Al's radio interview 17/11/18

Just now, deyres42 said:

What he says and what is actually happening don't seem to stack up.

Can you give examples?

I thought he explained himself on why payments were late.

The more I think of the snipers, it’s boiled down into three camps -

1. Ex-players who weren’t used to having their performance criticised or bitter when informed that there were not needed and needed to go.

2. An ex-owner who had to be forced from the board and the club

3. Journos who wrote articles based on information from those ex-players and the ex-owner

• Like 1

Just now, deyres42 said:

We have a budget of 2.8 million, within a year it is less than half of that? There may be clubs who have been successful doing that, none immediately spring to mind though.

I don’t think he thought ‘I know, I’ll slash the wage bill, and we’ll defintley do better with inferior players’  He obviously hasn’t got the means to keep that level of expenditure up. Added to that, maybe he realised that he wasn’t getting value for money on the #frenchlads, and he was paying a lot players good money to never play. 

Im not advocating a lower budget, But I understand it. 

So he puts in 3.5 million and is still subsidising the club to the tune of £200k per month and there are still debts including the Necarcu loan ? 

i am inclined to agree with Eyresy,things do not stack up at all yet people hang on his every word as gospel. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, archiecat said:

So he puts in 3.5 million and is still subsidising the club to the tune of £200k per month and there are still debts including the Necarcu loan ? 

i am inclined to agree with Eyresy,things do not stack up at all yet people hang on his every word as gospel. 

Probably the debts were much deeper than the due diligence unearthed?  

Lets give the bloke some time eh?  I was pushing for an interview and we got one.  Ok it didn’t confirm everything around the future at this stage but let’s see in January     what materialises in terms of squad additions or not.

Also remember in the interview Mike did say that certain things couldn’t be discussed because of legal reasons.  As said earlier; Corney misleading the DD perhaps, player releases and possibly Wellens.  On the topic of Wellens, if I blew a fortune outside my budget to support a manager to avoid relegation and we went down without a fight then I’d be reluctant to pay off his contract especially if there are clauses around performance.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The academy is crucial but Philliskirk is sacked without mention?

Chief executive is sacked without mention and not replaced? Simon Brooke? Andy Rhodes?

Unless I missed it Philliskirk  was not sacked? have I missed it?

The CEO was part of the previous owners regime and it makes sense the new owner would want new or his own people in eventually.

11 minutes ago, underdog said:

the new owner would want new or his own people in eventually.

This is the bit that I just cannot get my head round.  Why eventually?  He appears to be leaving the running of a club that is in a terrible state to volunteers.  Was there never any consideration  given to actually running the club?

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The academy is crucial but Philliskirk is sacked without mention?

Chief executive is sacked without mention and not replaced? Simon Brooke? Andy Rhodes?

And you are making stuff up again. 

Philliskirk sacked? Since when?

Chief Executive sacked... well if course he was, he presided over a shower of shit. Was clearly very poor at his job. 

Simon Brooke? Meh. 

Andy Rhodes I’ll give you, but we are apparently very close to a replacement. 

57 minutes ago, archiecat said:

Do they? No, they don’t. They are just prepared to give him a chance.  

You aren’t, that fine.  But there is nothing else you can add because all you will ever do is criticise and bitch at every turn. 

Their is a couple of positives to come out of that

1. He's acknowledged mistakes have been made

2. He appears to state he is in it for the long run and he wants the club to do well.

Their are a couple of concerns though

The main one here being what Dave has touched on above. We have got rid of the previous board of Directors and not replaced them. We are still having issues with things such  as pension contributions not being paid and a former manager being paid off. Surely we need a CEO/MD to come in and be a steady pair of hands who can administrate the football club on a day to day basis so that we dont have these issues going forwards.

Edited by GlossopLatic

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

To emphasize the point that he believes he has joined a more normal/stable club probably, not that hard to understand really.

How does that benefit him in his new job though?  “Everything is perfect here for me to succeed”.    That backfired quick. 

he’s thick and hasn’t done his homework on the club and the owner.  Forums less than glowing on that front. 

Edited by kowenicki