MOTM Bury (H)  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Man of the Match for the derby day delight against Bury?

• Iversen
    • Hamer
    • Clarke
    • Edmundson
    • Hunt
    • Lang
    • Maouche
    • Missilou
    • Nepomuceno
    • O'Grady
    • Surridge

In atrocious weather that wasn't a bad game of football, Bury were a strange side but having watched 2 half's of football I can now appreciate why they looked so poor 1st half. I would rather be entertained in this division than some of the shit we have seen in previous seasons. 

Fair play to all our midfield they were all up for it and Missilou is looking like a good find. Thought Langs performance deserved a goal today. Surridge still looks off it but we can afford him getting game time whilst we have the ruthless O'Grady scoring. 

The dominant pressing today was incredible. Maouche, Missilou and Nepomuceno outstanding.

Nepo adds so much balance to the team, always baffled me how Wellens dropped him. More than capable. 

Missilou everywhere, same for Maouche who once again looked class on the ball.

If we could have just calmed it for the first 10 mins in the second half, we would have breezed that.

Clarke exceptional today though. Hamer got forward plenty as well. How good is O’Grady’s touch? Holds it up so well..

Only negative today was the attendance, would have hoped for a bit more. Good run over Christmas and a win against Fulham then hopefully we can start getting people back.

Brilliant performance. We knew bury would have moments of pressure but we held out and nicked the 4th to real take the wind out of them.

The energy to press like we did first half was great to see. 2nd half they caught us napping and then built from there but we deserved to see that out and once we got the 4th we had spells of possession.

Proper team performance again. Sturridge and cog ran their backside off.

Nepo  was excellent again. 

The defence through themselves at everything late on as bury pressed.

Bit of luck  required but we are improving as a team. 

No coincidence  that since Rhodes went we have a looked a totally different side, attitude completely changed from ultra negative. Our pressing when not in possession is fantastic.

After recent performances against Tranmere, Lincoln  & Bury there is nothing to fear in this league. 

Just now, losesome said:

No coincidence  that since Rhodes went we have a looked a totally different side, attitude completely changed from ultra negative. Our pressing when not in possession is fantastic.

After recent performances against Tranmere, Lincoln  & Bury there is nothing to fear in this league. 

Looks like AL has made some decent decisions... like ‘lumbering’ us with Nepo, Missile, Maouche and recognising Rhodes was a negative influence. 

4 minutes ago, losesome said:

Correlation/causation etc. etc.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That first half display was as good as I've seen us in years. They were always gonna come out firing in the 2nd half and we made it difficult for ourselves, but controlled the game really well once the 4th went in. Another big game next weekend...

Huge next week. Win it and momentum over the Christmas period will see us close to, or in, the auto spots. 

52 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

The dominant pressing today was incredible. Maouche, Missilou and Nepomuceno outstanding.

Nepo adds so much balance to the team, always baffled me how Wellens dropped him. More than capable. 

Missilou everywhere, same for Maouche who once again looked class on the ball.

If we could have just calmed it for the first 10 mins in the second half, we would have breezed that.

Clarke exceptional today though. Hamer got forward plenty as well. How good is O’Grady’s touch? Holds it up so well..

Only negative today was the attendance, would have hoped for a bit more. Good run over Christmas and a win against Fulham then hopefully we can start getting people back.

Think the attendance will have been affected by the weather forecast. Some not risking the journey in case of postponment or not being able to get back home in horrible conditions. 

Hamer didn't stand up well against Mayor in the 2nd half but the tactical switch of Lang and Gevaro to give Hamer more cover was a wise move. Not necessarily a slight on Hamer as Mayor is a very good player (at this level) who has been in good form. Everyone else was good (at worst), the French combo dominated midfield despite being out numbered. 

Considering the ref is supposedly Championship standard he was awful. Very inconsistent and I think we got very lucky with our 4th goal. Having said that there were a couple of likely penalties that he didn't give. 

I like this team...can we keep it for a bit....

We set up quite nicely coming into the New Year.

Think i said a couple of weeks ago that it feels like COG is hitting form....bloody pleased for him and all the team today...worth getting a double dose of pnuemonia for...now i am going to crack on with the hot toddies..honey or lemon? hmmmm

Even at 3-2 I wasn't overly concerned as I thought we would score again and their defence was porous. The 2 centre backs were lumps. I never thought I'd see a centre half as bad as that lad we had on loan from Celtic 3 or 4 years back but their number 6 came close. Oh wait....

When we were winning early in the season I didn’t think the performances were particularly good but that first half was genuinely excellent, don’t know if it is by luck or design but we’ve stumbled across a really good midfield who run their nuts off. Bit of a brain fart at the start of the second half but once we got the fourth we looked comfortable