The Missing

So we're now missing through injury Fane, Baxter, Gardner, La Paz and Lyden.

We have Miller suspended for the next 2 (or 3?) matches.

We don't know why Taylor wasn't even in the squad yesterday though presumably injured also?

Information from the club on injuries and progress on possible return does seem to be sparse. Is there any update on them I have missed?

Also, in view of priorities this season, while there's probably little room for manoeuvre, should we be protecting some of our key players by leaving them out for Rochdale?

Whichever way you look at it we are an injury or two from struggling to put out an 11 without throwing the kids in, to say it's only the start of December is a big worry, for me I wouldn't be risking Clarke, Edmondson, Missilou, Nepo, Surridge, Lang or Maouche against Dale as the League game on Saturday needs to be the priority especially if we get a lucrative draw tomorrow,  we just can't afford to lose any more key players before the window opens, it begs the question whether they need some extra time off given what they are putting into games and the amount of time they are spending on the road, I'm fucked just going watching them and it could be that all the effort and amount of games are having an effect on our squad fitness levels and durability. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Whichever way you look at it we are an injury or two from struggling to put out an 11 without throwing the kids in, to say it's only the start of December is a big worry, for me I wouldn't be risking Clarke, Edmondson, Missilou, Nepo, Surridge, Lang or Maouche against Dale as the League game on Saturday needs to be the priority especially if we get a lucrative draw tomorrow,  we just can't afford to lose any more key players before the window opens, it begs the question whether they need some extra time off given what they are putting into games and the amount of time they are spending on the road, I'm fucked just going watching them and it could be that all the effort and amount of games are having an effect on our squad fitness levels and durability. 

I'd hope they aren't drinking heavily on the way to and from matches though 

I reckon FB will pick a strong starting line-up for the Rochdale game. One or two will/should be rested but in the main the team will be similar to the one that started against Maidstone, with maybe Taylor back for Dummigan.

Lang, Surridge, O’Grady, Maouche, Nepomuceno, Missilou will benefit from another game together. 

I would like like to see Hamer get some game time too.

One further thing, I see that Stott played for Stockport in the cup; so now cup tied if he does come back on December 23. Meaning Graham is the only cover we have at centre back unless we get another in very early January. 👀

43 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Or if you're me, putting your socks on.

Didn't one of our players once stub his toe getting out of the bath and was out for quite a long time?

I seem to remember one falling over the dog while on a walk.

Anymore bizarre injuries to players Latics or not? 

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't one of our players once stub his toe getting out of the bath and was out for quite a long time?

I seem to remember one falling over the dog while on a walk.

Anymore bizarre injuries to players Latics or not? 

There are plenty. Neil Adams diving into an empty swimming pool i seem to recall. Lee Richardson getting bitten by his dog? Somebody dropped a bottle of sauce on their toe...maybe Pointon? Memory is hazy!

12 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

There are plenty. Neil Adams diving into an empty swimming pool i seem to recall. Lee Richardson getting bitten by his dog? Somebody dropped a bottle of sauce on their toe...maybe Pointon? Memory is hazy!

Shaun Garnett? 

Edited by League one forever

Speaking of Stott, I think the rules permit us to play him on Wednesday, as Stockport don't have a game and they are less than full-time. Whilst in an ideal world I think Bunn should rest some players, the Checkascab trophy has a decent prize pot, it's a local Derby, a winnable game but perhaps most importantly we haven't got loads to bring in. 

2 hours ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Didn't someone fall down a manhole?