Fulham F.C.: Directions, Beer & Food

And another thought, the majority of the 4,000 Latics fans should now be rocking up for that final beer in their local 🍺

- respect to each and everyone who made the journey down. 👏 

*so far our cup run has been a southern Away day treat for us exiles - time for a home game?

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Boundary Park can be seen as a horrible place to come for opposition teams in deep winter in the FA cup see Liverpool 2013 Man city 2005.

its been horrible for us home fans for many a season so I have no sympathy for away fans

Oh man, what a day out. The Oldham fans were amazing, the Putney End was absolutely rocking for the whole 90 minutes. My favourite bit was when we conceded, the crowd barely missed a beat before launching into, "We all play in blue and tangerine" as though the goal hadn't happened. Almost brought a tear to this exile's eye.

And what a great team performance. Does Missilou play like that every week? How strong is Branger-Engone? A real Captain Fantastic performance from Peter Clarke. Great penalty save from Iverson. Amazing team spirit, Pete Wild has done something right and Frankie Bunn can't have been too wide of the mark for that team spirit to be there.

So what a day. They're what it's all about aren't they? I'll take today to my grave. Brilliant performance by my home town team, cheered and sung on for 90 minutes by the amazing Oldham following. Unbelievable.

COYB

Amazing atmosphere and truly great away day. The players did themselves proud, Missilou consistently won the ball back in midfield and Clarke led the defensive line like a real trooper. Gevaro’ s work and cross for the second was superb, and Iverson’s penalty save was dream stuff.

Arrived in Fulham yesterday afternoon and spent the entire evening and Sunday morning in bed after coming down with flu. Dragged my arse to the game, and my god, did my fellow OAFC fans make it worth it. An absolute credit to the club. You won’t see better support in the FA Cup this season.

Managed some food and a singular pint, now back in bed.

💙🧡

Edited by ShireBlue

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Don't think we'd have won if it wasn’t given, the save gave momentum. 

I agree, it seemed to be written in the stars after that.

There was me worrying about the talent to come off their bench. Sessegnon gave away a penalty and Mitrovic missed his.

My 9 year olds first away game. As long as he doesn’t expect 4,000 fans and Premiership cup scalps every week, he’ll be ok.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Don't think we'd have won if it wasn’t given, the save gave momentum. 

No we would have lost if it had gone in

The number 7 was clean through and he missed at 1-0 That would have killed us off but it didn't. The referee might of missed the foul on Clarke for the penalty but he didn't.

For whatever reason we won today it was written. Perhaps Opinions4u had a word with the big man upstairs who knows it happened.

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No we would have lost if it had gone in

The number 7 was clean through and he missed at 1-0 That would have killed us off but it didn't. The referee might of missed the foul on Clarke for the penalty but he didn't.

For whatever reason we won today it was written. Perhaps Opinions4u had a word with the big man upstairs who knows it happened.

I’ve been thinking  about Opinions4u and Gordon L a lot this evening. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josh_latics said:

Think that's the best away I've ever done. What a result, what a noise throughout. Missilou and Clarke outstanding. 

So chuffed for Wild. That video of his celebration is incredible - and he deserved it, got it spot on today. Could have chucked Baxter and Sam on at 1-0 and chased it, but he backed us and himself and the system and it paid off. Give him the job if he wants it, what a superstar. 

If you couldn't make it, go on the # and watch some videos.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/oafc?s=09

This is the one of the best: 

I've shared that too, mainly because that's from the Fulham end! How bloody loud were we! 

If that's what the players hear, no wonder we won! 

12th & 13th man today! 

Edited by singe

On a huge high still after that. Superb day all round. Temperance pub before the game was something to behold. Not sure there was a single non Latics fan in there. Was worried that we started the game slowly and gave them too much of the ball,   Missolou’s tacking superb first half and they really didn’t give us many problems. Second half they passed us to death but we hung in there and what an unreal last 15. As mentioned above their goal seemed surreal and the singing just continued as if it never happened. Our penalty a stonewaller but would have been ignored by less competent refs - thought Taylor superb other than their travesty of a pen. Suppose VAR upheld it due to slight contact but still never a pen. Then justice was done and gave us the momentum to win the game. Spare a thought for Frankie Bunn, must be strange to see his team achieve without him but warmed the heart even further to see Pete W on MOTD. 

COYB

16 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

On a huge high still after that. Superb day all round. Temperance pub before the game was something to behold. Not sure there was a single non Latics fan in there. Was worried that we started the game slowly and gave them too much of the ball,   Missolou’s tacking superb first half and they really didn’t give us many problems. Second half they passed us to death but we hung in there and what an unreal last 15. As mentioned above their goal seemed surreal and the singing just continued as if it never happened. Our penalty a stonewaller but would have been ignored by less competent refs - thought Taylor superb other than their travesty of a pen. Suppose VAR upheld it due to slight contact but still never a pen. Then justice was done and gave us the momentum to win the game. Spare a thought for Frankie Bunn, must be strange to see his team achieve without him but warmed the heart even further to see Pete W on MOTD. 

COYB

I think that is what Frankie was trying to achieve, plus 100% commitment, but it never seemed quite to gel seamlessly. PW seems to have just got that extra something his 3 games. 

27 minutes ago, singe said:

I've shared that too, mainly because that's from the Fulham end! How bloody loud were we! 

If that's what the players hear, no wonder we won! 

12th & 13th man today! 

Brought a tear to my eye watching that. 

Gutted I couldn’t go.

Chuffed for those that did. 

It’s days like this that make it all worth while. 

3 hours ago, singe said:

We were LOUD!

This is from the Fulham end!

Insertting tweets is really frustrating! Not sure why it doesnlt often work

https://twitter.com/tomcoates_1882/status/1081971537023025152

Were you the guy I saw walking away from the Fulham end wearing a Bovis shirt,  with an attractive young lady wearing a Fulham scarf and an unimpressed frown?