January Window Gossip/Rumours

18 minutes ago, Fervid said:

The one and only Nile Ranger at training today. 

Undoubtedly a very talented player on his day, but all the excess baggage he brings with him makes it a non starter for me.

Has this got Barry Owen written all over it?

Preston have bid £300k for George Edmundson apparently. But that was using the £200k  from Scunthorpe as info, later reported to be less. Make of it what you will. Maybe the AL & ML and creating a bidding war. At least! Don't want George to go though.

6 hours ago, singe said:

Preston have bid £300k for George Edmundson apparently. But that was using the £200k  from Scunthorpe as info, later reported to be less. Make of it what you will. Maybe the AL & ML and creating a bidding war. At least! Don't want George to go though.

They have a few quid to spend, today they have signed Stockley from Exeter for 750k  and Potts from Barnsley for 1.5 mil..

if only we had somebody like Trevor Hemmings behind us worth about 850 mil

Edited by fleetwood Blue

10 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

No I'm not..... Yes, all three of those players appear to be improving..... but we were relegated employing the import policy and sit mid table in the 4th division.

To date, it hasn't worked..... that's not to say it won't in the future.... and that I don't want it to... I'd be delighted if it did..... but to be re-writing history on the back of a handful of games - and that's all we're talking about in the case of Maouche - is equally 'denying'.

Fucking hell. I think I’ll give you a wide berth this weekend! 😳

Edited by maddog

1 hour ago, Sparkleking said:

Putting his off the field issues to one side, I'm not sure he would be that good a signing anyway.  According to the never wrong Wikipedia he has scored 26 goals in 160 appearances.  That isn't exactly prolific.

I wouldn’t sign him because he’s a massive cock, but he is a good player. If (massive IF) he has sorted his issues then he would be quality in League 2. He tore us a new one at BP a few years ago for Southend. 

Nile Range Career stats

At 27 years of Age he has managed to score 27 league goals in 10 seasons in the professional football. He's a 1 in 6 striker.

Anyone who thinks he would be a good signing or even a good footballer should be banned from owtb and made to go on a football awareness course. 

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Nile Range Career stats

At 27 years of Age he has managed to score 27 league goals in 10 seasons in the professional football. He's a 1 in 6 striker.

Anyone who thinks he would be a good signing or even a good footballer should be banned from owtb and made to go on a football awareness course. 

Most of the time he's been at Championship level. His two seasons, with a pre-season, at League one he scored 10 in 28 and 8 in 26. The 8 in 26 season was the year he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch at BP, but was subbed early. 

He would be a good signing at this level on the pitch. 

I'm very wary of him being signed when we don't have a manager as his off-the-pitch antics mean he should be signed with the full consent of the manager. 

Due to his reputation he is going to be very cheap for the potential production on the pitch.