Tranmere (A)

5 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Good to read these posts from Tranmere fans, really hope the idiots can hold their tongues in response.

Point of note: Abdallah could learn a lot from Tranmere’s chairman

There’s a couple of Tranmere post on here occassionally and read the board often, seem like good lads.

Some Stockport too.

34 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

1500. Shows how far we've fallen. 

1073, with 2 days to go, and no Pay on the Day. & no ticket collections from OAFC on Saturday.
I predict 1,250.
If it is that, a League below, and no pay on the day being a big factor, that is not all that bad.

Edited by singe

22 minutes ago, singe said:

1073, with 2 days to go, and no Pay on the Day. & no ticket collections from OAFC on Saturday.
I predict 1,250.
If it is that, a League below, and no pay on the day being a big factor, that is not all that bad.

Why wouldn't they have pay on the day when the stand holds 2000+ 

Tranmere fan here. Good to be in competition with you again. The number of club forums who say "we'll do McNulty for pace" is becoming more and more of a repetitive  joke. In the league Tranmere have conceded three league goals this season. Nearly every side was going to do McNulty for pace. Not seen it happen yet. perhaps Saturday? Thats if he plays. See you all Saturday. Looking at something around the 7,000 mark.

6 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Good to read these posts from Tranmere fans, really hope the idiots can hold their tongues in response.

Point of note: Abdallah could learn a lot from Tranmere’s chairman

6 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

I can't believe all the adulation. They should've been called Scouse cunts and told to get fucked a long time ago. 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I suspect your post is tongue in cheek, but this is exactly where I am too! It's like people have forgotten what a horrible bunch they were simply because they've spent the last 3 years playing the likes of Guiseley and Braintree. They're a horrendous bunch. The fans' football team we played against were vile and the fans I have ever met when we've played them have been vile. We'll shit 'em...

Can you delete these please lads so I can post my usual perfectly timed "Fuck off".

The moment's gone otherwise.....

Was gonna do it earlier but had to take a phonecall. 

55 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

For those wanting to go, and currently without a ticket, but unable to go BP to collect before Saturday. This post indicates you might be able to collect from Tranmere. (Might be worth checking). 

https://twitter.com/oafcTICKETS/status/1065275665140903936?s=09

You can book online and print them off can't you? 

3 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Really disappointing ticket sales for this one.

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Really? Over 1000 sold with several days to go and maybe quite a few now realising there is no Pay on the day !

+ we are mid table in the 4th tier

How many were you expecting? 😎

1 hour ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

I think that most of us know, K_I_G, that your posts are designed to provoke a response. And you probably believe that the more contentious or ridiculous the post, the stronger the pushback will be. And this obviously gives you a kick. 

You seem to revel in our current position and look for any opportunity to provide an example of ‘how far we’ve fallen’. Almost as if you get some sort of warped pleasure from our current status. The majority of Latics fans are painfully aware that we are now playing at the same level as, and losing to, teams such as Newport and Stevenage.

Rather than use the number of tickets sold (almost 1100 tickets sold with two days to go) as a negative, why not look at it as a huge positive? Despite all that we have been through, there is a strong and loyal core of fans who continue to provide excellent support to the club away from home.

I’m not sure if there is anyone, who either reads or contributes to this forum, who takes you seriously any more - if they ever did that is. I realised this a long time ago; I’m just waiting for the day when you do. 

Edited by TheBigDog

Yep, there was a safety issue down at the front of the Cowshed last season v Wrexham, where I think one fella broke his leg unfortunately. Since then, the bottom 10 or so rows of seats are covered by advertisements, which reduces the capacity to approx 1600. I am guessing, but this maybe why TRFC don't want pay on the gate if you have shifted substantial tickets in advance, as any over subscription on the day may prove tricky to manage. 

To to be honest, unless I am missing something, it wouldn't be a huge ask to open a few more rows of seats if current capacity was reached, but then there may be safety issues with that I am not aware of.

As you will appreciate, there haven't been many occasions in recent seasons when away attendances at Prenton Park have been anywhere near capacity, so maybe the powers that be need to look at reinstating the full seating in the Cowsheds. On the positive side, hopefully you will find the catering a bit better than last time (it is now done in house) and with a bit of luck, the beer may still be in date ;-)

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I suspect your post is tongue in cheek, but this is exactly where I am too! It's like people have forgotten what a horrible bunch they were simply because they've spent the last 3 years playing the likes of Guiseley and Braintree. They're a horrendous bunch. The fans' football team we played against were vile and the fans I have ever met when we've played them have been vile. We'll shit 'em...

Their fans team might have been cunty on average but one bloke was doing the work of 13 to get there

49 minutes ago, 24424 said:

Yep, there was a safety issue down at the front of the Cowshed last season v Wrexham, where I think one fella broke his leg unfortunately. Since then, the bottom 10 or so rows of seats are covered by advertisements, which reduces the capacity to approx 1600. I am guessing, but this maybe why TRFC don't want pay on the gate if you have shifted substantial tickets in advance, as any over subscription on the day may prove tricky to manage. 

To to be honest, unless I am missing something, it wouldn't be a huge ask to open a few more rows of seats if current capacity was reached, but then there may be safety issues with that I am not aware of.

As you will appreciate, there haven't been many occasions in recent seasons when away attendances at Prenton Park have been anywhere near capacity, so maybe the powers that be need to look at reinstating the full seating in the Cowsheds. On the positive side, hopefully you will find the catering a bit better than last time (it is now done in house) and with a bit of luck, the beer may still be in date 😉

If you have a ground capacity of circa 16000 then are there not other parts of the ground you can put people if the cowshed sells out?

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If you have a ground capacity of circa 16000 then are there not other parts of the ground you can put people if the cowshed sells out?

Again, not speaking from a position of strength, but in principle yes, but I would imagine segregation and policing issues would be complicated with two sets of fans sharing facilities under one of the other stands, such as catering and toilets.

In reality, Wrexham apart, nobody has come close to filling the Sheds for several years so it hasn't been an issue. My gut feeling is that if you had shifted 1600 tickets and demand was still there, more space would have been found in the existing away end, as why would the club want to turn away income? Hopefully whatever the safety issue is can be properly addressed at some point, and the away capacity increased back up to 2400.

3 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Nah - you can do it online, but they have to post to you (or you can collect from BP) - not sure about collecting from PP

Which is amazing given the tickets the club have sold are just printed on A4 paper anyway.

6 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Last time we played them we took 1,200. Plenty of folk grumbling at “Tranmere again” for the umpteenth season in a row and not bothering. So it’ll be an improvement if we take more than that on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I think that most of us know, K_I_G, that your posts are designed to provoke a response. And you probably believe that the more contentious or ridiculous the post, the stronger the pushback will be. And this obviously gives you a kick. 

You seem to revel in our current position and look for any opportunity to provide an example of ‘how far we’ve fallen’. Almost as if you get some sort of warped pleasure from our current status. The majority of Latics fans are painfully aware that we are now playing at the same level as, and losing to, teams such as Newport and Stevenage.

Rather than use the number of tickets sold (almost 1100 tickets sold with two days to go) as a negative, why not look at it as a huge positive? Despite all that we have been through, there is a strong and loyal core of fans who continue to provide excellent support to the club away from home.

I’m not sure if there is anyone, who either reads or contributes to this forum, who takes you seriously any more - if they ever did that is. I realised this a long time ago; I’m just waiting for the day when you do. 

Jesus. I thought we had the best away support ever?!

To be fair, at the start of the season we traveled well but it seems to have fallen sharply. 

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Last time we played them we took 1,200. Plenty of folk grumbling at “Tranmere again” for the umpteenth season in a row and not bothering. So it’ll be an improvement if we take more than that on Saturday. 

It was 757 last time, even less under TP the previous year just after the Everton cup game - genuinely around 400-500.

We've never travelled particularly well to each other, it’s a complete myth...