January Window Gossip/Rumours

4 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I would be very surprised if Kean Bryan came back having experienced the workings of the club last season. 

Why would he care? He's paid (not by us) to play. Why would he have any interest in what happens behind the scenes?

9 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

I would be very surprised if Kean Bryan came back having experienced the workings of the club last season. 

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Why would he care? He's paid (not by us) to play. Why would he have any interest in what happens behind the scenes?

I hope Latics have got a break clause in Sam Graham's loan deal, so he can be sent back to Sheff Utd later this week!

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Kean Bryan’s partner (Sophie from Corrie) just posted a picture on IG saying she misses watching him play. Picture of him in an oldham kit. He then reposted saying soon. 

Potentially coming back ? 

Bloody hell, I'd completely forgotten about him.

Replacement suggested to the club if Surridge goes, goal scoring teenager not catching his team, but has played  several Premiership games. Not been on loan before and could be available I understand to give him some competitive matches.

Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

Edited by BP1960

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Replacement suggested to the club if Surridge goes, goal scoring teenager not catching his team, but has played  several Premiership games. Not been on loan before and could be available I understand to give him some competitive matches.

Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

Well done, BP. 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

.....Progress all depends on who our new manager is.

....to all those who think it doesn’t matter that Lemsagam’s behaviour is what it is, it’s his club he can do what he wants..... it matters who the manager is..... and he will struggle to attract a good manager.

35 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....to all those who think it doesn’t matter that Lemsagam’s behaviour is what it is, it’s his club he can do what he wants..... it matters who the manager is..... and he will struggle to attract a good manager.

Yeah, you’ve said about a dozen times various threads.  

Decent as in?  Who is available and ‘decent’ would you say?  

39 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Yeah, you’ve said about a dozen times various threads.  

Decent as in?  Who is available and ‘decent’ would you say?  

Forgive me, I’ll make a New Years resolution to copy more of your successful OWTB persona. :lol:

Bowyer & Hurst..... neither of which would touch us with a barge pole.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Forgive me, I’ll make a New Years resolution to copy more of your successful OWTB persona. :lol:

Not saying AL isn’t putting decent candidates off but both could get league one clubs so may hold out for that. 

What do do you think about Askey who’s apparently applied? Don’t know much about him but from what I’ve read I reckon he’d be a decent shout for a slowly slowly approach. 

10 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I forgive you. 🥳

Another factor is that we are league 2, I suspect both are aiming/hoping for higher. 

56 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I forgive you. 🥳

Another factor is that we are league 2, I suspect both are aiming/hoping for higher. 

Both would come if offered a decent package, some funds to strengthen this month and a competent and supportive chairman.

We have none of those things.

11 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Both would come if offered a decent package, some funds to strengthen this month and a competent and supportive chairman.

Both MIGHT come if we had all those things. The nature of sackings in the lower leagues tends to mean that clubs looking for managers at this time of year aren’t going to tick all those boxes. I don’t know how many of those boxes we tick. You must have more info than me. 

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Pretty supportive of Wellens last January, I would say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

What do do you think about Askey who’s apparently applied? Don’t know much about him but from what I’ve read I reckon he’d be a decent shout for a slowly slowly approach. 

Did well at Macc & Shrewsbury saw something in him, so I would definitely be meeting him if I were AL.