Maidstone (A)

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

Lads, what are you talking about???

All of those we’re first team regulars, trusted by the incumbent manager!! None of those suddenly appeared in the first team 15 months after joining! None of those had 3 different managers who didn’t fancy them. There isn’t one example of first team player being bought, (on a speculated 4K a week) who’s taken 15 months and 3 different managers to show he can play a bit. Not one. 

You could even argue it takes time to settle, ok what about moimbe,  Gevaro, Missilou. Wether you rate those players is a moot point. The point is they came in, and we’re deemed good enough to play. 

You’ve all had a mare there.

Someone talking sense?? Praise the lord, wanted to say the same but couldn’t be arsed typing. Just been on his wiki, apparently we have the option after 2 years for another year.... will we take that option ?  NO

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

All of those we’re first team regulars, trusted by the incumbent manager!! None of those suddenly appeared in the first team 15 months after joining! None of those had 3 different managers who didn’t fancy them. I'd say that all four names took a year + to really establish themselves in the first team.  Porter had a year of being in and out of the team under Moore before getting an extended run under Shez where he showed what he could do.  Smith was heading to non-league after his first 18 months at the club (sporadic starts and only when there was no other option) before Liverpool.  Stephens and Lee were bought by Shez, barely used by him, then used by Penney halfway through his season (albeit not very well) and finally they showed they were gems in season 3 where Dickov absolutely got a tune out of them.

There isn’t one example of first team player being bought, (on a speculated 4K a week) who’s taken 15 months and 3 different managers to show he can play a bit. Not one.  A bit of a specific example tbf.

You could even argue it takes time to settle, ok what about moimbe,  Gevaro, Missilou. Wether you rate those players is a moot point. The point is they came in, and we’re deemed good enough to play.  People develop at different rates all the time and I can totally understand why it took longer for Maouche to be involved.  All three of those players had the physicality to make an impact in the first team straight away.  Yet despite showing in recent times that he has the talent, even now I'm still not convinced that Maouche is physical enough to play in centre mid.  Most players wouldn't get the time to develop that he's had (especially not with the wage he apparently picks up) but we are where we are.

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

IF he can stay fit- he’s an upgrade on Gardner IMO. 

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Lyden for Missilou

Maouche for Gardner

surely?

Lyden is a deep lying midfielder and is competing with Missilou for that role in Bunn’s setup.

Maouche is a passing midfielder who does have good vision and a decent shot. He does not drive forward as Gardner does but should be given an extended run.  

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

I’m still to be convinced on Maouche. He can play a bit - but it’s still a concern he’s never been given a run. If he was that good, we would of seen him play a lot more. How many times do you discover a gem  15 months after they joined the club? 

Matt Smith.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

All of those we’re first team regulars, trusted by the incumbent manager!! None of those suddenly appeared in the first team 15 months after joining! None of those had 3 different managers who didn’t fancy them. There isn’t one example of first team player being bought, (on a speculated 4K a week) who’s taken 15 months and 3 different managers to show he can play a bit. Not one. 

You could even argue it takes time to settle, ok what about moimbe,  Gevaro, Missilou. Wether you rate those players is a moot point. The point is they came in, and we’re deemed good enough to play. 

You’ve all had a mare there.

Nah, l think youre still having one.

42 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Someone talking sense?? Praise the lord, wanted to say the same but couldn’t be arsed typing. Just been on his wiki, apparently we have the option after 2 years for another year.... will we take that option ?  NO

This from the guy who doesn’t attend matches, changes his mind every few days and would turn up to cry at scraping out of division 4.

Just checked the statistics from Maidstone’s first round game versus Macclesfield:

Score: Stones 2 v Macc 1

Shots: 6 v 6

On Target: 2 v 3

Possession: 48% v 52%

Corners: 9 v 2

Fouls: 8 v 13

Yellows : 3 v 2

Att: 2,169

They’re just stats but it suggests a tight game. Fair play to Maidstone to get 3 bookings from only 8 fouls 😉

By way of contrast we committed 19 fouls at H&R and only Jose was booked for his alleged dive. Professional 👀

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Just checked the statistics from Maidstone’s first round game versus Macclesfield:

They’re just stats but it suggests a tight game. Fair play to Maidstone to get 3 bookings from only 8 fouls 😉

By way of contrast we committed 19 fouls at H&R and only Jose was booked for his alleged dive. Professional 👀

Whilst the Hamptons committed a minimum of three red card offences without recieving a red card.

Some amusing comments on the Maidstone forum, including this gem.....

"....It should be an interesting few hours in the pubs before the game but hopefully the coppers will let them enjoy themselves and not cause aggravation with their heavy handed tactics. If you come across any Oldham fans try talking to them and not winding them up I am sure they are open to conversations but will turn nasty if provoked so for the sake of your unbroken noses keep the banter very light and cheerful..."

Brilliant!! I'm pretty sure that is similar to the advice they give you when you go on safari :) 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Whilst the Hamptons committed a minimum of three red card offences without recieving a red card.

Indeed!

one other intrestin’ stat... Macc had 60 fans make the trip 😮

@League 1 forever Bad scene when Latics22 agrees with you. Have a good think.

😂 Good effort. 

Will you have a think about paying somebody 4K a week to be invisible for 15 months?

I’ll say it again slowly for you monty, not one player has been signed on the level of money he’s on, and suddenly started catching 15 months after signing. 

He’s not a punt, he’s a not youth team player. He’s on star player money. . Yet has only just started catching. 

I hope the lad does well, but a few cameo’s aren’t enough to justify this new found belief that we’ve suddenly found a player. Let’s see how he does over 6/7 games for 90 minutes. My instinct is he’s a bit of flair player who fade out of games, and struggle for consistency. 

Without going through the thread to see if it has already been covered are we now sure who is and who isn't available for Saturday? My reading of it is Miller out because it was a red and Missilou available because it was a yellow in a league game and he will miss the next league game. Could be wrong and i can't see anything on the OS.

Just seen OS says Miller out but no mention of Missilou.

Edited by astottie

1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

"....It should be an interesting few hours in the pubs before the game but hopefully the coppers will let them enjoy themselves and not cause aggravation with their heavy handed tactics. If you come across any Oldham fans try talking to them and not winding them up I am sure they are open to conversations but will turn nasty if provoked so for the sake of your unbroken noses keep the banter very light and cheerful..."

Brilliant!! I'm pretty sure that is similar to the advice they give you when you go on safari :) 

Their forum makes a very entertaining read lol

I think they have us mixed up with Millwall or Leeds.

Sounds like Maidstone fans better equip themselves with plenty of PPE.

I hope our nasty northern flat cap wearing, whippet owning fans don't scare them too much !!!

8 minutes ago, astottie said:

Without going through the thread to see if it has already been covered are we now sure who is and who isn't available for Saturday? My reading of it is Miller out because it was a red and Missilou available because it was a yellow in a league game and he will miss the next league game. Could be wrong and i can't see anything on the OS.

According to this - http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions - only Miller is suspended. The only player who is 1 suspension away too is Olly Banks and Missilou was on there earlier this week....

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

This from the guy who doesn’t attend matches, changes his mind every few days and would turn up to cry at scraping out of division 4.

I go plenty of games, I do change my mind but I admit it, and yeah I’d prob cry. Thanks for the description 8/10

Can I  plug a mate of mine's pub in Maidstone Town Centre? Gary , who is the landlord.

He's a Liverpool and Maidstone fan. Until a couple of years ago he was a work colleague, decent bloke trying to earn a living in a tough industry, so I thought I'd do my best for him.

It's not he biggest pub, but a few of you popping in will help.

Not much  more than a 5-10 min walk (8 min average) from the ground. 0.4 mile.

Cheers

The Swan
County Road, Maidstone ME14 1UY

https://www.swanmaidstone.co.uk/home

DtQDYp6X4AEy6at.jpg

3 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Hope nobody is loud in a pub again, I'm sick of our name being dragged through the mud again like after Richmond 

I don’t believe he is on £4k p/w as doing so would involve placing my faith in the daily heil, twitter and this place.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

I am actually prepared to believe he is on £4k a week or atleast he was last season he may have had to take a pay cut due to relegation.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Their forum makes a very entertaining read lol

I think they have us mixed up with Millwall or Leeds.

Sounds like Maidstone fans better equip themselves with plenty of PPE.

I hope our nasty northern flat cap wearing, whippet owning fans don't scare them too much !!!

Flat caps have been a cockney thing for quite a while now.

4 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Wow! How prejudiced is that? Typical ignorant southerners.