• Hunt
    • Lang
    • Missilou
    • Maouche
    • Nepomuceno
    • Surridge
    • O'Grady

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We know you like him you've made no secret of that but he's done nothing previously to suggest he'd operate at high end League 1 level, I will give credit where it's due and he's had a couple of steady games against non league and bottom end League 2 teams but in the same way you shout those down who wrote him off you can't big him up to be something he clearly hasn't shown yet, it does take players time to adjust and he may well be just finding his feet but let's see how he gets on against an in form Bury next week who are particularly strong in the middle of the park, if he bosses that I think we've found a player but my guess is he will just go missing again.

Winning the midfield battle against Bury will be difficult. I hope he’s up to the test. 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

I think people are a bit blinded to fact he’s been invisible for so long.

Do they know they are blind? If so, how so?

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Maouche hasnt improved any as far as i can see. He has always been very tidy. For some reason he has just been out of favour. Maybe the #frenchlads tag didnt hold sway in some quarters.

Very pleased to see him on the pitch

25 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Do they know they are blind? If so, how so?

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Maouche hasnt improved any as far as i can see. He has always been very tidy. For some reason he has just been out of favour. Maybe the #frenchlads tag didnt hold sway in some quarters.

Very pleased to see him on the pitch

Hasn''t made much of an impression until lately, but looks the sort of player who can find space and pick a pass to open up defences. With willing runners around him he may have found his role in this team.

A good striker of the ball too so might chip in with a few goals.

Credit to the lad for overcoming a difficult transitional period and the chaos of last season.

Edited by BP1960

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hasn''t made much of an impression until lately, but looks the sort of player who can find space and pick a pass to open up defences. With willing runners around him he may have found his role in this team.

A good striker of the ball too so might chip in with a few goals.

Credit to the lad for overcoming a difficult transitional period and the chaos of last season.

Agree with all of this to be honest BP.

Think the assessment of him being good enough for top end league 1 is a bit quick, he's only played a few minutes here and there up until recently, but does look very neat and tidy so far. 

Tried a couple of wonderful passes in the past few games, 1 against Lincoln in particular which almost came off. I think with a bit more match Sharpness from Surridge and Maouche himself and they will start coming off. 

He seems Very positive though which is good to see, tries to make things happen. 

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We know you like him you've made no secret of that but he's done nothing previously to suggest he'd operate at high end League 1 level, I will give credit where it's due and he's had a couple of steady games against non league and bottom end League 2 teams but in the same way you shout those down who wrote him off you can't big him up to be something he clearly hasn't shown yet, it does take players time to adjust and he may well be just finding his feet but let's see how he gets on against an in form Bury next week who are particularly strong in the middle of the park, if he bosses that I think we've found a player but my guess is he will just go missing again.

I've never been his biggest fan, and agree that he can't afford go missing against Bury. He needs to show he's up for the fight.

My main reservations about him have always been whether he can hack it when the going gets tough, and put his foot in where it hurts if necessary.

Bury are the divisions leading scorers by some way and unless he gets stuck-in Bury could overrun us. 

I'd love it if he has a stormer and proves the doubters ...including myself wrong. Lets wait and see.

Edited by Londonboy

48 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I've never been his biggest fan, and agree that he can't afford go missing against Bury. He needs to show he's up for the fight.

My main reservations about him have always been whether he can hack it when the going gets tough, and put his foot in where it hurts if necessary.

Bury are the divisions leading scorers by some way and unless he gets stuck-in Bury could overrun us. 

I'd love it if he has a stormer and proves the doubters ...including myself wrong. Lets wait and see.

Maouche is not that sort of player. Leave it to Missilou to put his foot in and Maouche to hit that defense splitting pass. 

It will also be interesting to see if Lyden is back for Saturday to bolster the midfield.

Genuine question and I'm not saying it in an arsey way but how many of these defence splitting passes have created a goal? I know he's a tidy player he has the look of one of these players the greedy league academies seem to churn out who are technically very good I'm just interested to know how many goals he's been involved in for us.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Genuine question and I'm not saying it in an arsey way but how many of these defence splitting passes have created a goal? I know he's a tidy player he has the look of one of these players the greedy league academies seem to churn out who are technically very good I'm just interested to know how many goals he's been involved in for us.

He's not played much, but I can see he has this ability to split a defence with a shrewd pass.

Surridge once he regains his sharpness in front of goal will thrive from such service.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Maouche is not that sort of player. Leave it to Missilou to put his foot in and Maouche to hit that defense splitting pass. 

It will also be interesting to see if Lyden is back for Saturday to bolster the midfield.

I know he's not that sort of player...that's sort of my point.

If we start as at Crewe, with a midfield 4 of Lang, Missilou, Maouche and Nepo, and Maouche isn't up for this one, we will struggle. Bury at the moment are a completely different kettle of fish than Cambridge or Crewe, and they will likely rough him up early on and target him.

I'd start Lyden and Missilou as a middle 2 v Bury and bring on Maouche if we need him.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

If we start as at Crewe, with a midfield 4 of Lang, Missilou, Maouche and Nepo, and Maouche isn't up for this one, we will struggle. Bury at the moment are a completely different kettle of fish than Cambridge or Crewe, and they will likely rough him up early on and target him.

I'd start Lyden and Missilou as a middle 2 v Bury and bring on Maouche if we need him.

So play two defensive midfielders?! Give over. 

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Why wouldn’t he be up for it?  Why will they target him?   This is just not supported by any facts or common sense.  Are you now suggesting Bury have scoured us in the last two matches and their main focus is Maouche? Bloody hell, he’s better than I thought.  Secondly... Gardner hardly stuck his boot in did he, so what’s the difference? 

Edited by kowenicki