Al's radio interview 17/11/18

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Nothing of major interest in that interview -  that I’m guessing was a highly sensitive up yours from AL to the Chron. 

Or a cunning move by the RRC to get him to speak to someone even if it wasn’t them? 

On 11/19/2018 at 12:54 PM, oafcmetty said:

I've heard tales of briefcases full of cash being hard to explain at Mcr airport :D

Beats a briefcase of cash coming up from London via Train  approx this time last season I suppose, better transport

Edited by underdog

On 11/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, underdog said:

Beats a briefcase of cash coming up from London via Train  approx this time last season I suppose, better transport

Heard a story yesterday morning from a Swansea fan, and I've no reason to believe it isn't true. When they were in financial trouble and a new buyer was found, £50K was needed in something of a hurry.

The fifty grand was delivered just in time. In cash. In a Tesco carrier bag.

Not even in a briefcase.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2018 at 12:38 PM, deyres42 said:

The academy is crucial but Philliskirk is sacked without mention?

On 11/18/2018 at 2:11 PM, underdog said:

Unless I missed it Philliskirk  was not sacked? have I missed it?

On 11/18/2018 at 2:41 PM, kowenicki said:

Philliskirk sacked? Since when?

Humour me. On the 17th April this year, the following statement appeared on the Fishul,

“Academy Manager Tony Philliskirk has been suspended with immediate effect, pending the outcome of a club investigation.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter.”

Contrary to popular opinion, there is no mention of the FA, or any representative body - that’s not to say they haven’t been involved. It reads as an in house investigation only.

If he is found guilty of something that brings about his dismissal, would it be fair and reasonable for us to expect to know / understand why, given his long association with the club and the fondness with which he is held by so many for personal and professional reasons?

Edited by lookersstandandy

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

IMO the poor treatment of TP should be generating more anger than it has.

I think most - myself included - are reserving judgment until the outcome of investigation(s) are concluded..... otherwise it’s difficult to judge whether his treatment is poor, or otherwise.

But humour me.... let’s say he is sacked by the club. Would you want to know why? Or will a two sentence announcement with no further comment be acceptable?

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Humour me. On the 17th April this year, the following statement appeared on the Fishul,

“Academy Manager Tony Philliskirk has been suspended with immediate effect, pending the outcome of a club investigation.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter.”

Contrary to popular opinion, there is no mention of the FA, or any representative body - that’s not to say they haven’t been involved. It reads as an in house investigation only.

If he is found guilty of something that brings about his dismissal, would it fair and reasonable for us to expect to know / understand why, given his long association with the club and the fondness with which he is held by so many for personal and professional reasons?

It’s now been over seven months and we have heard no further update from the club. I think that this is disgraceful. 

It must be something really bad if the investigation is still ongoing.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I think most - myself included - are reserving judgment until the outcome of investigation(s) are concluded..... otherwise it’s difficult to judge whether his treatment is poor, or otherwise.

But humour me.... let’s say he is sacked by the club. Would you want to know why? Or will a two sentence announcement with no further comment be enough?

I wanted to know why the very second the suspension was announced, there has been no dulling of this curiosity in the seven months it has dragged on.

Can’t see him coming back after so long away.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s now been over seven months and we have heard no further update from the club. I think that this is disgraceful. 

You can’t say it’s disgraceful or otherwise without knowing what it is - but I agree that the length of time it’s taken suggests the matter has been taken seriously.

Therefore, in the event he was found guilty of something and subsequently dismissed, one assumes you would wish to know why?

10 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I wanted to know why the very second the suspension was announced, there has been no dulling of this curiosity in the seven months it has dragged on.

Can’t see him coming back after so long away.

To be fair to the club, the FA, Tony & any other 3rd party or parties involved, it wouldn’t be proper to be divulging details until investigation(s) had concluded.

Like @TheBigDog however, I assume you would wish to have some explanation in the event it was confirmed he had been dismissed.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

To be fair to the club, the FA, Tony & any other 3rd party or parties involved, it wouldn’t be proper to be divulging details until investigation(s) had conclude. 

Like @TheBigDog however, I assume you would wish to have some explanation in the event it was confirmed he had been dismissed.

I did think that was what l had already said, but, yes. Yes l do/will.

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It might not be that bad. In many ways if it was something for gross misconduct that is easily proven then the investigation would likely be over by now. 

However, a 'bullying' he said - (s)he said issue may take a lot longer to investigate. Especially given the number of staff members who have left since then. 

If TP is found innocent / not proven of all or most of the charges he may well still be free to return. However, whether he would want to is another matter. 

On 11/30/2018 at 9:53 AM, rudemedic said:

It might not be that bad. In many ways if it was something for gross misconduct that is easily proven then the investigation would likely be over by now. 

However, a 'bullying' he said - (s)he said issue may take a lot longer to investigate. Especially given the number of staff members who have left since then. 

If TP is found innocent / not proven of all or most of the charges he may well still be free to return. However, whether he would want to is another matter. 

How would people feel if TP turned up elsewhere in employment in the meantime?

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

How would people feel if TP turned up elsewhere in employment in the meantime?

I'd be disappointed as it would perhaps give more rise to his guilt and he has been a Latics stalwart for ages so to see him leave would be akin to a player who had been at the club for ages leave. 

11 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

I'd be disappointed as it would perhaps give more rise to his guilt and he has been a Latics stalwart for ages so to see him leave would be akin to a player who had been at the club for ages leave. 

...but wouldn't him turning up elsewhere indicate he'd be cleared of any wrongdoing, hence he was being employed again.....?

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...but wouldn't him turning up elsewhere indicate he'd be cleared of any wrongdoing, hence he was being employed again.....?

No. Not in my view. People sacked for bullying unless they are sanctioned by a governing body are often employed elsewhere. 

Football never strikes me as an area where someone sacked for misconduct is unemployable again afterwards, look at Montano etc.