Danny G

2 minutes ago, singe said:

I can't see us taking the risk. It could be h sufferes a setback in recover. As we have seen with other players, like Baxter and Doyle to name but 2, even once they are back they are not fully recovered and shadows of their former selfs for months. So even if it is say 8 months, taht's 10-10 before we get him back to current levels. 

Jesus !! If he was a shadow of himself this season we’d be in trouble. He’s not good enough when  at his best, imo , to even take a risk with. 

26 minutes ago, astottie said:

Are you saying he was offered an extension to his contract and turned it down? One. I missed that. Two. Gobsmacked we are in a position to offer extension to contract.

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Lost me. What’s so unbelievable about offering a contract to someone when their current deal is due to expire. 

Dont think i said that at all.

one. I haven't seen he was offered one. Two. I am surprised we are in a financial position to offer contracts before Jan as we don't normally do and I don't think our cash situation has improved. 

17 minutes ago, astottie said:

Dont think i said that at all.

one. I haven't seen he was offered one. Two. I am surprised we are in a financial position to offer contracts before Jan as we don't normally do and I don't think our cash situation has improved. 

We know we'll need several midfielders next season, it doesn't cost more to arrange for him to be one of them than to sign someone new

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

And i would rather him be one of them

He’s been shite whilst fully fit, and I think I’m being generous with that assessment. He might not recover to that same level of shiteness after such a bad injury. I’ll repeat tho that I wish him well in his recovery. Just hope he gets sorted with ANOTHER club. 

On 11/18/2018 at 8:47 PM, welshgaz said:

I think that's why Oldham fans hate him. That's the right word too. The main stand can't wait to jump on him. He tries stuff, it doesn't always comes off.

I'd like to see him see the season out. Doubt we'd be able to sign better.

Good to see people not just gliding through games playing simple passes thinking "done my job now, no on can shout at me". Pretty sure Dummigan thinks that every time he crosses a ball directly into the keepers hands.

8 hours ago, youngen said:

Good to see people not just gliding through games playing simple passes thinking "done my job now, no on can shout at me". Pretty sure Dummigan thinks that every time he crosses a ball directly into the keepers hands.

A lot of his simple passes go astray.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Wrong, the majority are completed, a few go astray  

Agreed, would be very alarming indeed if simple passes by a professional footballer didn’t find their target. 

Whereas the majority of his more adventurous ones get nowhere near the target.

Anyhow. Even I wish him well... nasty injury that.  

I suspect we will learn quite quickly how good or bad he is whilst he is out. 

14 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Agreed, would be very alarming indeed if simple passes by a professional footballer didn’t find their target. 

Whereas the majority of his more adventurous ones get nowhere near the target.

Anyhow. Even I wish him well... nasty injury that.  

I suspect we will learn quite quickly how good or bad he is whilst he is out. Once the new whipping boy has been selected. 

FIFY 

23 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Wrong, the majority are completed, a few go astray  

The minority can still be a lot. He did have a great game at Notts. C. though, I'll give him that. No point bothering now though as it looks like he won't play for us again.

• 2 weeks later...

As time has moved on, just a quick reminder. 

Without Danny G's stamina making 89th minute run to save this club ..

- We'd have suffered national humiliation on live tv against a 6th tier side, something this club has never and hopefully will never experience 

- Frankie would have been sacked. We'd be 19th with Jean Claude in charge heading for the National League. Instead we're going up as phucking champions.

- The club would have suffered. The winnings from that, the second round so forth.

- We wouldn't all 'together' be buzzing at taking 5000 to Fulham and turning them over.

And for the FACT he's genuinely a nice guy off the pitch ........ cheers Danny G.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

- We'd have suffered national humiliation on live tv against a 6th tier side, something this club has never and hopefully will never experience 

- Frankie would have been sacked. We'd be 19th with Jean Claude in charge heading for the National League. Instead we're going up as phucking champions.

- The club would have suffered. The winnings from that, the second round so forth.

- We wouldn't all 'together' be buzzing at taking 5000 to Fulham and turning them over.

And for the FACT he's genuinely a nice guy off the pitch ........ cheers Danny G.

Not disputing he's a nice guy but the fact remains we are unbeaten in everything but the piss pot trophy - without him, held on with ten men against Lincoln - without him and more than likely would of taken care of Hampton before his lung busting run - without him, it's nice that he could burn of a plumber who'd probably been at work all day in the lead up to the goal but he was also responsible for us not getting a grip of the game by turning the ball over time and time again in dangerous areas of the pitch, is it coincidence we look a ten times better team without him in there?

Where are all those who claimed how much we'd miss him now he's out, admit it we're not missing him are we.

3 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Maouche would have scored a triple hat trick against the hamptons. FACT.

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What the....!?

Think Dan is being slightly generous there. Don’t think there is any malice in that but it hasn’t come out as well as it could have done and is a tad bit unnecessary.

Given his family circumstances I think his Christmas might be a bit more stressful than average, which provides some mitigating circumstances, but not fully mitigating.

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

What the....!?

9 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think Dan is being slightly generous there. Don’t think there is any malice in that but it hasn’t come out as well as it could have done and is a tad bit unnecessary.

Given his family circumstances I think his Christmas might be a bit more stressful than average, which provides some mitigating circumstances, but not fully mitigating.

No problem with the tweet at all. Good to see that he is taking the stick (from some) with good humour. And he is still firmly behind the lads. Nice one DG!