Danny G

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Congratulations on your first decent post. Whether he wants to learn from the best or not, I’d love to never see him in an Oldham shirt again. 

Virtual upvote 🤜

Wow high praise indeed. You can’t fault Gardner for his industry,  but his end product has been poor, sure with Scholes guidance he can be come a great player .

Doncaster and Tonight. 

In my opinion he looks awful on the ball and I really don’t agree with central midfielders who look uncomfortable in possession. Just a personal opinion. 

For me a holding midfielder is a lot more than someone who breaks up play. Hence why I believe Misslou is outstanding. He drives and passes forward comfortably whilst breaking up play. 

Fane and Sylla arnt what I would expect of central midfield players. 

Edited by LightDN123

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What!?  Ok then.  Another in the long list of raffle winners then.  You’ll come round. 

I explained my point above. He might be good at breaking up play but what use is that if he can’t pass the ball ? 

Raffle winner might be harsh on reflection. 

You agree he’s in a completely different bracket to Lyden and Misslou ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I explained my point above. He might be good at breaking up play but what use is that if he can’t pass the ball ? 

Raffle winner might be harsh on reflection. 

You agree he’s in a completely different bracket to Lyden and Misslou ? 

You've seen 2 games...

He can pass. Not a great range but he seems ok at what he does. He needs till.end of season before being judged. Huge step up

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I appreciate that but you can tell instantly if someone looks comfortable on the ball or not. 

I don't care how comfortable he looks. Just what he does with it. Ollie Banks looked like a world class player when he had ten yards of space with he ball at his feet. Then he went to do something with it or got some pressure. I rest my case

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't care how comfortable he looks. Just what he does with it. Ollie Banks looked like a world class player when he had ten yards of space with he ball at his feet. Then he went to do something with it or got some pressure. I rest my case

We shall see. 

I hope I change my mind. 

Anyways great result tonight buzzing for all involved. 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Who would you drop for him to even get back in?  Nah. 

Midfield has been an issue most of the season, maybe it’s the way we set up, maybe it’s because we’ve got too many holding / defensive midfields , but I’m sure that Scholes can make  Gardner in to a useful player

4 hours ago, mad4it said:

Midfield has been an issue most of the season, maybe it’s the way we set up, maybe it’s because we’ve got too many holding / defensive midfields , but I’m sure that Scholes can make  Gardner in to a useful player

Can't see where Gardner fits in, wanted away all season so don't see what's changed tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't. 

We missed him when we played with Sylla and Missilou, leaving Maouche on the bench. 

I think him and Maouche are about equal- Maouche might shade it due to better positional sense. We need a squad if we are to do anything next year. We might struggle to find someone cheaper and he'll probably play in 75% of the games next season if he remains relatively injury free. 

I certainly think he would have played yesterday if he'd been available. 

Edited by rudemedic

3 hours ago, rudemedic said:

We missed him when we played with Sylla and Missilou, leaving Maouche on the bench. 

I think him and Maouche are about equal- Maouche might shade it due to better positional sense. We need a squad if we are to do anything next year. We might struggle to find someone cheaper and he'll probably play in 75% of the games next season if he remains relatively injury free. 

We certainly wouldn't have been passing the ball as accurately. Maouche is a far better player than Gardner.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rudemedic said:

If he plays 75% of our games I'd suggest we are settling for life in League 2, for what we are paying Maouche we could get a real good player for our level, both could go for me.

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If he plays 75% of our games I'd suggest we are settling for life in League 2, for what we are paying Maouche* we could get a real good player for our level, both could go for me.

*Allegedly

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:26 AM, mad4it said:

I like Gardners energy and industry etc but it counts for nothing when he gives the ball away immediately after winning it.

That makes him a liability to me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, True Tic said:

I like Gardners energy and industry etc but it counts for nothing when he gives the ball away immediately after winning it.

That makes him a liability to me.

He’s far better than Fane and Sylla and they get applauded on here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1