Weather?

It's going to pour down and be very windy apparently, so I shouldn't think there will be a problem. There is also snow forecast for the afternoon during the game, or maybe before. Ice Station Zebra will certainly live up to it's name. Pity we aren't playing some southern softies.

According to FB Maouch is available tomorrow. His sending off only applies to Checkatrade games. They are also talking to Villa and Wigan to keep Lyden and Lang until the end of the season. Also looking to strengthen in areas (FB wouldn't say where).   

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

According to FB Maouch is available tomorrow. His sending off only applies to Checkatrade games. They are also talking to Villa and Wigan to keep Lyden and Lang until the end of the season. Also looking to strengthen in areas (FB wouldn't say where).   

That's brought some sunshine to my day

3 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

Just think the same thing. Met office reporting -2 in parts. As the frost covers don't work below that it could be touch and go. 

Lets hope its on

They work down to -5 apparently our frost covers from previous years of helping to clear snow off the pitch. Granted might not be as low as that as the frost covers are really old. 

3 hours ago, Fyldelatic said:

Weather forecast is zero during tonight and Saturday temperature no higher than +1. Will there be frozen patch in the shadow of main stand which may lead to the match being postponed?

Might be worth checking in the morning, they have just a warning on the radio about try and keep off the motorways tomorrow due to snow and ice..

im leaving at about 1pm just incase the weathers crap..

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Man I hope they both stay until the end.  Maybe even sign Lang from Wigan.  I don't think Villa would want to part with Lyden.

MATCH FORECAST ⚽

@OfficialOAFC v @buryfcofficial 

I can't see any #weather issues to threaten the game.

Bitterly cold, gusty winds making it feel like -6°C. Rain, sleet & perhaps some snow for a while, arriving late-afternoon. Extra layers needed!

1°C

#oafc #IceStationZebra

off Oldham Weather (twitter)

2 hours ago, U.S. Blues said:

Man I hope they both stay until the end.  Maybe even sign Lang from Wigan.  I don't think Villa would want to part with Lyden.

Would agree with you about them both staying on loan that would be great.  Funnily enough though re their long term future I would think  Lyden is the one most likely to be let go. Villa must be planning for the premier league and I don't think he's done enough to be included in plans for that. Lang however might be good enough to scrap around the bottom reaches of the championship or top of the first whjch is where i would expect wigwam to be next year.

Latest I heard from the Met site was that the rain, apart from being wet :D was at risk of falling on icy ground and surfaces also being at risk of black ice. It might be the surrounding areas that could scupper the game. Who makes a decision on the approaches to the ground?

12 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Might be worth checking in the morning, they have just a warning on the radio about try and keep off the motorways tomorrow due to snow and ice..

im leaving at about 1pm just incase the weathers crap..

Me and my mate will be setting off at 8:45...👀

Very windy. A light frost in Saddleworth. I wouldn't expect the game to be in doubt but driving might have an extra edge to it. Probably not as much edge as when I drove back from Fleetwood 3 seasons back when we hit proper snow and couldn't get up the hill from grotton to lydgate.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fyldelatic said:

Those who are driving in from a distance are worried about driving home afterwards, with frozen rain and black ice forecast. 50 miles of black ice isn't something I want to experience. 

Still of a mind to come - hopefully the M62 will be well gritted !!