Misheard Chant Lyrics

It sounds like our fans sing, 

"Up the football here we go". 

But I'm questioning if that's my hearing, as what I've always sung was 

"Up the football league we go." The other doesn't seem to make sense. Or has the air of Roger Nouveau about it. 

Any one else know of any lyrics they've 'misheard'? 

He scores goals with his left foot, 

He scores goals with his right,

And when we play Man City

He'll score goals all fookin night!

I also propose banning orders for anyone who sings "Up the football, here we go.."

Edited by JoeP

When singing Keep the blue flag flying high I still to this day don’t know one bit properly. 

So i sing-

We’ll keep the blue flag flying high, flying high up in the sky, WE’ll FACE THE FALL WHEREVER WE GO.  (Wtf does that even mean???) We’ll keep the blue flag flying high. 

Every time I know it’s wrong. 

I hate myself. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

When singing Keep the blue flag flying high I still to this day don’t know one bit properly. 

So i sing-

We’ll keep the blue flag flying high, flying high up in the sky, WE’ll FACE THE FALL WHEREVER WE GO.  (Wtf does that even mean???) We’ll keep the blue flag flying high. 

I hate myself. 

..flying high up in the sky, we’ll keep the blue flag flying high. We’ll face the foe where’er we go, we’ll keep the blue flag flying high.

5 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Not misheard but wrong words - ‘We all play in blue and tangerine’. No ‘we all’ don’t. ‘Oldham play in blue and tangerine’. 

lad who sits near me...his girlfriend believes its..."we are live in a yellow tangerine, a yellow tangerine, a yellow tangerine...."....no joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

So i sing-

I hate myself. 

7 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Not misheard but wrong words - ‘We all play in blue and tangerine’. No ‘we all’ don’t. ‘Oldham play in blue and tangerine’. 

In the 60s, when Latics did play in those colours, the song was “Our team plays in blue and tangerine”. Sung on Barlow coaches, in the Chaddy End, and on away terraces. 

• Like 1