Jose Injury ?

16 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

We've barely had an update on Surridge or Fane so we'll provably get an update around Christmas on Baxter. 

Jose's Instagram might be the best place. However, having just checked his most recent post was about a trainer company, similar posts have been issued by most of the squad. 

1 hour ago, Fruitygoo said:

At least he gave a foul for the first one....

And then completely ignored at least one more "tackle" by the same player that deserved a yellow and must have been looking the other way, or had dirt in his eye, when Baxter was taken down in their box. 

It really gets up my hooter that managers and players are almost always in immediate trouble if they say anything about a referee's performance, but an appalling, abject display like that from Mr Nield goes unpunished. They don't have to account for it, explain it or do anything except go swanning off to screw up some other poor buggers a few days later.

A manager isn't even allowed to speak to a referee until 30 minutes after the final whistle. What a wonderful cock and bull story the officials can cook up in that time. Don't get me wrong, other teams have had cause for complaint when decisions have gone Latics' way when they shouldn't have but, surely, the least we can expect is some honesty and integrity.

It says something when fans are already in despair before the game even kicks off when they see the likes of Andy Haines, Trevor Kettle, Chris Sarginson, Ross Joyce et al are going to be in charge. Add Tom Nield to that list now. :rant.sml:

He also ignored the fact that the same player walked 50 yards across the pitch 10 seconds before he was subbed.... Blatent time-wasting. 

I have a lot of respect for lower league teams but that bunch were the most unsporting bunch I've seen including many sunday league teams ive played against

14 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

He also ignored the fact that the same player walked 50 yards across the pitch 10 seconds before he was subbed.... Blatent time-wasting. 

I have a lot of respect for lower league teams but that bunch were the most unsporting bunch I've seen including many sunday league teams ive played against

Karma was indeed a bitch.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

And then completely ignored at least one more "tackle" by the same player that deserved a yellow and must have been looking the other way, or had dirt in his eye, when Baxter was taken down in their box. 

It really gets up my hooter that managers and players are almost always in immediate trouble if they say anything about a referee's performance, but an appalling, abject display like that from Mr Nield goes unpunished. They don't have to account for it, explain it or do anything except go swanning off to screw up some other poor buggers a few days later.

A manager isn't even allowed to speak to a referee until 30 minutes after the final whistle. What a wonderful cock and bull story the officials can cook up in that time. Don't get me wrong, other teams have had cause for complaint when decisions have gone Latics' way when they shouldn't have but, surely, the least we can expect is some honesty and integrity.

It says something when fans are already in despair before the game even kicks off when they see the likes of Andy Haines, Trevor Kettle, Chris Sarginson, Ross Joyce et al are going to be in charge. Add Tom Nield to that list now. :rant.sml:

Just made a right mess of my day seeing that list of names. Thanks Bristol. 

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Problem is we don't. 

Was Baxter's dive good game management/professionalism/gamesmanship/cheating/a complete aberration because everthing we normally do is not just in line with the rules but also the Corinthian spirit of fair play and decency?

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Was Baxter's dive good game management/professionalism/gamesmanship/cheating/a complete aberration because everthing we normally do is not just in line with the rules but also the Corinthian spirit of fair play and decency?

Baxters dive was poor in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Perhaps trying to (in his way) get back the penalty they cheated for.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The keeper came flying out and didn't get the ball. José had to jump over his legs which caused him to trip. No contact but no dive. If he doesn't trip he's got a tap in to an empty net. The Corinthian spirit lives on.