Fulham F.C.: Directions, Beer & Food

Despite it being my first day back in work after the Christmas break I've been sat here grinning all day thinking about yesterday.  What an afternoon!

Started when I was walking over Putney Bridge and could hear the chants coming up the river as the party boat came in to dock.  A lot of heads were turned by that, great noise!

The game had a bit of everything and the constant noise from the fans was amazing, not even breaking stride when Fulham scored.  Thought we were good value for the win, yes they had a lot of possession but we created chances, pressed and were confident on the ball.  Stand outs were the whole defence and Missilou.  And thought Branger was a threat throughout.  A few issues over final balls but that's why we're in league 2.  And when it really mattered Nepo delivered an absolute peach of a cross for the winner.

Presume Cairney will be getting a retrospective ban like that Hampton guy?  Or maybe not.

Brilliant day to be an Oldham fan.  Just amazing. 💙  :chubb:

I’ve been on the most boring course known to man today . I can hardly speak. I’m as high as a kite and not one person around me had a clue why I was sitting with a stupid grin on my face! 

Edited by 4oakslatic
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Here's my pictures/video album from yesterday. By the way, I had such a good feeling about what was going to happen that I wrote the description at the start of the picture album on the day before the game, and didn't need to change a word! 😎

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/albums/72157675187600047

Well done, DS. A brilliant record of a truly fantastic day. It was so good to see you again; not bumped into you for ages. Best wishes to Mrs Sideburns, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Well done, DS. A brilliant record of a truly fantastic day. It was so good to see you again; not bumped into you for ages. Best wishes to Mrs Sideburns, too.

Cheers! I'm not one to recommend hanging about in the gents, but it's surprising who you meet in there! 😊

2 hours ago, misty-blue said:

Fair play to many Fulham fans who were very complementary after the match about our play and attitude on and off the pitch, so many said we deserved it through pure effort and 'wanting it' more - also several said they were disgusted with their 'dive' to get a penalty, a good few said it was not the Fulham way to cheat and were glad it was (brilliantly !) saved as they didnt want to win by cheating !! Refreshing for oppo fans to say things like this, but hey ho, we won deservedly , onwards and upwards ! 

They're a classy bunch, the Fulham fans, and lots of other clubs' fans regularly say Craven Cottage is their favourite away ground.

I was sat in the Riverside stand with my daughter and her boyfriend and we all said the Fulham fans seemed a bit genteel and mild-mannered for football fans! But they were very sporting. I like Ranieri as well and it was nice to hear Pete Wild on MOTD say he enjoyed having a drink with him afterwards (bet he never imagined that might happen a couple of weeks ago!). I hope they stay up.

41 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

Here's my pictures/video album from yesterday. By the way, I had such a good feeling about what was going to happen that I wrote the description at the start of the picture album on the day before the game, and didn't need to change a word! 😎

Great pictures! 👍

Just got home now and im still buzzing. I brought 2 united fans and a liverpool fan with me for there first latics game and they absolutely loved it. The liverpool fan was dancing like pete wild when we scored the winner. What a day.

Quote from the fulhamweb fans' forum:

I’ve never been embarrassed to be a Fulham supporter. Not even when we lose to a league 2 team, not when we are beaten week in and week out in the premier league. Not when Felix was making us a laughing stock. Not even during the dark days of the ‘80’s. Through it all I’ve always been able to hold my head up high and be proud to be Fulham. But when our players believe the only way to win a game is by diving in the box, then, I’m embarrassed to say I’m Fulham.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, TheBigDog said:

Agreed. I just hope that all who turn up are on top form, behave themselves... and get solidly behind the team. We may well lose but I imagine that the team will be inspired by the huge numbers and give their all. 

Maybe just maybe...

It happened BigDog - other than the lose bit 👍

18 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I've added some more videos from Sunday. This one captures the bouncing away end!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/diego_sideburns/45936393774/in/dateposted/

On 1/6/2019 at 3:04 PM, justatic said:

For all who want to relive their dreams this video link of the overseas broadcast  coverage  from a very infrequent poster (many thanks justatic)  is still showing the complete game.

An added bonus is the HT camera work which gives many close ups of fans chatting/munching on crisps etc and the extended FT celebrations with more close ups of Latics fans.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

For all who want to relive their dreams this video link of the overseas broadcast  coverage  from a very infrequent poster (many thanks justatic)  is still showing the complete game.

An added bonus is the HT camera work which gives many close ups of fans chatting/munching on crisps etc and the extended FT celebrations with more close ups of Latics fans.

Looking forward to seeing this, qutie a few bits missed due to tall blokes in front of me!