Fulham F.C.: Directions, Beer & Food

6 hours ago, spadam said:

Does anyone know the last time man united wasn’t on tele? You have to look though the history books for that. Liverpool on tele aswell it’s a disgrace. They are always chasing money. 

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Last season wasn’t it?

Yep, one paper finally cottoned on that Man United not being on TV, for the first time in 50-odd games was newsworthy. Their game v Derby, in the 3rd round last year wasn't shown. 

The BBC showing an all-Premier League tie is not a surprise. Because they don't show any live Premier League they are always likely to choose one. Wolves v Liverpool may be a good game, although the League version is on the Friday before Xmas, so may well be on TV, anyway. 

Given the way they barely covered the fact there were 2 teams at Maidstone, which Dan Walker blamed on the fact that we hadn't arrived, when he was picked up on it. A BS excuse, if I ever heard one. I'm less bothered. 

Them choosing the Welsh team v Leicester, isn't much of a surprise either due to the need to show some Welsh stuff as part of their programming as a consequence of their tax. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Whether we like it or not, Man United appeal more to the viewing public than any other club in the world. Of course they're going to televise their match...

Absolutely true. A purely business decision. As Kowenicki says, they can fuck off when they spout on about the romance of the cup.

"It's the FA cup, anything can happen"

(as long as anything includes televising Manure, terms and conditions apply).

According to the website... 

"Latics will play seven games before that Fulham tie comes around and with a depilated squad through injuries, Bunn is hoping to get through without any additional injury problems."

Could get a bit hairy by then. 

46 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

"Latics will play seven games before that Fulham tie comes around and with a depilated squad through injuries, Bunn is hoping to get through without any additional injury problems."

When can we bring players in?

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Whether we like it or not, Man United appeal more to the viewing public than any other club in the world. Of course they're going to televise their match...

Of course.... but everyone is entitled to a right good rant about it..... the fookin dirty red c*nts.

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Of course.... but everyone is entitled to a right good rant about it..... the fookin dirty red c*nts.

Ironically the TV bosses were criticised heavily for showing the Manure v Reading fixture two seasons ago and left them off the schedule last season versus Derby County for the first time in years. All about the viewing figures unfortunately and whether you hate them or loathe them they will pull the biggest audience.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Hoping for a few smooth finishes... 

1 hour ago, leeslover said:

You couldn't blame a commercial channel for showing United more than others, but isn't the point of the BBC that it doesn't have to operate like that (asking for 184,000 people per year prosecuted for non payment of the licence fee)

Dunno, but I reckon @HarryBosch might have an opinion on the BBC?

22 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Hold your horses. It doesn’t mean anything yet as none of Chelsea, Brentford or QPR have been moved either....

Televised games;

Southport/Trannies v Spurs 7:45pm Fri BT2

Man Yoo v Reading (yawn) 12:30 Sat BT2

Solihull/Blackpool v Arsenal 5:30pm Sat BT2

Woking v Watford 2pm Sun BT2

Wrexham/Newport v Leicester 4:30 Sun BBC

Wolves v Liverpool Mon 7:45 BBC

Do we reckon this will definitely be on the Saturday?

30 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Do we reckon this will definitely be on the Saturday?

There seems like too many games in the capital for the police to be happy with it for me. It's a pain in the arse not knowing for sure.

Millwall v Hull City 

Fulham v Oldham

Chelsea v Nottingham Forest 

Brentford v Oxford United

Crystal Palace v Grimsby 

West Ham v Birmingham

All still scheduled to kick off at 3 on the Saturday as things stand - absolute carnage if you ask me as there is bound to be some large firms out that day.

Edited by yarddog73

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There seems like too many games in the capital for the police to be happy with it for me. It's a pain in the arse not knowing for sure.

Millwall v Hull City 

Fulham v Oldham

Chelsea v Nottingham Forest 

Brentford v Oxford United

Crystal Palace v Grimsby 

West Ham v Birmingham

All still scheduled to kick off at 3 on the Saturday as things stand - absolute carnage if you ask me as there is bound to be some large firms out that day.

Exactly. I want to book trains etc but can't help feeling that something will get moved.