January Window Gossip/Rumours

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that seriously 10k a week?

Sigh.  It was a joke.  (I hope)

The article refers to €500k. This is the entire budget of the team he left. They are saying they couldn’t hold on to him within that budget. 

25 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Well, I've certainly seen worse than that in Leagues 1 & 2. Let's see if he can adapt to the English game. At least he's from the French 3rd Division rather than 4th or 5th.

Looks a giant.

For those non-Francophones who can't get a translated article to appear it says:

Midfielder Entente has signed a first year and a half professional contract with English club Oldham in the English fourth division.
It is a departure to which Entente Sannois-Saint-Gratien had prepared. Despite the difficulty of the team to exist in National (15th and first relegation), Mohamad Sylla has often pulled out of the game since the beginning of the season. To the point of arousing the interest of Ligue 2 and foreign clubs.

Already spotted in the previous exercise at the third French level he discovered, the midfielder 25 years chose to cross the Channel. A native of Ivry (Val-de-Marne), he signed a first professional contract a year and a half in Oldham, 10 th of League Two (fourth division English). “A dream comes true, loose the interested, already on the spot. Yesterday (Tuesday), I went to see a game at home, it’s crazy the number of spectators and the craze that exists here.

After playing in late December in Pau his last match with the Entente, where he played since 2013, Mohamad Sylla could make his debut Sunday in the FA Cup at ... Fulham (Premier League).
"For two years, he had more or less concrete contacts but he did not leave, comments the Val-d'Osois coach Vincent Bordot. It was impossible to hold him back. Mohamad was under amateur status, he signs pro, and will win far more than at home ... His departure is understandable. Recruit to replace it? We can not see our budget (570 000 €, the smallest of the National). And then, a player of his level is much more expensive than what he was offered! "

By the sound of it he's grabbed games by the scruff of the neck to get a result for his relatively poor side. 

Might be interesting to see how he does in England. 

Stolen from twitter:

STAT ATTACK ⚡⚽

Callum Lang’s goal against Port Vale was his 15th in the EFL since his debut in September 2017; of players aged 21 or under that are currently playing for one of the 72 clubs in the EFL, only Sam Surridge (16) has more in that time.

An Oldham double 👌

14 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

PNE interested in Edmundson apparently 

They’ll be hoping that ,if they get him, he’s not like the last young centre half they got from us. What was it , 3 games for their £500k ? 

I’m not sure about the value of George. If we signed a centre half for £200k, I would hope for someone better than he is at present. So I find it difficult to understand why Scunthorpe are bidding. Surely they’d want someone to go straight into the first team rather than back up and for considerable development?

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Misslou

Nepmeunco 

Bragner-Engone 

Maouche 

These have all been good signings hopefully he follows suit. Replacement for Lyden or Fane ? 

Whoa there....

Missile is beginning to look good after an average start.

Ditto Nepo, there were times last season when he looked lost and couldn’t catch the team. 

Branger. Nah, don’t rate him at all.

Maouche. Looked good recently, after 18 months of adding nothing but translation skills for £4K a week.

Placide. Great start. Awful in the end.

Omrani. Joke.

Moimbe. Liability.

The Duck. Splits opinion. I quite liked him, but I think he was a distraction from the Davies/Doyle combo that was working.

Benteke? Is he one of AL’s lads? I know he was at Palace, but he still could be. Poor.

Zeus. Who knows?

Edited by lookersstandandy