Maidstone (A)

It's a big one.  I'm assuming that Lyden and Gardner are out for it which are blows.  Here's what I'd go for:

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Nepomuceno

Missilou

Maouche

Branger

Surridge

Lang

Aside from his obvious ability, I hope Surridge starts as I think O'Grady would have more use off the bench like the last cup game.

Really glad that Maouche had a good game last night, my worry with him is being a bit lightweight in a 2 man midfield.  We probably won't have a lot of choice though!  I'd go for Nepo and Branger on the flanks, Branger seems better on the left and Nepo is a better winger than Dummigan.

Did anyone think that we'd end up with an entire midfield of #frenchlads?

12 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It's a big one.  I'm assuming that Lyden and Gardner are out for it which are blows.  Here's what I'd go for:

Iverson

Hunt

Clarke

Edmundson

Taylor

Nepomuceno

Missilou

Maouche

Branger

Surridge

Lang

Aside from his obvious ability, I hope Surridge starts as I think O'Grady would have more use off the bench like the last cup game.

Really glad that Maouche had a good game last night, my worry with him is being a bit lightweight in a 2 man midfield.  We probably won't have a lot of choice though!  I'd go for Nepo and Branger on the flanks, Branger seems better on the left and Nepo is a better winger than Dummigan.

Did anyone think that we'd end up with an entire midfield of #frenchlads?

It’s a game that we want to, and should, win. With that in mind I expect a full strength side. (*)

However Hampton showed that games away from home against lower league sides can prove to be fraught with danger. Add in the plastic pitch and it may not be as straightforward as we would want. Surridge (if he plays) and Lang up front is an exciting prospect. Expecting a comfortable win....😮

* from the available squad that is...

Edited by TheBigDog

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Is Surridge available do we know? 

He is on a season long loan, so he really should be available. If he isn't then it gives some credence to the rumours that Bournemouth are going to curtail his loan in January. 

Miller should be available as FA cup suspensions are considered separate this season. 

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

He is on a season long loan, so he really should be available. If he isn't then it gives some credence to the rumours that Bournemouth are going to curtail his loan in January. 

Miller should be available as FA cup suspensions are considered separate this season. 

Didn't know that.  Good spot.so does that mean the Hampton diver won't actually serve his suspension or is that not the same thing as it wasn't about  yellow cards?

3 minutes ago, astottie said:

Didn't know that.  Good spot.so does that mean the Hampton diver won't actually serve his suspension or is that not the same thing as it wasn't about  yellow cards?

I think the Hampton diver will serve his suspension as that was separate. I was only made aware as I thought Missilou was suspended because he picked up his 5th booking last night, but apparently the cut-off was changed to 19 games, not the end of the month, but it wouldn’t have mattered as FA Cup is separate this season.

33 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

So the Maidstone striker who got a straight red on Saturday is available. 

26 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Never heard of this one.....

Maidstone United FC (First Team) v Oldham Athletic FC (First Team)
FA Cup    
Referee: Young, Alan
Assistant Referee: Cooper, Nicholas
Assistant Referee: Farrell, Conor
Fourth Official: O'Donnell, Christopher

Was reffing in the National League last season. Seems relatively card happy but not as much as some. 

It isn't true red cards don't get you suspended for the FA Cup. It's suspensions for yellows that are only handed out for the competition they're picked up in now. This has been brought in to stop players getting a fifth yellow on purpose so they miss a cup match instead of a league game.

Miller will be suspended until 3 first team games have passed. So he'll miss Maidstone, Rochdale (Can't play, but Checkatrade doesn't count as a first team game), Crewe, and Bury (Or Maidstone at home if there's a replay)

11 minutes ago, Simpo said:

It isn't true red cards don't get you suspended for the FA Cup. It's suspensions for yellows that are only handed out for the competition they're picked up in now. This has been brought in to stop players getting a fifth yellow on purpose so they miss a cup match instead of a league game.

Miller will be suspended until 3 first team games have passed. So he'll miss Maidstone, Rochdale (Can't play, but Checkatrade doesn't count as a first team game), Crewe, and Bury (Or Maidstone at home if there's a replay)

So he can't play against Dale (even though it doesn't count as a first team game), that sounds suspiciously like a 4 game ban.

8 minutes ago, Hometownclub said:

So he can't play against Dale (even though it doesn't count as a first team game), that sounds suspiciously like a 4 game ban.

Yet didn't the Rochdale twat who attacked Clarke get his already reduced ban further reduced by counting Mickey Mouse cup games?