Sign in to follow this  
oafcshuck

Danny G

4 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Congratulations on your first decent post. Whether he wants to learn from the best or not, I’d love to never see him in an Oldham shirt again. 

Virtual upvote 🤜

Wow high praise indeed. You can’t fault Gardner for his industry,  but his end product has been poor, sure with Scholes guidance he can be come a great player .

1 minute ago, mad4it said:

Wow high praise indeed. You can’t fault Gardner for his industry,  but his end product has been poor, sure with Scholes guidance he can be come a great player .

Who would you drop for him to even get back in?  Nah. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Wouldn't get near that team at the minute with the options we've got in the middle and out wide. Sylla passes forward more

From what I have seen of Sylla so far I think he’s a raffle winner 

Doncaster and Tonight. 

In my opinion he looks awful on the ball and I really don’t agree with central midfielders who look uncomfortable in possession. Just a personal opinion. 

For me a holding midfielder is a lot more than someone who breaks up play. Hence why I believe Misslou is outstanding. He drives and passes forward comfortably whilst breaking up play. 

Fane and Sylla arnt what I would expect of central midfield players. 

Edited by LightDN123

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

From what I have seen of Sylla so far I think he’s a raffle winner 

What!?  Ok then.  Another in the long list of raffle winners then.  You’ll come round. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

What!?  Ok then.  Another in the long list of raffle winners then.  You’ll come round. 

I explained my point above. He might be good at breaking up play but what use is that if he can’t pass the ball ? 

Raffle winner might be harsh on reflection. 

You agree he’s in a completely different bracket to Lyden and Misslou ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I explained my point above. He might be good at breaking up play but what use is that if he can’t pass the ball ? 

Raffle winner might be harsh on reflection. 

You agree he’s in a completely different bracket to Lyden and Misslou ? 

You've seen 2 games...

He can pass. Not a great range but he seems ok at what he does. He needs till.end of season before being judged. Huge step up

Just now, mcfluff1985 said:

You've seen 2 games...

He can pass. Not a great range but he seems ok at what he does. He needs till.end of season before being judged. Huge step up

I appreciate that but you can tell instantly if someone looks comfortable on the ball or not. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

I appreciate that but you can tell instantly if someone looks comfortable on the ball or not. 

I don't care how comfortable he looks. Just what he does with it. Ollie Banks looked like a world class player when he had ten yards of space with he ball at his feet. Then he went to do something with it or got some pressure. I rest my case

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I don't care how comfortable he looks. Just what he does with it. Ollie Banks looked like a world class player when he had ten yards of space with he ball at his feet. Then he went to do something with it or got some pressure. I rest my case

We shall see. 

I hope I change my mind. 

Anyways great result tonight buzzing for all involved. 

I've been happy with Sylla so far.

It takes all sorts to make a team and he's strong and aggressive, drives forward and wants to win.

He'd be in my away line up every time with maybe Baxter stepping down. 

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Who would you drop for him to even get back in?  Nah. 

Midfield has been an issue most of the season, maybe it’s the way we set up, maybe it’s because we’ve got too many holding / defensive midfields , but I’m sure that Scholes can make  Gardner in to a useful player

4 hours ago, mad4it said:

Midfield has been an issue most of the season, maybe it’s the way we set up, maybe it’s because we’ve got too many holding / defensive midfields , but I’m sure that Scholes can make  Gardner in to a useful player

Can't see where Gardner fits in, wanted away all season so don't see what's changed tbh.