Al's radio interview 17/11/18

15 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

No. Not in my view. People sacked for bullying unless they are sanctioned by a governing body are often employed elsewhere. 

Football never strikes me as an area where someone sacked for misconduct is unemployable again afterwards, look at Montano etc. 

Ok so we could say, any suggestion he was being sanctioned by a governing body was either untrue and/or he had been cleared by said governing body, if he became employed elsewhere? In effect, it would our club (and only our club)'s decision not to have cleared him or terminated his employment?

Edited by lookersstandandy

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Ok so we could say, any suggestion he was being sanctioned by a governing body was either untrue and/or he had been cleared by said governing body, if he became employed elsewhere? In effect, it would our club (and only our club)'s decision not to have cleared him or terminated his employment?

Could be his decision.

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I'd be disappointed as it would perhaps give more rise to his guilt and he has been a Latics stalwart for ages so to see him leave would be akin to a player who had been at the club for ages leave. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Haven't had to fret about that for a while 

Got me thinking..which first team squad member has been at the club the longest?

Dummigan too, of the regulars ?
Not that I'd be distraught at him leaving.

EDIT

George Edmundson Jul 2015
Jamie Stott                  Jul 2015
Peter Clarke                 Jul 2016
Ossie Fane                   Aug 2016
Cameron Dummigan  Aug 2016
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oldham-athletic/kader/verein/1078/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Edmundson due a testimonial soon!

Edited by singe

2 hours ago, singe said:

Dummigan too, of the regulars ?
Not that I'd be distraught at him leaving.

EDIT

George Edmundson Jul 2015
Jamie Stott                  Jul 2015
Peter Clarke                 Jul 2016
Ossie Fane                   Aug 2016
Cameron Dummigan  Aug 2016
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oldham-athletic/kader/verein/1078/saison_id/2018/plus/1

Edmundson due a testimonial soon!

What's the latest on Fane's injury?

On 11/30/2018 at 9:19 AM, Monty Burns said:

I did think that was what l had already said, but, yes. Yes l do/will.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:04 PM, rudemedic said:

I'd be disappointed as it would perhaps give more rise to his guilt and he has been a Latics stalwart for ages so to see him leave would be akin to a player who had been at the club for ages leave. 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, TheBigDog said:

It’s now been over seven months and we have heard no further update from the club. I think that this is disgraceful. 

It must be something really bad if the investigation is still ongoing.

So we can safely say the FA or any other representative body are not investigating him for anything / he's been cleared.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2018/december/philliskirk-appointed-u18-head-coach/

Edited by lookersstandandy

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

So we can safely say the FA or any other representative body are not investigating him for anything / he's been cleared.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2018/december/philliskirk-appointed-u18-head-coach/

He was a great servant for Oldham Athletic and I wish him well in his new appointment. Great pity he has had to leave in such circumstances. 

19 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

He was a great servant for Oldham Athletic and I wish him well in his new appointment. Great pity he has had to leave in such circumstances. 

Its a move higher as he deserved a long time ago, but stayed with us.