January Window Gossip/Rumours

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

One of Buckley's relatives are one of the reasons he got released...

That explains the bitterness towards the club then!

Funny how i only hear the one sided dig at the club and they conveniently leave out that bit eh! 

14 hours ago, latics22 said:

Question for bp have u heard of Akwasi Asante?

a guy who works for me knows him , he’s on loan at Chester from Tamworth (who can’t afford his wages, apparently he’s on 600 a week) scored a hatrick at weekend.  

Not seen him, he appears to have had a lot of injury problems early in his career which might explain why he dropped into non league.

Seems clear of injuries now so well worth keeping an eye on.

• 2 weeks later...

There has been a scout from Preston at our last two matches. Very nice bloke, clearly knowledgeable about the game. Rates Lang but it’s clear from what he says, or smiles enigmatically about, that it’s Surridge he is watching.

Can someone say, definitively, what our loan arrangements are with Bournemouth?

Bournemouth (and us) have inserted a ‘review clause’ for January. It’s not done and dusted he’s staying.

However I think he’s happy here, if he goes into the championship will he play? He’s still a lot to learn never played above league two and he’s injured a lot. He’s been excellent for us but with a bit more poise could have had at least four or five more goals. 

Hopefully Bournemouth are happy with the arrangement but there’s at lest four or five other clubs sniffing round. Given Lang/Lyden are only here initially until January too - then it’s a big few week for Frank.

Edited by oafcprozac

14 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

There has been a scout from Preston at our last two matches. Very nice bloke, clearly knowledgeable about the game. Rates Lang but it’s clear from what he says, or smiles enigmatically about, that it’s Surridge he is watching.

Can someone say, definitively, what our loan arrangements are with Bournemouth?

I’ve scouted for Preston the last two years till the end of 17-18 season so spoke with a few people. They believe a deal can be done to sign him permanent. Break in loan deal which says can be recalled in Jan. Bournemouth offered him a new deal on back of Preston interest. 

Personally dont think going from L2 to Champ is good for young development. If anything send him for 6 months in L1. 

Hope he he stays though. 

Edited by adamoafc

Happy Christmas all.  Before I log off for festivities, do you think in just over 7 days time Uncle Abdallah will find a few quid to strengthen the team?  Looks increasingly likely Surridge will be gone so a new striker needed unless we unleash Duffus.  Winger too?  

I can understand Surridge wanting to play at a higher level ASAP, but he's in a team that's built around getting the best out of him.  Surely he can fill his boots here this season and go higher next?

If Lang stays it won't actually be a massive loss.  Not that Surridge isn't excellent at this level but it will allow us to play Lang in his strongest position and give us the chance to bring in a natural right-sided player.

31 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I can understand Surridge wanting to play at a higher level ASAP, but he's in a team that's built around getting the best out of him.  Surely he can fill his boots here this season and go higher next?

If Lang stays it won't actually be a massive loss.  Not that Surridge isn't excellent at this level but it will allow us to play Lang in his strongest position and give us the chance to bring in a natural right-sided player.

It will be a massive Loss is Surridge goes we need more than 1 person who we can rely on for goals Surridge is our main source of goals and Lang plays a good supporting role in this respect. After that Im not sure their is anyone who I would trust 100% to get double figure goals.

In 06/07 we had porter but we also had Liddell and Warne who got double figures and we scraped 6th in 02/03 we had the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the league and we still needed 3 players to get double figures in Eyres Winhjard and Andrews who all chipped in at different times in the season to get us into the play offs.

If Surridge goes then a striker comes the number 1 priority aswell as securing Lang.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It will be a massive Loss is Surridge goes we need more than 1 person who we can rely on for goals Surridge is our main source of goals and Lang plays a good supporting role in this respect. After that Im not sure their is anyone who I would trust 100% to get double figure goals.

In 06/07 we had porter but we also had Liddell and Warne who got double figures and we scraped 6th in 02/03 we had the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the league and we still needed 3 players to get double figures in Eyres Winhjard and Andrews who all chipped in at different times in the season to get us into the play offs.

If Surridge goes then a striker comes the number 1 priority aswell as securing Lang.

If Surridge goes we are fucked, as demonstrated by his time out of the team earlier in the season.