Danny G

10 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Nah I've seen enough of him cryuf turning into no mans land when there is a simple pass on to just know

I think that's why Oldham fans hate him. That's the right word too. The main stand can't wait to jump on him. He tries stuff, it doesn't always comes off.

I'd like to see him see the season out. Doubt we'd be able to sign better.

27 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

He played ok in our good spell last year but so did fane and hardley anyone praises him. He kept it simple but now he can't seem to do that... 

I don't hate him and its ridiculous to say i do... I just think hes average at best and we can do better. 

Talking Oldham fans in general. They can't wait to jump on him.

Largely the forward brigade.

52 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

He's been relegated from league one twice... He's hardly a shining beacon of light in an average league two side. If someome offered ANY amount of money id snatch their hands ofd. 

Hes not the sole reason we are where we are but he can go for me. I dont think we'd be any worse off without him. 

I do like the way he gives 100% but you watch him. Hes generaly either chasing one of his misplaced passes, or chasing a man because he was out of position. 

Is the system helping him... No... He picks the ball up too deep but even if we change that he wouldn't stand out. If he was as good as he thinks he is.... He wouldn't be with us. 

What is he good at? 

Running with ball? Too often goes down blind alleys

Getting us forward? Too often slows play down

Winning the ball? Nope

Bringing other players in? Holds on too long

Dan Gardner would be a better player if he was too busy showing off Dan Gardner.... 

So who would play instead of him, if he was to be injured tommorrow? No one is even close to being a suitable replacement, he might not be the best. He is the best of a bad bunch !

16 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

I can't find the original signing thread .. as it's that long ago.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/103888/creative-spark-can-lift-latics

This man is a blue and gives us 100% every week. Yes he makes mistakes but that's because he wants the ball 10x more than anyone else.

Passion, pride, effort and charisma. Get off his fucking back. 

Probably the same idiots who wanked over Placide and Richie. Look where that got us. 

His fucking run at Hampton, in the cold and wet rain, in the 88th minute, MIGHT have saved other club. 50K. 85K WHEN we beat Maidstone. Then 850K if we draw a top prem team away. 

Without DG that wouldn't have happened, fact. Yes he makes bad passes but that's because he's the only fucker who wants it.

PS. Who signed him? 😉

The last line made me piss 😂

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So who would play instead of him, if he was to be injured tommorrow? No one is even close to being a suitable replacement, he might not be the best. He is the best of a bad bunch !

Maouche would most probably be Bunn's immediate choice, much to KIG's delight. :D

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 4:16 AM, oafcshuck said:

His fucking run at Hampton, in the cold and wet rain, in the 88th minute, MIGHT have saved other club.

What a ridiculous overstatement.  Yes, his run resulted in a goal but his overall performance was poor against non-league opposition.

His two recent relegations from League One would suggest he's not great at that level and can anyone really convince themself that he's anything better than average in League Two?

I don't disagree with the 'get off his back' sentiment; there's no point in giving any player stick.  At the same time, people should be allowed to discuss their opinions of players, just as you've expressed yours.

The best midfielder in the club by some distance. If he goes in Jan and trampoline shins Fane comes back we will realise what we have let go.

DG is a decent player. Not brilliant but we have far worse in his position. I'd be keeping him even if a bit of cash is waved our way. 

22 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The best midfielder in the club by some distance. If he goes in Jan and trampoline shins Fane comes back we will realise what we have let go.

DG is a decent player. Not brilliant but we have far worse in his position. I'd be keeping him even if a bit of cash is waved our way. 

Mercurial midfielder. The sort of player who can instigate a counter attack with a deft turn and incisive through ball or a lung bursting run the length of the pitch;  and then in the next move mis-hit a five yard pass to the opposition or get caught in possession in the middle of the park. At the moment he is either carrying an injury or needs a rest. Decent player still prone to making too many mistakes.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Maouche hasnt got the physicality to mix it in the league.

There are plenty of Danny G's out there but I wouldn't trust us to find one.

He's got plenty of bite. Loves to throw himself into a challenge. Something Gardner often refrains from. Maouche can also pass a ball fairly well, only thing he doesn't have is Gardner's turn of pace

15 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He's got plenty of bite. Loves to throw himself into a challenge. Something Gardner often refrains from. Maouche can also pass a ball fairly well, only thing he doesn't have is Gardner's turn of pace

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm pretty sure you don't even watch us play given your comments recently.

Your quote confirms the previous quote.

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

To my mind the main thing they have in common is they're both a bit lightweight. Hopefully Lyden will step up to the late after Saturday's second half showing.