MOTM Hampton & Richmond (FA Cup - A)

MOTM - FA Cup v. Hampton & Richmond (A)  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match following the glorious FA Cup victory?

• Iversen
    • Hunt
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Taylor
    • Dummigan
    • Lyden
    • Gardner
    • Lang
    • Baxter
    • Miller
    • Branger
    • O'Grady
    • Maouche

Our MOTM, I have no clue. I’m inclined to go for Edmundson or Dummigan, who was in the box with Hunt when he scored. Gardner is discounted as he’d not been at his best. If Miller had stayed on I’d have given it to him as he was a right handful all night.

The actual MOTM was their GK by a country mile.

Closely followed by the ref who got 3 penalty decisions wrong, their penalty, the foul on Baxter and in the goal mouth scramble at the end of the first half, Clarke was pulled back. Baxter’s dive  was never a penalty.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Edmondson the only player to come out with any credit, Miller and O'Grady did little wrong either.

Dummigan, Hunt, Taylor, Lyden, Gardner all way of what's required, at times these five were actually shocking particularly Gardner who was embarrassing. 

Very good finish by hunt, considering the ball in almost missed all 3 players that had got in there and was slightly behind him. 

Just now, adamoafc said:

5 people voted for Gardner? This a piss take? 

He can do no wrong for a quite a few on here. He nearly cost us quite a few times. A few of the attacks they had were a direct result of his poor control/passing (as has happened countless times this season). 

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He can do no wrong for a quite a few on here. He nearly cost us quite a few times. A few of the attacks they had were a direct result of his poor control/passing (as has happened countless times this season). 

Similarly he can do no right for many.

I voted for Hunt.

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Edmondson the only player to come out with any credit, Miller and O'Grady did little wrong either.

Dummigan, Hunt, Taylor, Lyden, Gardner all way of what's required, at times these five were actually shocking particularly Gardner who was embarrassing. 

Change the record please, we are fed up of hearing it.

• Like 1

Can't bring myself to vote for anyone really.  If Hampton hadn't been daft enough to throw everyone up for that free kick, we'd have lost to a very, very poor side. 

Thought we completely dominated, but were fairly toothless, until the penalty.  After that, as a team, Latics did a lot of very basic things wrong, with even 5-yard passes missing their target.  Gardner was obviously instrumental in the equaliser but, whilst he always seems to want the ball, he's slow to cotton on to what options he has and that usually means he ends up passing backwards.  He also gave it away in a dangerous position a couple of times, which, fortunately, we weren't punished for.