January Window Gossip/Rumours

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Doesn't mean it couldn't be better, if you think being 10th in the league is fine then fair play but personally I'd of paired Surridge and Lang as a front two months ago but it's all about opinions.

I’d certainly have tried that. I can’t remember if we have, but I don’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d certainly have tried that. I can’t remember if we have, but I don’t think so. 

It's not inconceivable that we may see them up top on Sunday depending on the state of O'Gradys injury, bring Branger in out wide and give the two young lads a run out.

26 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Doesn't mean it couldn't be better, if you think being 10th in the league is fine then fair play but personally I'd of paired Surridge and Lang as a front two months ago but it's all about opinions.

Bit unfair on O'Grady, that. He's been excellent for a good few weeks now...

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Been saying it for weeks, in years to come when he's bagging 20+ a season as a centre forward we can humour ourselves about how he played as a wide midfielder in a season we missed out on the play offs by a point.

But he prefers to play out wide. Plenty of people on here moan about players being played out of position. Surely he performs better where he's happier?

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

But he prefers to play out wide. Plenty of people on here moan about players being played out of position. Surely he performs better where he's happier?

Rooney probably said the same thing when he was here stuck out on the left wing, iirc he said he was happy to play anywhere for the team and he was learning all the time, I'm pretty sure if you asked him his preference would be up top, regardless of where he says he prefers to play he's a natural finisher and can also be very direct, his repertoire of tricks isn't too shabby either for a front man, no doubt about it he will score plenty of goals for us and I'd be shocked if the new manager doesn't give him a run up top.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

Rooney probably said the same thing when he was here stuck out on the left wing, iirc he said he was happy to play anywhere for the team and he was learning all the time, I'm pretty sure if you asked him his preference would be up top, regardless of where he says he prefers to play he's a natural finisher and can also be very direct, his repertoire of tricks isn't too shabby either for a front man, no doubt about it he will score plenty of goals for us and I'd be shocked if the new manager doesn't give him a run up top.

He was asked his preference. Between central or out wide. He said out wide because he can cut in and run at his man. 

1 minute ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He was asked his preference. Between central or out wide. He said out wide because he can cut in and run at his man. 

Struggles defensively though, my points still stand and hopefully when he gets his run upfront he will take it.

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Amazing.  “No player worth his salt would want to stay in this circus” and I presume we used a locum “to do the paperwork” and a genius sports lawyer to work us out of “the embargo”.

Nah, you’re not getting an upbeat. The two posts above were way better. 😉

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Nah, you’re not getting an upbeat. The two posts above were way better. 😉

Awwww. Was just summarising in one concise post. Other two posts may have also been too subtle for the perpetrators of said bullshit. 

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Struggles defensively though, my points still stand and hopefully when he gets his run upfront he will take it.

I think Lang playing sort of wide has worked better with Nepo as genuine wide? Also with more solidity in the middle (sorry Dan)