MOTM Bury (H)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the derby day delight against Bury?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Hunt
    • Lang
    • Maouche
    • Missilou
    • Nepomuceno
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

36 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Apparently we cheated our way to victory 😀

From their forum.

“Thought we had a shout for a pen at the end.  The ref created a climate in the game which perfectly suited Oldham who got away with murder. Timewasting, blocking free kicks, have the little kid ball boys walk slow, booting the ball away, cynical pulls and pushes to stop our play, sly and too such a degree I can not give them credit. “

After having them tactics deployed against us all season, I’m glad to see us doing the same to the opposition. Seems we have learned how to be Lincoln-esque shithouses👍🏻

1 hour ago, rossy52 said:

travelling from Fylde coast , must admit bottled it with the forecast of snow and black ice  so typical it was a great game !

Great game despite the conditions, we was driving at 40mph at times on the motorway and it took us until we reached Preston on the way home to thaw out but was worth the risk..

Have to say i was sceptical of CoG starting again but he was a nuisance to their nervous back four all game, the pressing all over the pitch in the first half was outstanding and that was dictated by Missilou and Maoche in the middle..

Nepo is definately better than league two and i hope we can keep hold of him in Jan.

Roll on Next Saturday, should be able to feel my toes by then

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I disagree. I’ve been championing him for a reason. Not just to be contrarian. Little things he did said to me that there was a player in there. 

Opinions innit, I wouldn't have dismissed him offhand as players need time to show what they can do. 

53 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From their forum.

“Thought we had a shout for a pen at the end.  The ref created a climate in the game which perfectly suited Oldham who got away with murder. Timewasting, blocking free kicks, have the little kid ball boys walk slow, booting the ball away, cynical pulls and pushes to stop our play, sly and too such a degree I can not give them credit. “

This is good news, it’s been a missing element for us so far.

1 hour ago, LaticsPete said:

From their forum.

We did commit 20 fouls so on the one hand they might have a point but on the other hand I’m delighted we have a team that is willing to fight for everything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Isn’t it ironic that our team are dominating from midfield and the three players are all AL players?! 

And we all know that Gardner and Baxter cant do that fast press that was carried out in the first half today, it will be interesting to see if he puts Gardner straight back in when he recovers from his injury

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Isn’t it ironic that our team are dominating from midfield and the three players are all AL players?! 

Id like to add to Nepo had his best game for the club today both on the ball amd off the ball did his bit in the pressing and got involved with build up play really well.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shame his goalkeeper was largely responsible for us ending up in this shite league.

No his manager was 99% responsible.  But then he was appointed because it’s what the fans wanted. 

You still not having Maouche? 

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I'd also add that Lang and Surridge would be huge misses if they got injured and are as responsible as anyone for our high press and defending from the front mentality that Bunn seems to have instilled. Nepo's quality has never been in doubt and Missilou was decent from the the start, Maouche has taken time to shine but you've got to say he's taken his chance with both hands.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

No his manager was 99% responsible.  But then he was appointed because it’s what the fans wanted. 

You still not having Maouche? 

Just replied as you posted, never rated Gardner but didn't think he'd be up to it either but he's doing just fine and long may it continue. 

Edited by yarddog73

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

He did ok, I personally didn’t see that much of him. The tackle at the end was good. I don’t want anyone to do badly, just feel he needs to play consistently well, for at least a month before he is due the fan fare!

Didn't see that much of him. Jesus wept. Did you watch the match? He's got a great touch and his distribution was brilliant today. You're trying too hard

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

We did commit 20 fouls so on the one hand they might have a point but on the other hand I’m delighted we have a team that is willing to fight for everything 

They would of committed more but they couldn’t get near us 

18 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Didn't see that much of him. Jesus wept. Did you watch the match? He's got a great touch and his distribution was brilliant today. You're trying too hard

Ignore him. He’s a fool who can’t admit he’s wrong.  Just hope the person creating the MOTM poll puts Gardner on it for him. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just checked.  Yes he is suspended for next game. 

That's a pisser. Big ask for George now who has been getting better with every game somewhat to my surprise.  I thought he was immense today. Depending on injuries does Frank bring Graham in or shift Hamer inside. 

Stockley for them is  a handful.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

That's a tricky one..Graham or Hamer to partner Edmundson...maybe Lyden?

Tricky. 

Graham had a horror show last time out but he was at right back.  So keep Hamer at right back and stick Graham on in his proper position. 

Fingers crossed.