January Window Gossip/Rumours

10 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Misslou

Nepmeunco 

Bragner-Engone 

Maouche 

These have all been good signings hopefully he follows suit. Replacement for Lyden or Fane ? 

I’d have to totally disagree with you on a Branger tbh. Don’t personally think he’s any good from what I’ve seen. The other 3 imo are good enough tho. 

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d have to totally disagree with you on a Branger tbh. Don’t personally think he’s any good from what I’ve seen. The other 3 imo are good enough tho. 

Fair enough. He’s a lot better than Omrani that’s all I can say. 

That man was a fraud. 

5 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Whoa there....

Missile is beginning to look good after an average start.

Ditto Nepo, there were times last season when he looked lost and couldn’t catch the team. 

Branger. Nah, don’t rate him at all.

Maouche. Looked good recently, after 18 months of adding nothing but translation skills for £4K a week.

Placide. Great start. Awful in the end.

Omrani. Joke.

Moimbe. Liability.

The Duck. Splits opinion. I quite liked him, but I think he was a distraction from the Davies/Doyle combo that was working.

Benteke? Is he one of AL’s lads? I know he was at Palace, but he still could be. Poor.

Zeus. Who knows?

Thought Moimbe was a solid left back, would have been more than capable in this league. Maybe a bit hot headed. 

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Thought Moimbe was a solid left back, would have been more than capable in this league. Maybe a bit hot headed. 

Fair.... but his hot headedness cost us 2 points at home to Gillingham and arguably 2 away at B@stard Rovers.

I think it fair to say I can see signs that AL and his brother can pick a player from the French lower leagues that add value to the squad/team - and it’s not fair to expect every one they bring in to come off - but on the whole, they’ve been far from successful to date.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Signings are always hit and miss no matter where they come from. My only issue with the overseas signings is that it would potentially take them a while to settle in, both to the game and living overseas. Happens at all levels of the game. 

May explain why we’re seeing better performances this year (granted at a lower level). 

What may happen if we continue this policy is that there’s a decent infrastructure setup for these players to come in to and feel settled a lot more quickly than the first group of signings. 

Just now, nzlatic said:

Signings are always hit and miss no matter where they come from. My only issue with the overseas signings is that it would potentially take them a while to settle in, both to the game and living overseas. Happens at all levels of the game. 

May explain why we’re seeing better performances this year (granted at a lower level). 

What may happen if we continue this policy is that there’s a decent infrastructure setup for these players to come in to and feel settled a lot more quickly than the first group of signings. 

Slowly slowly.

13 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Whoa there....

Missile is beginning to look good after an average start.

Ditto Nepo, there were times last season when he looked lost and couldn’t catch the team. 

Branger. Nah, don’t rate him at all.

Maouche. Looked good recently, after 18 months of adding nothing but translation skills for £4K a week.

Placide. Great start. Awful in the end.

Omrani. Joke.

Moimbe. Liability.

The Duck. Splits opinion. I quite liked him, but I think he was a distraction from the Davies/Doyle combo that was working.

Benteke? Is he one of AL’s lads? I know he was at Palace, but he still could be. Poor.

Zeus. Who knows?

Nepo stopped catching the team because Wellens can’t spot a player and started tinkering. Him being dropped coincides exactly with the down turn in results.    With Missile and Maouche, perhaps they’d have started performing earlier if they had been given minutes... how they didn’t get games last year in that failing mess is beyond me.

Moinbe was was better than Taylor but hot headed and became frustrated when the team started to fail. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fair.... but his hot headedness cost us 2 points at home to Gillingham and arguably 2 away at B@stard Rovers.

I think it fair to say I can see signs that AL and his brother can pick a player from the French lower leagues that add value to the squad/team - and it’s not fair to expect every one they bring in to come off - but on the whole, they’ve been far from successful to date.

Couldn’t agree more. If he doesn’t do that against Gilingham we probably stay up. Obviously it’s not all his fault ect, but on the face of it, we do. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Nepo stopped catching the team because Wellens can’t spot a player and started tinkering. Him being dropped coincides exactly with the down turn in results.    With Missile and Maouche, perhaps they’d have started performing earlier if they had been given minutes... how they didn’t get games last year in that failing mess is beyond me.  

Misslou only signed this year in all fairness. 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Nepo is arguable. I thought he was pedestrian in some games....

....Missile wasn’t here last year.... and Maouche looked way off the pace in the odd cameo....

....Wellens can take a fair share of that blame too I agree.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

The Irish lad didn’t settle, is that the same? Or just because he was absolute shite? 

....and Benyu.... both Wellens signings (I assume)...  but this wasn’t a debate about Wellens.... it was a debate about AL & his brother’s foray into the French lower leagues.

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

....and Benyu.... both Wellens signings (I assume)...  but this wasn’t a debate about Wellens.... it was a debate about AL & his brother’s foray into the French lower leagues.

It has to be in context though for me. The ‘domestic’ signings (though ROI is a foreign country)  haven’t been any better mostly.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

It has to be in context though for me. The ‘domestic’ signings (though ROI is a foreign country)  haven’t been any better mostly.

Fair.... but I'd say the success rate of the domestic has been better....

Good (7): Davies, Doyle, Hunt, Dummigan, Bryan, Byrne, Gardner

Not Good (5): McEleney, Benyu, Duffus, Ruddy, Wilson

I also missed Menig and Kyeremeh off the Foreign import list , both failures.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Fair.... but I'd say the success rate of the domestic has been better....

Good (7): Davies, Doyle, Hunt, Dummigan, Bryan, Byrne, Gardner

Not Good (5): McEleney, Benyu, Duffus, Ruddy, Wilson

I also missed Menig and Kyeremeh off the Foreign import list , both failures.

There are 2 loans in that domestic list. Not sure they count really.  Byrne turned in to a massive liability and his career is in free fall.  

Edited by kowenicki

4 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

There are 2 loans in that domestic list. Not sure they count really.  Byrne turned in to a massive liability and his career is in free fall.  

Menig was a loan....still a waste of money. Byrne played a large part in a successful run just after Wellens took over..... Benyu Ruddy & Wilson were loans. If we remove loans, the Good list (in comparison) looks even better....

We've been linked to Entente SSG (French 3rd tier, about 8th tier then 😉) Mohammed Sylla.

Not to be confused with Mohammed Sylla of LB Châteauroux  from the 2nd tier who is 26 or 18 depending where you look. Or Mohammed Sylla (or even called Sylla Mohammed) rumoured to be released by Ghanian PRemier League Asante Kotoko .

Or maybe he is.

Edited by singe

1 minute ago, singe said:

We've been linked to Entente SSG (French 3rd tier, about 8th tier then 😉) Mohammed Sylla. Not to be confused with Mohammed Sylla of LB Châteauroux  from the 2nd tier. Or Mohammed Sylla or even Sylla Mohammed rumoured to be released by Ghanian PRemier League Asante Kotoko . Or maybe he is.

Where've you been for the last 14 hours.....?

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Menig was a loan....still a waste of money. Byrne played a large part in a successful run just after Wellens took over.....

Get with the programme, it was all Wellens' fault, unknown foreigners getting paid (big money in some instances) while others were constantly paid late had no effect at all on team spirit...