In the press for the right reasons

It's a brilliant initiative. Like so many more that OACT sponsor & we'd be lying if we said it doesn't make us even a little bit happy/proud..... especially when there has been little to be happy/proud of on the pitch. Lemsagam needs to understand, value & leverage the work Martin Vose et al do in the name of the club.....

Edited by lookersstandandy

Boundary Park is the ideal ground to go to for those who struggle with queues and loud noises..... (and before anyone jumps down my throat my son is autistic and though he copes better now I was very, very wary of taking him into any busy environment for many years.

Edited by Dave_Og

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Boundary Park is the ideal ground to go to for those who struggle with queues and loud noises..... (and before anyone jumps down my throat my son is autistic and though he copes better now I was very, very wary of taking him into any busy environment for many years.

Stole my jole

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

i was the same with my autistic son and we did have a few rocky moments where he found the big crowds a bit daunting and one memorable incident when having attended the game with Burnley  with my dad ending in my being called into the headmistresses office the following monday to explain why he had been running around the playground calling various ginger kids " fat ginger t*^@s."

55 minutes ago, peanuts said:

i was the same with my autistic son and we did have a few rocky moments where he found the big crowds a bit daunting and one memorable incident when having attended the game with Burnley  with my dad ending in my being called into the headmistresses office the following monday to explain why he had been running around the playground calling various ginger kids " fat ginger t*^@s."

Who was said ginge? 😀 

I remember Millwall first game of the season about 2007? where we won 4-3.   7 year old daughter going into the  house to greet her mum with ' you were 3-1 up and you *ucked it up' 

fortunately she was a sweet niaive child then who had heard 'mucked' and not what was actually sung. My heart did skip a beat even so.

Going back to the OP I've said this before on here but my daughter has CP and we've always been very happy with the response from Latics.

She was a mascot against Forest in about 2006 when she had only just learned to walk aged 6 and was very wobbly . Bloody hell Eardley walked down the steps with her as the teams came out and held everyone back so they came down at her pace. He was a 20 year old captain and I will  never hear a word said against him  after that.

She's been to about 10 away grounds including big clubs and little clubs and always been well received with everyone knowing what they should be doing. Accrington were the best where i thought they were going to hold up kick off until she got to her seat - they gave us the owners car park space. Only one was crap. 'No you cant have a car park space as we have none for away fans and you'll have to park on the street and make her walk' Yep, that's you Dale.

Well done Latics fine effort.

Edited by astottie

This is a fantastic initiative and I imagine loads of clubs today will be discussing how to follow suit. 

An Oldham based Everton fan at work says she'll be taking her son who has autism to Boundary Park now, as he loves football but struggles with the noise and the volume of people at Goodison Park. 

Credit to everyone at the club involved in this.

• 4 weeks later...

Martin Vose has said on Twitter that people can email or DM him for the bank details if they'd like to make a donation to Oact via bank transfer. His email address is martin.vose@oldhamathletic.co.uk and his Twitter handle is @mv4747. 

On 11/22/2018 at 10:18 PM, astottie said:

I remember Millwall first game of the season about 2007? where we won 4-3.   7 year old daughter going into the  house to greet her mum with ' you were 3-1 up and you *ucked it up' 

fortunately she was a sweet niaive child then who had heard 'mucked' and not what was actually sung. My heart did skip a beat even so.

My cousin's kid was getting in trouble for singing, "He's bald, he's Scouse, he'll rob your fucking house," for months after I took him to a Blackpool game

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

My cousin's kid was getting in trouble for singing, "He's bald, he's Scouse, he'll rob your fucking house," for months after I took him to a Blackpool game

My sons's first game:

Mum : How was it Jack?

Jack : Great, The Referee was wonka and the Huddersfield fans are fuc*ing sheep shaggers!:peepwall: