Chron Articles

1 hour ago, Pietastic said:

Let it go peeps, if you think you can influence the ownership and direction of this club then you are misguided...observe the football and enjoy the game...the cycle of individuals taking out what the fans  have put in is not a new gig x

Agree to a greater degree.

However, the worry now compared to previous years is we have no board - running a multi million pound business. In which other walk of life would you find this? ( and I'm usually the eternal optimist!) And you have you ever seen this turn out successfully?

Edited by staffordlatic
Spelling

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

A buyer would be found, be it before administration or after.

The idea that Blitz and Gazal would be allowed to let the club disappear to enable them to sell their land is just nonsense.

That’s not you what you said. 

You said. 

The authorties would never allow us to go bust. 

Thats very different to administration and a buyer. Which is what I alluded to, and presumes somebody would be willing to buy us. It’s got nothing to with the authorities. 

The football club has got nothing to do with blitz and Gazal, they just happen to own a stand on a football ground. If the football club can’t pay its way, and no buyer can be found it folds. The authorities do not and have never saved a club.  

So again. 

What specifically would the authorities do to stop us from going bust? 

The answer is nothing. 

Edited by League one forever

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s not you what you said. 

You said. 

The authorties would never allow us to go bust. 

Thats very different to administration and a buyer. Which is what I alluded to, and presumes somebody would be willing to buy us. It’s got nothing to with the authorities. 

The football club has got nothing to do with blitz and Gazal, they just happen to own a stand on a football ground. If the football club can’t pay its way, and no buyer can be found it folds. The authorities do not and have never saved a club.  

So again. 

What specifically would the authorities do to stop us from going bust? 

The answer is nothing. 

Think I'm right in saying we still pay contributions to the Premier League pension pot or something along those lines?

So there will be a professional football club playing at Boundary Park in some shape or form for many years to come.

4 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Think I'm right in saying we still pay contributions to the Premier League pension pot or something along those lines?

So there will be a professional football club playing at Boundary Park in some shape or form for many years to come.

?

I think the premier league would just put our 10p back in the pot. 

There will be football at BP in years to come, but it won’t be secured by the authorties. It never is. It will be the unpalatable status quo- the OEC and the football club both need each other. 

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

?

I think the premier league would just put our 10p back in the pot. 

There will be football at BP in years to come, but it won’t be secured by the authorties. It never is. It will be the unpalatable status quo- the OEC and the football club both need each other. 

It never has before (to our knowledge) but with all the money sloshing about at the top these days something would be stitched together if it ever came to it.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:04 AM, deyres42 said:

???

Surely that can't guarantee professional survival?

I would have thought (but admit I'm speculating) that the PL pension scheme, like all others, is covered by the Pension Protection Fund levy. So if we did go bust the PPF would step in and cover OAFC's liabilities, to the best of its ability.

That would help the PL pension scheme, but do absolutely nothing for OAFC's continued existence as a professional football club, surely?

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

???

I would have thought (but admit I'm speculating) that the PL pension scheme, like all others, is covered by the Pension Protection Fund levy. So if we did go bust the PPF would step in and cover OAFC's liabilities, to the best of its ability.

That would help the PL pension scheme, but do absolutely nothing for OAFC's continued existence as a professional football club, surely?

The pension thing is a side issue really.

No professional club would be allowed to go out of business these days, in terms of dropping off the map rather than administration.

15 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

???

It seems like a very bizarre conflation of two unrelated issues to me.  if we donpt pay our bills then sooner or later one of those winding up orders will progress.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The pension thing is a side issue really.

No professional club would be allowed to go out of business these days, in terms of dropping off the map rather than administration.

But  a fair few non league do.

I think admin postpones it. They worst affected sink into non league before oblivion, but I think that is just timing, rather than a deliberate act.

Hereford, Darlington, Chester, Rushden &Diamonds, Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough, Newport County and Aldershot have gone in my lifetime.

22 minutes ago, singe said:

But  a fair few non league do.

I think admin postpones it. They worst affected sink into non league before oblivion, but I think that is just timing, rather than a deliberate act.

Hereford, Darlington, Chester, Rushden &Diamonds, Halifax, Maidstone, Scarborough, Newport County and Aldershot have gone in my lifetime.

All valid but all long before Premier League clubs were getting 90 million plus for TV rights and players were earning 200k a week.

Just now, deyres42 said:

All valid but all long before Premier League clubs were getting 90 million plus for TV rights and players were earning 200k a week.

As we know only too well, that money is not trickling down.

In fact, championship clubs have some of the biggest debt pile.

Losses (in a season) before payer sales elected 2016/17,

Newcastle 59m

Chelsea 53m

Birmingham (2018) 46m

Villa 41m

Derby 23m

Forest 23m

Preston 5m

Scunthorpe 4m
Bury 2.4m

Other examples = Bristol City owe Steve Lansdwon £65m in interest free loans, and also he invested £58 in shares, so is in for £123m

I'm sure I  saw total debts for each club somewhere but cannot locate it right now.

We owe £11m.

Do you think anyone will rush to bail us out if Blitz calls it in? Who will bail us out?

30 minutes ago, singe said:

As we know only too well, that money is not trickling down.

In fact, championship clubs have some of the biggest debt pile.

Losses (in a season) before payer sales elected 2016/17,

Newcastle 59m

Chelsea 53m

Birmingham (2018) 46m

Villa 41m

Derby 23m

Forest 23m

Preston 5m

Scunthorpe 4m
Bury 2.4m

Other examples = Bristol City owe Steve Lansdwon £65m in interest free loans, and also he invested £58 in shares, so is in for £123m

I'm sure I  saw total debts for each club somewhere but cannot locate it right now.

We owe £11m.

Do you think anyone will rush to bail us out if Blitz calls it in? Who will bail us out?

I think if he was intending to call it in then he would have done so by now.

11 mill is a big number, I suspect it wouldn't need to be that figure for a deal to be done by someone though.

This is surreal. 

Never in a billion years is a bust fourth division club going to be bailed out so that it can carry on making pension payments. 

Such a step would cost many, many multiples of the piddling amount 'missing' from the pension pot. 

And the PPF would not be involved because the fund's ability to deliver on its obligations would barely be impacted if at all. 

There would be more chance of being rescued by a syndicate involving Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

Go on then. Which part of 'no professional club would be allowed to go out of business these days' have I misunderstood? 

I’ve tried Dave. Several times. 

But eyrsey sometimes loves a completely fabricated unsubstained myth to get us going. 

He’s such a laugh.