Fulham F.C.: Directions, Beer & Food

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

My ticket has a block a seat number and a row so I would assume so yes surely people arent going to be bothered by this? If its allocated seating go to your allocated seat if you dont like it then find a spare one after kick off once everyone has found theirs.

Seating is unreserved...get in early if you want a choice id say

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I initially thought 2000 would be a decent effort, double the 2800 at Forest would be stretching a bit much and anywhere near 5000 would be phenomenal, imagine what we'd take if we were ever successful again, on a serious note though it would be nice if some of the day trippers could make it to the odd league game or two, everyones circumstances are different and having been an exile I appreciate that but just a couple of hundred on our home league games would make a huge difference to our finances, still gonna enjoy what promises to be a fantastic day out though win, lose or draw.

Aye, games like this just highlight how embarrassing the home support is.

Just now, oafc1955 said:

Come on then Einstein enlighten me😴

A day out at the most attractive venue in the capital city in what is likely to be fantastic atmosphere where a good result is a bonus vs. an afternoon out in decrepit surroundings with the general atmosphere of a morgue where expectations are spectacularly low and have generally delivered on those expectations for a couple of decades.  Not much of a contest really.

Just now, NewBlue said:

I’m not sure it really does. It demonstrates a lot of young lads in Oldham like to get on the piss

It’s more likely that family and friends are coming along for a day out. One of my southern based mates ( a Latics fan) has persuaded his wife, daughter and husband, son and a couple of other mates to come along...

I did offer my missus a ticket as a birthday present but she surprisingly turned me down...🤔

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s more likely that family and friends are coming along for a day out. One of my southern based mates ( a Latics fan) has persuaded his wife, daughter and husband, son and a couple of other mates to come along...

I did offer my missus a ticket as a birthday present but she surprisingly turned me down...🤔

Get her a new hoover instead

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Persuade them to come to home games and days like these can become a regular occurrence.

48 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

I’m not sure it really does. It demonstrates a lot of young lads in Oldham like to get on the piss

This is it for me, even at Crewe there were loads of younger people who don’t bother with a single home game, I was talking to a group of about 10 lads on the train, and between them they had been to about 10 home games in 3 seasons. I can sort of understand it to be honest, I prefer away days every day of the week, but i’d still be lost on a Saturday afternoon if we were at home and I wasn’t there. 

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Apart from the obvious ie. win more games, what can we do to get supporters into BP.

That game on Saturday was arguably the biggest game of our season, we’d just played Tranmere and Crewe off the park away from home and yet we could only muster up 3800 homers.

The old excuses about the BP experience, the weather and that it was the week before Christmas will come out but that really is shocking.

Like in the ‘pinch me’ era a lengthy cup run might ignite our season but our pathetic home attendances are baffling and in direct contrast to our away followings!

Think the weather is a geniune reason for Saturday though, was absolutely atrocious. Would have had at least 3/400 more if it was a clear day.

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I hope the weather's shit, you all have your rights abused extensively by the police, they run out of pies, there's widespread infighting over allocated seats and we draw 0-0 before winning the replay in style after my return from Thailand. 

I hope @ThaiLatic finds you a bar in Bangkok that’s showing the match, you turn up and there’s only the two of you among a sea of Fulham fans. They’re giving you loads, dismissing our Team, ridiculing us for being in the Premier League in the wrong era & acting all flash as is the wont of your indigenous Landander. The match begins and Frankie’s team attacks from the off and we score a bagful in a manner reminiscent of the pinch me era. All of a sudden, they’ve gone quiet, some have filtered out. They don’t look so flash anymore. You & @ThaiLatic - 4 or 5 singha’s in- begin to emerge from the shadows, understated but cool as fk. Two of the most beautiful girls in the bar make their way over. You regale them with all your best stories before you all disappear into the sunset in the back of two mopeds. One of the best day/nights in recent memory...... only for you to get back to your hotel to find you’ve pulled a ladyboy.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I hope @ThaiLatic finds you a bar in Bangkok that’s showing the match, you turn up and there’s only the two of you among a sea of Fulham fans. They’re giving you loads, dismissing our Team, ridiculing us for being in the Premier League in the wrong era & acting all flash as is the wont of your indigenous Landander. The match begins and Frankie’s team attacks from the off and we score a bagful in a manner reminiscent of the pinch me era. All of a sudden, they’ve gone quiet, some have filtered out. They don’t look so flash anymore. You & @ThaiLatic - 4 or 5 singha’s in- begin to emerge from the shadows, understated but cool as fk. Two of the most beautiful girls in the bar make their way over. You regale them with all your best stories before you all disappear into the sunset in the back of two mopeds. One of the best day/nights in recent memory...... only for you to get back to your hotel to find you’ve pulled a ladyboy.

Mods - ladyboyism going on. Get it sorted please.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I initially thought 2000 would be a decent effort, double the 2800 at Forest would be stretching a bit much and anywhere near 5000 would be phenomenal, imagine what we'd take if we were ever successful again, on a serious note though it would be nice if some of the day trippers could make it to the odd league game or two, everyones circumstances are different and having been an exile I appreciate that but just a couple of hundred on our home league games would make a huge difference to our finances, still gonna enjoy what promises to be a fantastic day out though win, lose or draw.

I'll be classed as a day tripper in the current climate but have visited 80 grounds watching Latics and had a ST for much of my life. The potential is there.

Edited by longtimeblue

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

3,000 after just one day of general sale, personally I think we will easily shift another 1,500+ over the next couple of weeks. Maybe that’s overly optimistic but many thought we’d struggle to take 2,000 when the draw was initially announced. Our support is outstanding. 

Hope I’m proved massively wrong, but I reckon quite a few season ticket holders will have bought tickets for non season tickets holders, so open sale might not go as well as you think.

Whatever happens though 3500 to London on a Sunday afternoon for a game we’ll most likely lose is unbelievable support.

21 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Whatever happens though 3500 to London on a Sunday afternoon for a game we’ll most likely lose is unbelievable support.

Agreed. I just hope that all who turn up are on top form, behave themselves... and get solidly behind the team. We may well lose but I imagine that the team will be inspired by the huge numbers and give their all. 

Maybe just maybe...

14 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

It wasn't so long ago I would've taken that.... :lol: