Maidstone (A)

19 hours ago, archiecat said:

dickhead

This post was not reported - no action was taken.

18 hours ago, latics22 said:

Wow I’ve never had a banning? How long do they last ?

Depends on how much of a weapon someone has been, combined with how good/bad my mood is that day of course.

12 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Nah. Ackey takes a disliking to you and waits for the fist opportunity to dish em out , for far less than you see from some on a daily basis. There’s a few trolls on here should have been in the sun bin many times. 

If I banned people I didn't like you wouldn't be posting, would you? In reality we're constantly asking for money to keep this place afloat and less members would make that a lot less troublesome... maybe I really should do more to remove people incapable of being tolerant of others. I'll add it to our funding-ideas list. 

18 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Depends on Ackeys mood, l got a week for telling the truth.

You're not wrong, to some extent. I'll say that.  However, you got a week for acting like child if memory serves.  We talked about calling people out publicly when moderation took place but we don't have the time or inclination to make that much effort. We've probably moderated 50 posts this season and from a quick look we've suspended 3 members (maximum was for a week) and banned 1 member (they literally asked for their account to be banned so they couldn't come here anymore - weird I know). Whatever fantasy people carry about this place being some kind of oppressive regime isn't very accurate. Indeed of the 4 Mods only Steve is a regular poster/visitor.  I'd not been here since the middle of last week and only came today as I actually went to the game on Saturday.

Speaking of which... on topic... I thought we actually played quite well and despite letting them get in to the game more than I felt we should have, we never looked in real danger. A goal for them could have made things very interesting, but that's a big what if.  

14 hours ago, singe said:

Just a thank you to everyone that frequented The Swan. Gary has a good day, whch I am pleased for him.

A big thank you to Gary and his Missus. A good welcome. Quality cask ales and with a bonus of free chips. Also very convenient for H M P Maidstone!

Thanks for the tip off. Will be back in a couple of seasons when Maidstone join us in league 2.:peepwall:

21 minutes ago, Millibob said:

A big thank you to Gary and his Missus. A good welcome. Quality cask ales and with a bonus of free chips. Also very convenient for H M P Maidstone!

Thanks for the tip off. Will be back in a couple of seasons when Maidstone join us in league 2.:peepwall:

Cheers, I'm delighted you went.