Fulham F.C.: Directions, Beer & Food

9 hours ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

PW came across really well on MOTD. He might never manage the club again but he’s always got today and 100% winning record if he doesn’t.

I’d like to see him get a crack until we’re out. I think it will massively benefit the side to have him leading them into the next rounds.

33 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Loved to see Jose getting involved yesterday. He will have been buzzin for Lang almost as much as Lang was and l like to see things like that.

I noticed that, Jose walking out with Pete then jumping up and down with him when the winner went in, Jose's beard though hahah

Most has already been said on here, even our weakest 2 players Maouche and O'Grady put a great shift in.  Brilliant day, great ground, amazing fans!

Moments of magic from Iverson and Lang will live long in the memory as will the calmness of Surridge for the pen.  But the standouts were Clarke who would get MotM any other day of the week if it wasn't for Missilou.  He showed glimpses of what he could do at Yeovil earlier in the season, but that was an incredible display of breaking up play in midfield and composure on the ball after.  Let's make sure he's signed up beyond this season!

11 hours ago, singe said:

I've shared that too, mainly because that's from the Fulham end! How bloody loud were we! 

If that's what the players hear, no wonder we won! 

12th & 13th man today! 

hairs on the back of my neck....bloody beautiful and I don't know if it was a latics fan in the Fulham end or a Fulham fan but fair play to them recording us.

The win was the first thing I thought about this morning when I woke up before I’d even opened my eyes. 

It really has lifted my mood on a dark rainy day. 

And the support from those lucky enough to be there is as great as the action on the pitch. 

Days like yesterday are rare but boy oh boy aren’t they sweet when they roll around. 

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Most has already been said on here, even our weakest 2 players Maouche and O'Grady put a great shift in.  Brilliant day, great ground, amazing fans!

Moments of magic from Iverson and Lang will live long in the memory as will the calmness of Surridge for the pen.  But the standouts were Clarke who would get MotM any other day of the week if it wasn't for Missilou.  He showed glimpses of what he could do at Yeovil earlier in the season, but that was an incredible display of breaking up play in midfield and composure on the ball after.  Let's make sure he's signed up beyond this season!

If Missilou isn't signed up longer term very soon then the assumed business model of bringing over players, getting them in the shop window and selling them on is shot.

10 minutes ago, alwaysblue said:

so as you think he had no impact,do you think we would have still won with 10 men?

I suspect it would have been harder but not impossible.

But having an opinion on the game isn't allowed unless it is 100% positive so disregard this.

I don't hardly know where to start. Stinking cold, a head like a robber's dog and my throat feels like it's been sandpapered since Friday, but I was never going to miss that. What a day. Fulham played all their pretty, pretty stuff in front of us and I thought we kept our shape pretty well. I was worried when they scored, because it was so easy for them, but credit to every single man in blue. And credit to the 4,000 Latics fans too; a goal down and they sang even louder and never stopped.

Boy, did we deserve that equaliser. Their penalty was an absolute joke, illustrated by Lyden standing over Cairney telling him what he thought of him. Johnathan Pearce on MOTD said it wan't a pen and those in the studio reckoned VAR had got it wrong. Poetic justice prevailed - Iversen's save was brilliant and no more than Fulham (and Cairney) deserved.

But that winner!. What a cross from Nepomuceno and Lang's header was inch perfect. I thought the away stand was going to collapse with all that bouncing around. That day will stay with me as long as I live. Missilou's tackling, Clarke's bravery, Iversen's save, the two goals, it had it all. I still feel like crap, but do I care? Do I buggery. I'm on top of the world.

Latics, PW, the fans - I'm so proud of you all.

• Like 1

Fair play to many Fulham fans who were very complementary after the match about our play and attitude on and off the pitch, so many said we deserved it through pure effort and 'wanting it' more - also several said they were disgusted with their 'dive' to get a penalty, a good few said it was not the Fulham way to cheat and were glad it was (brilliantly !) saved as they didnt want to win by cheating !! Refreshing for oppo fans to say things like this, but hey ho, we won deservedly , onwards and upwards ! 

Here's my pictures/video album from yesterday. By the way, I had such a good feeling about what was going to happen that I wrote the description at the start of the picture album on the day before the game, and didn't need to change a word! 😎

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157675187600047