MOTM Bury (H)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the derby day delight against Bury?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Hunt
    • Lang
    • Maouche
    • Missilou
    • Nepomuceno
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd play Hamer at CB, Hunt at RB and Nepo LB if Dummigan still out. No need for Graham

No need for probably our best attacking threat to play at LB. Grahams here as cover for Clarke and Eddy he's got his chance it's now up to him to take it like others have.

• Like 1

As many have already posted in this thread, the first half yesterday was the best 45 minutes we have seen from the team this season. It was unfortunate that we conceded so early in the second half - caught napping for the first and could not clear our lines for the second. 

Bury looked a decent side and their recent form is testimony to that. They had a go after the break pushing us deeper and narrower in our play. And yet they simply could not live with us in that first half. 

Given the weather conditions, we should applaud both sides for the levels of skill and commitment shown yesterday - I know that it is what they are paid to do but all contributed to a game that was exciting and compelling until the final whistle.

And a final nod to all who turned up - it was a typical ISZ winter’s day but a performance that left us all buzzing 😀

Edited by TheBigDog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Taylor's been disappointing. More than happy to have Hunt and Dummigan/Hamer as the full backs. 

Taylor isn't a bad player, but has battled on through injuries. When he's 100% we will see the best of him. 

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Next time someone bangs on about how a disgrace of a ref has cheated us out of something or other just watch our fourth goal on a loop and wonder how on earth that was given in the modern game.

I thought the keeper lost it when he hit the ground and you sometimes see them given and sometimes not, we were also in front at the time and that decision wasn't pivotal to the outcome of the game like the ones the bent ref at Rochdale gave.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I thought the keeper lost it when he hit the ground and you sometimes see them given and sometimes not, we were also in front at the time and that decision wasn't pivotal to the outcome of the game like the ones the bent ref at Rochdale gave.

Just watch O'Grady; he can't believe it was allowed!  I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure a fourth goal was pivotal given how the match had panned out

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Just watch O'Grady; he can't believe it was allowed!  I wasn't there but I'm pretty sure a fourth goal was pivotal given how the match had panned out

Oh it was and sitting on the north stand side directly opposite where it happened. The linesman raised his flag I thought he had given a free kick the ref ponited to the centre spot. The ref went over to the linesman after a discussion it was given. We got a stroke of luck there it killed Bury off they were furious we would have been had it gone against us.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If the ref doesn't give it, I think Bury pull level. Whether we go ahead after that is another matter. When I first saw it I couldnt believe he gave it but after seeing it again it looks more like a reasonable decision. 

The ref was awful, for both sides, very inconsistent and after our 4th goal I think he ignores a very clear penalty for us. 

Bury were in his ear a lot and there was at least one occasion where he seemed to book one of our players because a Bury player berated him. 

One thing I think we struggle with especially as a lot of our players speak English as a 2nd language if at all. 

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Next time someone bangs on about how a disgrace of a ref has cheated us out of something or other just watch our fourth goal on a loop and wonder how on earth that was given in the modern game.

I have watched the fourth goal a number of times. Minimal contact from O’Grady on the keeper and (it has to be said) the ball...

I agree that those decisions are invariably given in the goalkeepers favour but I also believe that, on this occasion, the referee and his assistant got it right.

The goal was pivotal in that it gave us a two goal cushion as well as draining the spirit from Bury. All around me breathed a huge sigh of relief when the goal was given 😅 

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I have watched the fourth goal a number of times. Minimal contact from O’Grady on the keeper and (it has to be said) the ball...

I agree that those decisions are invariably given in the goalkeepers favour but I also believe that, on this occasion, the referee and his assistant got it right.

The goal was pivotal in that it gave us a two goal cushion as well as draining the spirit from Bury. All around me breathed a huge sigh of relief when the goal was given 😅 

I didn't say the decision was wrong, just amazed it was given.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I didn't say the decision was wrong, just amazed it was given.

I'd go so far as to say it was wrong... Keeper has the ball in two hands until O'Grady collides with him:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/siteassets/image/201819/season/29--bury-a/eg13_oldham_v_bury_151218_028.jpg/Large

Nice to be on the right end of these decisions for once though.

3 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

I'd go so far as to say it was wrong... Keeper has the ball in two hands until O'Grady collides with him:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/siteassets/image/201819/season/29--bury-a/eg13_oldham_v_bury_151218_028.jpg/Large

Nice to be on the right end of these decisions for once though.

In two hands. Not really, it bounced off his hands. 

Anyhow. Irrelevant. 4-2.