be devastated if anything happened to it, life would have to go on regardless...just a little bit emptier.

I honestly do not think it will come to that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I get your sentiment, Kowenicki and in the past the club has responded to the Zeitgeist [maybe the wrong word] on this forum. Perhaps they will be reading this as we type and perhaps the Chron has cleverly used this forum as a proxy to poke the ribs of the club's owner. Just a thought. :)

1 hour ago, Wardie said:

Although we don't know at this point exactly why the Chron has decided to do this right now, I am assuming either they have been monitoring this board or the more likely reason that they have been alerted to something by someone who may be close to the club. Either way, I trust the Chron to have the best intentions for the club and therefore I support them in whatever they are attempting to do, which could be to galvanize the fans into action. Who knows?

I kind of agree with your last statement and I wish I was closer to the club more often than I am, as I am remote from it due to where I work and sometimes feel quite ineffective and slightly out of it, at times. The club has been a part of my family since I was a child, with my daughters as well and before that on my grandfather's side. As much as I would be devastated if anything happened to it, life would have to go on regardless...just a little bit emptier.

I honestly do not think it will come to that.

Agreed. 

I think they’ll always be a team from Oldham. In what guise or what league I’m not sure anymore. But I certainly think the idea of the club folding and BP becoming bulldozed, just leaving the OEC is remote in the extreme. 

Can you imagine trying to sell space or events at the OEC without the football club. It would be a 6/7 million write off for Blitz. The PR for it would be horrific. 

‘Come and enjoy a Dinner at the OEC this weekend, where you can enjoy views of where the football club used to be.’

Nah

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Meanwhile the silence from the trust is deafening and they are the ones who really should have a handle on proceedings. 

They can only have a handle on it if there are board meetings discussing Plans & the Admin of them. Lemsagam hasn’t got a fkin clue what he’s doing, let alone have the cognition to sit down and discuss it with others.